British 'justice'
Add Reply
Farmer Giles
2018-01-12 20:33:46 UTC
A female Wolverhampton police officer was knocked to the ground and
viciously attacked by a 23-year-old thug - result: no custodial sentence.

Meanwhile, in Manchester, a 29-year-old man shouts a few words at
footballer Raheem Sterling: result: a 16 week jail sentence.

I would ask for an explanation, but none is required. It's clearly ok to
physically attack police officers in Britain, but you can't shout nasty
words at black footballers. After all, they do have an agenda to think
about, you know.

It's also noted that the 'person' who attacked the police officer, 'has
not been named' - according to the local newspaper. One wonders why, did
he have a 'funny' name?
saracene
It is a seriously loss of free sppech that football crowds can't just shout and chant what the hell they want as they used to back in the eighties. Such freedom should have been celebrated, as we once used to celebrate Hyde Park Corner.
Farmer Giles
2018-01-12 21:55:20 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by Farmer Giles
A female Wolverhampton police officer was knocked to the ground and
viciously attacked by a 23-year-old thug - result: no custodial sentence.
Meanwhile, in Manchester, a 29-year-old man shouts a few words at
footballer Raheem Sterling: result: a 16 week jail sentence.
It is a seriously loss of free sppech that football crowds can't just shout and chant what the hell they want as they used to back in the eighties. Such freedom should have been celebrated, as we once used to celebrate Hyde Park Corner.
How I loved Speakers' Corner. Haven't been there since the seventies, it
would probably break my heart to go there today.
saracene
The principle was admired all over the world. I remwember a Saudi telling me he looked forward to a version of it being set up in his own country. Free speech is not a British value any more. Instead popinjays like Sadiq Khan tell the world what our new ones are.
Incubus
2018-01-15 09:13:58 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by Farmer Giles
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 8:33:50 PM UTC, Farmer Giles
Post by Farmer Giles
[...]
The silly Khunt likes to think that he speaks for Britain. He also
tells us that terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a modern
city but that pigs heads being left in a mosque is outrageous.
Ian Jackson
2018-01-15 11:01:19 UTC
The silly Khunt likes to think that he speaks for Britain. He also
tells us that terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a modern
city
Does it not worry you that this is not what he actually said?
http://bit.ly/2mCpjKL
Post by Incubus
but that pigs heads being left in a mosque is outrageous.
Would you not find it outrageous if someone left some pigs' heads in
your living room?
Ian
Incubus
2018-01-15 11:25:02 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
The silly Khunt likes to think that he speaks for Britain.  He also
tells us that terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a modern
city
Does it not worry you that this is not what he actually said?
http://bit.ly/2mCpjKL
It is what he said.
Post by Ian Jackson
but that pigs heads being left in a mosque is outrageous.
Would you not find it outrageous if someone left some pigs' heads in
your living room?
Terror attacks (or, if you are going to split hairs, being prepared for
terror attacks) is part and parcel if living in a modern city but
vandalism where no one is injured or killed is outrageous. Cognitive
dissonance noted.
Ian Jackson
2018-01-15 16:37:38 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
The silly Khunt likes to think that he speaks for Britain.  He also
tells us that terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a
modern city
Does it not worry you that this is not what he actually said?
http://bit.ly/2mCpjKL
It is what he said.
Not quite:
http://bit.ly/2r6Hc9b
What Khan actually said in September was: “Part and parcel of living
in a great global city is you've got to be prepared for these things,
you've got to be vigilant, you've got to support the police doing an
incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful,
we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the
way we lead our lives.”
Post by Incubus
Post by Ian Jackson
but that pigs heads being left in a mosque is outrageous.
Would you not find it outrageous if someone left some pigs' heads in
your living room?
Terror attacks (or, if you are going to split hairs, being prepared for
terror attacks) is part and parcel if living in a modern city
Ah! So you DO know what he actually said! Why do deceive yourself? Those
few additional words make what he said substantially different from what
some of the other reports say.