April fools joke catches on
Add Reply
saracene
2018-04-07 09:17:49 UTC
This story was put out in April 1st.

BBC wants gender balance of contributors by April 2019
BBC News-1 Apr 2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43610374

Equal balcne on all news probrames of female and male "experts".

Equality insanity has gone so far that this is no longer a joke.
johnny-knowall
2018-04-07 09:23:29 UTC
Post by saracene
This story was put out in April 1st.
BBC wants gender balance of contributors by April 2019
BBC News-1 Apr 2018
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43610374
Equal balcne on all news probrames of female and male "experts".
The BBC and experts is an oxymoron for a start.

Hiding child sexual abuse is the only subject they are expert in.
Dan S. MacAbre
That's odd: ISTM that they already have more female 'experts'.
saracene
Probably why it was an April fools joke.
Dan S. MacAbre
2018-04-07 12:01:56 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
This story was put out in April 1st.
BBC wants gender balance of contributors by April 2019
BBC News-1 Apr 2018
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43610374
Equal balcne on all news probrames of female and male "experts".
Equality insanity has gone so far that this is no longer a joke.
That's odd: ISTM that they already have more female 'experts'.
Probably why it was an April fools joke.
I thought I'd watch this new Civilisations thing. It's not as good as
I'd hoped it would be. Mary Beard can't resist the temptation to
compare herself with Kenneth Clark, and to condemn his 'Civilisation'
(and by implication, our own tastes) for being too Western. Such
hubris; and I'd humbly suggest that she comes off a poor second. And
why can't presenters be a bit more measured these days? I can't take
seriously a presenter who is unable to stop waving their arms around.
abelard
2018-04-07 12:13:41 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
[...]
she is indeed a great pain in the backside

both unaesthetic and a dreadful delivery...
2018-04-07 13:05:18 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
[...]
I never minded the lack of aesthetics - I'm no oil painting myself - but
I objected to the sneer as she told us that the Apollo Belvedere was no
more impressive than some Olmec lump. From that I infer that she's
another anti-Westerner that has wheedled her way onto the TV.
abelard
2018-04-07 13:47:45 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by abelard
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
[...]
probably the overweight jellies are not meeting their targets
at the bbc

her 'opinions' are of no interest...viewers do not need to be told
what to think by a person with little but fashionable prejudices

from the delightful inhouse magazine for the politically correct
'intellectual':-
"Shortly after the 11 September 2001 attacks on the World Trade
Center, Beard was one of several authors invited to contribute
articles on the topic to the London Review of Books. She opined that
many people, once "the shock had faded", thought "the United States
had it coming", and that "[w]orld bullies, even if their heart is in
the right place, will in the end pay the price"[20]. In a November
2007 interview, she stated that the hostility these comments provoked
had still not subsided, although she believed it had become a standard
viewpoint that terrorism was associated with American foreign policy."
2018-04-07 13:56:50 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by abelard
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
[...]
'Many people' like her, no doubt.
saracene
I don't mind her particuilalry. Was It A A Gill who complained about her being scruffy? I felt like defneidng her then. As for her saying that a lot of people thought Ameirca had it coming to them, only patriotic ynaks like you would find that outrageous. It's just true. Nothing to do with bieng left or right.
abelard
2018-04-07 14:36:21 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by abelard
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by abelard
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by saracene
[...]
no it isn't 'true'...it's a point of view expressed by 'people
like you'

you might just as well make such a foolish comment on the
bamyan buddhas or palmyra...

you are every bit as pc as she is...as you try to equate
the backward savages of the middle east with modern
advanced civilisations
saracene
2018-04-07 15:48:30 UTC
Post by saracene
I don't mind her particuilalry. Was It A A Gill who complained about her being scruffy? I felt like defneidng her then. As for her saying that a lot of people thought Ameirca had it coming to them, only patriotic ynaks like you would find that outrageous. It's just true. Nothing to do with bieng left or right.
no it isn't 'true'...it's a point of view expressed by 'people
like you'
I first heard those exact words repoerted a day or two after the event as coming from the father of my ex, a right wing ex war hero. I never liked him.
Post by abelard
you might just as well make such a foolish comment on the
bamyan buddhas or palmyra...
I have seen the twin towers and I have seen Palymyra. I missed those Buddhas becasue I was too stoned to make the trip from Kabul. Aesthetically there is no comparison.

You are a primitive neo con who approves of all America's war policy of the past few years.

I take it you wouldn't even have given Bin Laden the credit for a brilliant coup and would have seen his action as for more wicked than all the slaughter the Americans have been perpetrating over the years.

Incidnentally as strong supporter of the Isreali government.
Post by abelard
you are every bit as pc as she is...as you try to equate
the backward savages of the middle east with modern
advanced civilisations
The US is hardly an advanced modern civilisation. It is our closest ally faut de mieux, so we have to support it.

Some respect for the cleverness your enemies is noble. Coing from a highly moralistic revolutionary culture Americans tend not to show it.
abelard
2018-04-07 16:01:46 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by abelard
Post by saracene
I don't mind her particuilalry. Was It A A Gill who complained about her being scruffy? I felt like defneidng her then. As for her saying that a lot of people thought Ameirca had it coming to them, only patriotic ynaks like you would find that outrageous. It's just true. Nothing to do with bieng left or right.
no it isn't 'true'...it's a point of view expressed by 'people
like you'
I first heard those exact words repoerted a day or two after the event as coming from the father of my ex, a right wing ex war hero. I never liked him.
you're blithering...but then you always do that when you've
made an idiot of yourself yet again
saracene
2018-04-07 16:06:53 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by saracene
Some respect for the cleverness your enemies is noble. Coing from a highly moralistic revolutionary culture Americans tend not to show it.
you're blithering...but then you always do that when you've
made an idiot of yourself yet again
Congratulations on your oh so witty repsonse. God bless America.

Ophelia
2018-04-07 13:32:02 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]