There's no fool like a taxpayer fool.
2017-08-10 07:28:40 UTC
"As a type of political punishment beating to discourage other states like the Netherlands, Poland and Hungary from also charging to the exit door, the European Commissioners who have just travelled over the world at our expense, now wishes to pluck a figure out of the thin air and present it to the British Government with a straight face, as a ‘Brexit Bill.’

Now this Brexit Bill has absolutely no legal basis in the EU treaties whatsoever. So Juncker’s Junket Commission is trying to bluff the British taxpaying public into continuing to fund their bureaucratic life of luxury.

Let’s put aside for a second, the lack of legal basis in either UK or EU law for their make-believe ‘Brexit Bill’’. If we pretend to go along with the ruse just for a while and to think not as lawyers but as accountants, what do we find? Ok, let’s talk turkey then Jean-Claude!

The Commons Library research unit has calculated that the UK since it joined the then Common Market in 1973, has made a NET financial contribution of 184 billion pounds. How about we have this money back then?

Pro-EU think tank Bruegel has worked out that the EU has 133 billion pounds in assets of which 35.5 billion pounds in assets like buildings etc can be considered accumulated wealth.

As the UK has been a consistent net contributor to buy and build up these accumulated assets, surely when we leave, we can have the share which we have already paid for? It’s more than silly, it’s downright criminal to talk about any supposed UK liabilities without mentioning our share of the assets. The next time EU negotiator Michel Barnier tries to present a Brexit Bill, David Davies should tell him to wear a balaclava and carry a baseball bat.

The British people voted to leave the EU and cease making contributions to the EU budget from the time we leave. Once we leave the EU, our national contributions to the EU must cease.

To agree any exorbitant Brexit Bill in order to fund the salubrious lifestyle of European Commissioners and EU officials would be a huge betrayal of the British taxpayer and those who voted to leave the EU. This cannot be allowed to happen under any circumstances. The people voted for Brexit not betrayal and it is the responsibility of the British government to ensure that Brexit happens under acceptable terms.

Our contributions to the wasteful EU must cease the day we exit the European Union.

The government must make clear to EU negotiators that if they persist in trying to force an exorbitant Brexit bill and other attendant conditions like continued EU mass immigration on the UK then we are not just willing but duty bound to walk away with no agreement.

If the EU is reasonable and grown up about this whole affair concerning trade on which millions of European jobs are dependent, we are willing to be very fair, but if they continue to threaten present a rip of bill on leaving we are willing to call their Brexit bill bluff."

Nigel Farage:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2017/08/09/nigel-farage-slams-junket-juncker/
tory idiots
2017-08-10 12:58:29 UTC
no problem

the brexit bill can be paid out of the £350m a week that boris johnson

told the british public that would benefit by, right after brexit

boris paid to have it sprayed on the side of a whole bus
m***@btopenworld.com
2017-08-10 13:18:53 UTC
Post by tory idiots
no problem
the brexit bill can be paid out of the £350m a week that boris johnson
told the british public that would benefit by, right after brexit
boris paid to have it sprayed on the side of a whole bus
There is no legal justification for any 'Brexit bill' There is no reference to it in any EU treaty nor anywhere else.

Do you pay bills generated out of thin air? If so I'll send you one!
Ian Jackson
2017-08-10 19:16:53 UTC
Post by tory idiots
no problem
the brexit bill can be paid out of the £350m a week that boris johnson
told the british public that would benefit by, right after brexit
boris paid to have it sprayed on the side of a whole bus
There is no legal justification for any 'Brexit bill' There is no
reference to it in any EU treaty nor anywhere else.
Do you pay bills generated out of thin air? If so I'll send you one!
Some of the bill could be our share of payments for various commitments
that we have already entered into, and which will still need funding
after we've left. Presumably the payment will be a full and final
settlement, and the EU won't keep finding more invoices at the back of
the drawer, and ask us for yet more payments.

I'm sure that even the most-dedicated Brexiteer would not want us to
behave dishonourably, and renege on our promises.
--
Ian