Why does breast cancer receive double the funding that prostate cancer receives?
2017-09-07 08:16:57 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.

Feminism in operation, methinks.
Yellow
2017-09-07 08:52:25 UTC
In article <ooqv9t$bg8$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
I guess it makes a change from "all rape victims deserve it or are
lying".
g***@walkerlincoln.co.uk
2017-09-07 15:36:14 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by Incubus
Feminism in operation, methinks.
I guess it makes a change from "all rape victims deserve it or are
lying".
Which of course, has never beed said, or even implied here.

Grow up.
Basil Jet
2017-09-08 15:57:30 UTC
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
I guess it makes a change from "all rape victims deserve it or are
lying".
I admire the way you have altered the usual feminist debating technique
of "a) cry b) hit someone" for a text-only medium.
Yellow
2017-09-08 18:15:38 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
I guess it makes a change from "all rape victims deserve it or are
lying".
I admire the way you have altered the usual feminist debating technique
of "a) cry b) hit someone" for a text-only medium.
I have read that 6 times and still have no idea what your post means but
can't help but feel, as you are a 'usual suspect' if I may say so, that
its intend was probably to try to press my buttons. But whatever. :-p

Have you actually bothered to read this thread? From an appalling
initial post it is brilliant, one of the best on here for ages - people
talking about a very difficult topic and with tears and laugher.

It is an odd thing to say, that I have enjoyed reading a thread about
cancer, but I have. And the icing on the cake is that it can only have
highlighted the need for guys to get themselves checked for prostate
cancer, if they are at all worried.

So all good. :-)
Incubus
2017-09-11 09:02:31 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
I guess it makes a change from "all rape victims deserve it or are
lying".
I admire the way you have altered the usual feminist debating technique
of "a) cry b) hit someone" for a text-only medium.
I have read that 6 times and still have no idea what your post means but
can't help but feel, as you are a 'usual suspect' if I may say so, that
its intend was probably to try to press my buttons. But whatever. :-p
Have you actually bothered to read this thread? From an appalling
initial post it is brilliant, one of the best on here for ages - people
talking about a very difficult topic and with tears and laugher.
It pleases me to have apalled you. Next you'll be defending female on
male domestic violence.
Yellow
2017-09-11 18:09:07 UTC
In article <op5jf9$262$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Incubus
Post by Yellow
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
[...]
Do you see everyone is your own image? Because most of us just want to
see people treated as people and do not go off on sexist rants.

Sort yourself out!
Incubus
2017-09-12 12:09:29 UTC
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
Post by Yellow
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
[...]
So pointing out sexism is sexist. Interesting.
Post by Yellow
Sort yourself out!
I think you need my attention first.
saracene
2017-09-12 12:20:26 UTC
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
Post by Yellow
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Incubus
[...]
The whole concept is a ridiculous one. It's just a name thought up
for normal attitudes insofar as the deivate from some cranky new ones.
The Todal
2017-09-07 09:31:57 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
Funding from whom and for what? For detection or for treatment or for
research?

What specific changes would you wish to see?

I don't think there's a test for breast cancer equivalent to the PSA
test. Breast cancer is frequently mis-diagnosed or neglected by GPs,
especially if the patient is younger than the usual breast cancer
patient. In some areas the NHS won't fund treatment that lengthens the
life span of a terminally ill breast cancer patient.

Men generally have plenty of warning that their prostate is
malfunctioning and unless they stupidly decide that a very weak urine
stream is something that requires no investigation of any sort, they
will normally be given all the investigations and treatment that are
appropriate.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-09-07 09:43:45 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Incubus
[...]
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor. I don't
know if it's fear, or false optimism, or just obstinacy, but I feel
there is a deep reluctance coming from somewhere. My dad's knees got
worse and worse, and all he was prepared to do was take painkiller every
day. Now he can't walk. I may well be just as bad when my time comes,
but so far nothing serious has happened to me yet.
abelard
2017-09-07 10:13:14 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Incubus
[...]
have you noticed how every time you take your car
to a cheap garage....it comes back with something
else wrong with it...

there is no profit it fixing problems
2017-09-07 11:48:03 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Incubus
[...]

==

I had both my knees done but I was lucky to be working at the time with
private insurance.

I see people suffer greatly who have to wait for the NHS to stump up! It is
a damn disgrace.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
BurfordTJustice

Dan S. MacAbre
Stump up? Is that a pun? :-)
Ophelia
2017-09-08 14:43:53 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Incubus
[...]

errr only if you want it to be ;-)
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Ian Jackson
2017-09-07 12:49:53 UTC
In message <oor4ci$krf$***@dont-email.me>, Dan S. MacAbre <***@way.com>
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.

At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Ian
Dan S. MacAbre
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
Ian Jackson
2017-09-07 13:04:48 UTC
In message <oorffn$f8o$***@dont-email.me>, Dan S. MacAbre <***@way.com>
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
It's minor compared with having the biopsy procedure that entails poking
a gun up your arse, and firing 14 hollow needles into the prostate to
take samples! [This carries a certain risk, and I gather that it's being
replaced with MRI scans.]
Ian
Richard Jones
2017-09-07 13:37:50 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
It's minor compared with having the biopsy procedure that entails poking
a gun up your arse, and firing 14 hollow needles into the prostate to
take samples! [This carries a certain risk, and I gather that it's being
replaced with MRI scans.]
I had an MRI scan and rectal biopsy. The later was uncomfortable and
just to add to the fun, had a bunch of student docs in to view the
procedure. Worst bit was the internal local anaesthetic. After that you
could only hear the click of the needles. After effects not nice, red
'man juice' for many weeks afterwards.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-09-07 13:39:45 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
It's minor compared with having the biopsy procedure that entails poking
a gun up your arse, and firing 14 hollow needles into the prostate to
take samples! [This carries a certain risk, and I gather that it's being
replaced with MRI scans.]
If that's the least sadistic option they can come up with, maybe they
should spend even less.
Norman Wells
2017-09-07 16:18:36 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
It's minor compared with having the biopsy procedure that entails poking
a gun up your arse, and firing 14 hollow needles into the prostate to
take samples! [This carries a certain risk, and I gather that it's being
replaced with MRI scans.]
Doctors have no reliable tests as regards the prostate. They're working
in the dark.
Ian Jackson
2017-09-07 16:27:30 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
It's minor compared with having the biopsy procedure that entails
poking a gun up your arse, and firing 14 hollow needles into the
prostate to take samples! [This carries a certain risk, and I gather
that it's being replaced with MRI scans.]
Doctors have no reliable tests as regards the prostate. They're
working in the dark.
It IS difficult. It's in that general area that the sun doesn't shine.
Ian
Yellow
2017-09-07 16:45:53 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
It's minor compared with having the biopsy procedure that entails poking
a gun up your arse, and firing 14 hollow needles into the prostate to
take samples! [This carries a certain risk, and I gather that it's being
replaced with MRI scans.]
Doctors have no reliable tests as regards the prostate. They're working
in the dark.
Unfortunately that is the case with many cancers, not just prostate. At
least it can be accessed, if unpleasantly, without having to open the
body up.
Incubus
You can always get some practice in first.
Dan S. MacAbre
Well, if it helps to reduce the surprise/shock when the time comes...
The Todal
2017-09-08 10:03:03 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
You can always get some practice in first.
Well, if it helps to reduce the surprise/shock when the time comes...
Women have to put up with internal examinations starting from when they
are still of school age.

Men are wusses in comparison.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-09-08 10:16:40 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
You can always get some practice in first.
Well, if it helps to reduce the surprise/shock when the time comes...
Women have to put up with internal examinations starting from when they
are still of school age.
Men are wusses in comparison.
I certainly am. I wouldn't even submit to an external examination of my
codlings. Not as a matter of routine, anyway. Maybe if I already knew
that something was wrong, but then it might be too late. I don't know
why we are so prudish - I don't suppose many other creatues are.
Norman Wells
2017-09-08 11:02:11 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
If you've spent your whole like licking your genitals and sniffing
others' backsides, I don't thionk there's much scope for prudishness.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-09-08 11:22:37 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
Very true. And while I'm currently feeling no great impulse to do
either of those things (it would have a catastrophic effect on my
income, for one thing), I can't help wondering why we ever stopped doing
things like that. Who decided that it's not 'civilised' behaviour? I'd
find it an interesting subject, if I even knew the name of it.
abelard
2017-09-08 11:30:16 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
how about 'political correctness'
2017-09-08 11:36:50 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
I don't think PC is what is preventing me from sniffing someone's
backside :-) And looking at some of the munters around here, I'm pretty
sure that I wouldn't even want to, TBH. Perhaps I should be more
open-minded?
Ophelia

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Norman Wells
Did it only stop in the 1990's then?
Norman Wells
2017-09-08 11:43:07 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
others' backsides, I don't think there's much scope for prudishness.
Very true.  And while I'm currently feeling no great impulse to do
either of those things (it would have a catastrophic effect on my
income, for one thing), I can't help wondering why we ever stopped doing
things like that.
The major problem I've found is the flexibility of my back.

Though it does make me grateful for the length of my arms.
Dan S. MacAbre
We must be grateful for small mercies.
Norman Wells
2017-09-08 11:54:40 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
If you've spent your whole life licking your genitals and sniffing
others' backsides, I don't think there's much scope for prudishness.
Very true.  And while I'm currently feeling no great impulse to do
either of those things (it would have a catastrophic effect on my
income, for one thing), I can't help wondering why we ever stopped
doing things like that.
The major problem I've found is the flexibility of my back.
Though it does make me grateful for the length of my arms.
We must be grateful for small mercies.
Of course. But I think you're getting a bit personal now. I bet your
mercy isn't so impressive either.
Dan S. MacAbre
It's nothing to write home about, I'm afraid.
Ophelia
2017-09-08 14:48:20 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]

I am sure you will enjoy it, so I leave you to your ... errr ponderings!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
tim...
Anthropology
Ophelia
2017-09-10 20:25:56 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]

===

LOL what a bunch of wusses:))))
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
tim...
2017-09-11 10:10:43 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
[...]
why's it funny?
Post by tim...
what a bunch of wusses:))))
Anthropology - the study of human societies and cultures and their
development

tim
Ophelia
2017-09-11 10:23:11 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
writes
Post by tim...
what a bunch of wusses:))))
Anthropology - the study of human societies and cultures and their
development

tim

==

I wasn't laughing at that bit. I had just read the whole thing.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
abelard
2017-09-08 10:25:22 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
You can always get some practice in first.
Well, if it helps to reduce the surprise/shock when the time comes...
Women have to put up with internal examinations starting from when they
are still of school age.
Men are wusses in comparison.
males are not designed for things to go up...
females are
Yellow
Trust me - a smear teat is not a pleasurable experience.
abelard
2017-09-08 15:17:21 UTC
Post by Yellow
@abelard.org says...
Post by abelard
Post by The Todal
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when the time comes! :-)
You can always get some practice in first.
Well, if it helps to reduce the surprise/shock when the time comes...
Women have to put up with internal examinations starting from when they
are still of school age.
Men are wusses in comparison.
males are not designed for things to go up...
females are
Trust me - a smear teat is not a pleasurable experience.
i refuse to comment!
The Todal
2017-09-07 16:34:05 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I think men will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctor.
At the first suspicion of breast cancer, women get their breasts
squeezed. This is something that most are used to.
A mammogram is often rather uncomfortable. Like having your breasts
crushed between two massive plates.
It should be a standard investigation for men over 55, though.
Yellow
2017-09-07 16:50:49 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@icloud.com
says...
Post by The Todal
Post by Ian Jackson
At the first suspicion of prostate cancer, men get a finger shoved up
their arsehole. This is NOT something that most are used to!
It should be a standard investigation for men over 55, though.
I was under the impression it was checked regularly if you attend
regular health checks with your GP? I must admit that is a bit of an
assumption because I only have one male friend who I am close enough to
to talk of such things and I know he has his checked regularly.
Norman Wells
2017-09-07 16:13:55 UTC
Post by The Todal
I don't think there's a test for breast cancer equivalent to the PSA
test.
Since the PSA test is generally regarded as just a guess, I think there
must be an equivalent for breast cancer.
Yellow
The nearest equivalent available to us is having a mammogram.
Ophelia
2017-09-08 14:51:42 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
I don't think there's a test for breast cancer equivalent to the PSA
test.
Since the PSA test is generally regarded as just a guess, I think there
must be an equivalent for breast cancer.
The nearest equivalent available to us is having a mammogram.

==

Ohh I don't think they would like that!! Have you had one?

They crush your boob between two plates ...
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Incubus
2017-09-08 10:36:01 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
Funding from whom and for what? For detection or for treatment or for
research?
Research:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20875488
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2255559/Anger-prostate-cancer-lags-research-spending-despite-common-form-disease-men.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9772648/Prostate-cancer-research-underfunded.html
Post by The Todal
What specific changes would you wish to see?
More parity with funding. Perhaps it's a case of the squeaky wheel that
gets the oil.
Post by The Todal
I don't think there's a test for breast cancer equivalent to the PSA
test. Breast cancer is frequently mis-diagnosed or neglected by GPs,
especially if the patient is younger than the usual breast cancer
patient. In some areas the NHS won't fund treatment that lengthens the
life span of a terminally ill breast cancer patient.
Is it your opinion that prostate cancer is more likely to be detected if
symptoms are present? I would say that this can be addressed by GPs
following stricter guidelines for breast cancer.
Post by The Todal
Men generally have plenty of warning that their prostate is
malfunctioning and unless they stupidly decide that a very weak urine
stream is something that requires no investigation of any sort, they
will normally be given all the investigations and treatment that are
appropriate.
Some people will assume that a weak urine stream is a result of the
aging process. It's something of a stereotype that incontinence comes
with old age.
Ian Jackson
2017-09-08 11:52:49 UTC
Post by The Todal
What specific changes would you wish to see?
More parity with funding. Perhaps it's a case of the squeaky wheel
that gets the oil.
That £350M will provide more-than-enough lubrication (at least for the
occasional finger-up-the-arse).
Ian
abelard
2017-09-07 10:04:45 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
it's because tits are bigger than balls
AnthonyL
2017-09-07 11:49:47 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
it's because tits are bigger than balls
What's balls got to do with prostate cancer?

Anyway there's twice as many tits as prostates.
AnthonyL
abelard
2017-09-07 11:59:33 UTC
Post by AnthonyL
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
it's because tits are bigger than balls
What's balls got to do with prostate cancer?
Anyway there's twice as many tits as prostates.
i might point out that tits remain greater...often much greater
tim...
2017-09-07 15:33:30 UTC
Post by AnthonyL
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
it's because tits are bigger than balls
What's balls got to do with prostate cancer?
Anyway there's twice as many tits as prostates.
and 1% of Breast cancer patients are men

I suspect that's infinitely more than there are women prostate suffers

tim
Post by AnthonyL
AnthonyL
Nick
2017-09-07 10:10:35 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
I won't claim to know the answer but it may be possible that funding on
breast cancer yields better results.

Early stage breast cancer, like DCIS, can be identified and treated very
successfully. I'm not sure that is true of prostate cancer.
Byker
2017-09-07 14:24:18 UTC
Because there are two tits per patient, as opposed to one prostate...
2017-09-07 15:12:44 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge difference
in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
Because there are two tits per patient, as opposed to one prostate...
Good point(s).
- -

Arizona."

Iudaei orbem terrarum infestant.
- correct Latin

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out
because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade
Unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a Trade
Unionist. Then they came for the jews, and I did not speak out
because I did not give a shit. Then they came for me and there
wasn't a single commie bastard left to speak for me."
- Martin Niemöller (1892 - 1984)

Illuc nisi Dei gratia vadam.
- Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe (? - )
The Peeler
2017-09-07 17:51:29 UTC
On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 08:12:44 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual cripple, making a
total ass of herself as "Wiedergutmachungantragsteller Klaun
Feminism in operation, methinks.
Because there are two tits per patient, as opposed to one prostate...
Good point(s).
You are lucky for once, Razovic with no dick but two tits!
--
Michael to sexually crippled Razovic:
"your bringing up rectums in every thread strongly indicates that you
MID: <m525hd$q2d$***@dont-email.me>
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Ron Jacobson"/etc)
2017-09-08 18:35:33 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
A shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
"First they came for the Socialists"
But eventually they came for the nazoid sub-lice... LOL!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2cb_1326140530 (you can skip to 0:30)
m***@btopenworld.com
2017-09-07 16:54:16 UTC
Because there are two of them?
Omega
2017-09-08 06:42:56 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks
Forty nine men out of fifty who have prostate cancer go on to die of the
disease.

So called treatment for this cancer, merely hinders the outcome often
causing much pain and anguish for the patient.

Best to tell the doctor, fuck off but keep the analgesics handy.

omega
Norman Wells
2017-09-08 07:49:16 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks
Forty nine men out of fifty who have prostate cancer go on to die of the
disease.
Unless the medical profession is totally wrong, it doesn't seem like it:

"most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it"

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html

"99% of men with the most common types of prostate cancer overall will
survive more than five years after diagnosis."

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/prostate-cancer-survival-rates-what-they-mean#2

"Ninety-eight percent (98%) are alive after 10 years, and 96% live for
at least 15 years."

http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/prostate-cancer/statistics

Crikey, if you're 80 and want to survive to 95, it seems a good thing to
get.
Best tell the doctor to treat it actually.
The Todal
2017-09-08 08:06:50 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Omega
Best to tell the doctor, fuck off but keep the analgesics handy.
Best tell the doctor to treat it actually.
I agree - and best to find out exactly what you've got and then to
discuss treatment options. Many men have benign prostate enlargement
which causes a lot of discomfort - weak urine stream, frequent urination
which makes them get up several times a night. There are drugs to
relieve the symptoms.
Omega
2017-09-08 09:56:06 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Omega
So called treatment for this cancer, merely hinders the outcome often
causing much pain and anguish for the patient.
Best to tell the doctor, fuck off but keep the analgesics handy.
Best tell the doctor to treat it actually.
I was referred to a urologist after my practice nurse sneaked a blood
sample for a PSA analysis. I thought I was in for a thyroid blood test.
Taking blood without informing a patient is assault!

My PSA result came out at 7 when a man of my age then, should have a
reading no higher than 4, according to current medical opinion.

Carrying out lots of research I discovered men who have frequent sex and
exercise such as bike riding or even fast walking will artificially lift
a PSA reading and therefore suggested to my medics, I would abstain from
sex and exercise for a week and take another blood test, this time with
my consent. At the time I was having sex at least once a day and
sometimes more, long walks and much riding my bike.

At the end of the week off from sex, walking and bike riding my PSA
result had dropped one whole point to 6. My urologist was fairly
stunned but insisted I still have a digital examination, yes, his gloved
finger up my bum to 'feel' my prostate. "I've done thousands of these
examinations", he informed me, "in my opinion, your prostate is
completely benign". There was a 'but'.

He explained what a needle biopsy was and was insistent I take the test.
I declined. Do you know 1 in a 100 men die after these tests having
caught infections. His figure!

I asked at the time, if it was discovered I had cancer what was the
treatment. What a fucking can of worms I opened there! "We could opt
for surgery, or we might consider radio therapy or perhaps chemo therapy
or even a combination of these therapies". In other words you haven't
really perfected a treatment for this cancer yet, one could say maybe,
you haven't a clue. Do you know, he smiled and said yes, that's about it.

I have no symptoms other than a single figure from a blood test, which
is notoriously inaccurate in the first place. You can take me out, I
don't need to pee every five minutes and when I do go, I have a good
flow and no discomfort.

As an aside, while doing my researches I discovered men who don't have a
sex life either though impotency or lack of libido are many, many times
more likely to develope cancer of their prostate. Rather alarming!

Yes, some men survive a few years after cancer treatment for this
hideous disease some living with dignity no better than farmyard animals.

omega
The Todal
2017-09-08 10:11:08 UTC
Post by Omega
I have no symptoms other than a single figure from a blood test, which
is notoriously inaccurate in the first place.  You can take me out, I
don't need to pee every five minutes and when I do go, I have a good
flow and no discomfort.
The chap I knew who died of prostate cancer said that he noticed blood
in his urine, so maybe that's the point at which you should be more
concerned. An elevated PSA doesn't seem a satisfactory reason for a
needle biopsy.
Post by Omega
As an aside, while doing my researches I discovered men who don't have a
sex life either though impotency or lack of libido are many, many times
more likely to develope cancer of their prostate.  Rather alarming!
It has often been said in the medical press that a regular sex life,
including if necessary masturbating to orgasm regularly, has a
protective effect against prostate cancer. If you needed an excuse.
Post by Omega
Yes, some men survive a few years after cancer treatment for this
hideous disease some living with dignity no better than farmyard animals.
Well, that's cancer for you. Try living with a stoma (colostomy bag) and
then adapt your dignity to the circumstances. Yes, surgery can lead to
impotence and urinary incontinence but if the alternative is death it's
possible to adapt to one's new life. It is often said that many patients
die "with" prostate cancer but not "because of" it.

There's an entire book on the topic, worth reading. Someone recommended
it to me, when my doctor mistakenly diagnosed prostate problems. It's
"Dr. Peter Scardino's Prostate Book". Easily obtained second hand via
Amazon.
Norman Wells
2017-09-08 11:33:58 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Omega
I have no symptoms other than a single figure from a blood test, which
is notoriously inaccurate in the first place.  You can take me out, I
don't need to pee every five minutes and when I do go, I have a good
flow and no discomfort.
The chap I knew who died of prostate cancer said that he noticed blood
in his urine, so maybe that's the point at which you should be more
concerned.
He died. That may be some indication that his concern was rather too late.
Post by The Todal
An elevated PSA doesn't seem a satisfactory reason for a
needle biopsy.
It depends how high the reading is. But in any case it's why they also
perform a digital examination, and maybe an MRI scan, and maybe an
ultrasound scan, to find out just how big and irregular the thing is
first, and thus how likely it is to be cancerous.
tim...
2017-09-10 18:16:15 UTC
I have no symptoms other than a single figure from a blood test, which is
notoriously inaccurate in the first place. You can take me out, I don't
need to pee every five minutes and when I do go, I have a good flow and
no discomfort.
The chap I knew who died of prostate cancer said that he noticed blood in
his urine, so maybe that's the point at which you should be more
concerned. An elevated PSA doesn't seem a satisfactory reason for a needle
biopsy.
There are several non-invasive checks that could/should be done before this
point is reached.

I doubt that many people have the biopsy unless all alternative tests point
to the certainty of an enlarged prostate.

tim
abelard
2017-09-08 10:37:13 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Omega
[...]
that' all very well...but they need people like you to practice on

don't be so selfish...
Omega
2017-09-08 11:12:02 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Omega
[...]
I believe I was being original when I muttered some years ago, 'every
patient, an experiment'.
Norman Wells
2017-09-08 11:25:52 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Omega
So called treatment for this cancer, merely hinders the outcome often
causing much pain and anguish for the patient.
Best to tell the doctor, fuck off but keep the analgesics handy.
Best tell the doctor to treat it actually.
I was referred to a urologist after my practice nurse sneaked a blood
sample for a PSA analysis.  I thought I was in for a thyroid blood test.
 Taking blood without informing a patient is assault!
You gave consent for the blood sample to be taken. What it's tested for
afterwards does not make it an assault.
Post by Omega
[...]
Perfection of any treatment is a never-achievable Holy Grail. There are
various alternatives, all of which work, some better than others
depending on the particular case and the patient's preferences.
Post by Omega
I have no symptoms other than a single figure from a blood test, which
is notoriously inaccurate in the first place.  You can take me out, I
don't need to pee every five minutes and when I do go, I have a good
flow and no discomfort. >
As an aside, while doing my researches I discovered men who don't have a
sex life either though impotency or lack of libido are many, many times
more likely to develope cancer of their prostate.  Rather alarming!
No-one knows the cause of prostate cancer. But it's certainly
associated with high testosterone levels too, which is why one of the
possible treatments is with hormones to bring it down.
Post by Omega
Yes, some men survive a few years after cancer treatment for this
hideous disease some living with dignity no better than farmyard animals.
After treatment:

"Ninety-eight percent (98%) are alive after 10 years, and 96% live for
at least 15 years."

That's a little better, I think, than your 'some men survive a few
years' would suggest. Especially since it's a disease usually only
existing and diagnosed in the elderly.

But why on earth do you consider they're living 'with dignity no better
than farmyard animals'?
tim...
2017-09-08 09:09:42 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by Incubus
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks
Forty nine men out of fifty who have prostate cancer go on to die of the
disease.
only because most of those diagnosed are old, will be told that their
prostrate cancer will not kill them for 15 years and that they will probably
die of something else in that timeframe anyway.

Or they can have an operation to have it removed with some very distressing
side effects.

So when given the choice whether to take the risk that they wouldn't have
lived any longer

most choose to do so

tim
BurfordTJustice
2017-09-07 15:22:16 UTC
but they have a Vagina!
gramps
2017-09-08 17:15:55 UTC
The mortality rate is equal between the two yet there is a huge
difference in levels of funding worldwide.
Feminism in operation, methinks.
No; prostate cancer's survival rate is huge:
The survival rate for men with local or regional prostate cancer is 98% after 10 years.

One woman in every eight get breast cancer, and the survival rate for of women with breast cancer is only 75% after ten years.
Omega

omega
gramps
2017-09-10 21:41:02 UTC
Post by Omega
Forty nine men out of fifty who have prostate cancer go on to die of the
disease.
I think you have reversed the facts. My doctor has shown me data several times that the majority of men who have prostate cancer die of something else --- in old age. Examinations of old age deaths in men often reveal prostate cancers that the men and their doctors had never known about.

But those who do die of prostate cancer suffer terribly, since it always metastasizes into the bones, so a prostate "death" is really a death from bone cancer.
saracene
2017-09-10 22:30:13 UTC
Post by gramps
Post by Omega
Forty nine men out of fifty who have prostate cancer go on to die of the
disease.
I think you have reversed the facts. My doctor has shown me data several times that the majority of men who have prostate cancer die of something else --- in old age. Examinations of old age deaths in men often reveal prostate cancers that the men and their doctors had never known about.
But those who do die of prostate cancer suffer terribly, since it always metastasizes into the bones, so a prostate "death" is really a death from bone cancer.
There are two fo9rms of prostate cancer, known as the tiger and the pussycat.