April 2017 - The massive crack in the Antarctic ice shelf is hanging on by a 12-mile 'thread'
Add Reply
Bradley K. Schurman
2017-07-15 20:04:09 UTC
Damn that global warming.

The largest icebergs known have all broken off from ice shelves,
the survey said.

Ice shelves are permanent floating sheets of ice that connect to
a land mass, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center.
(Thus, since they're floating, when the berg finally breaks off,
it won't add to sea-level rise).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/sciencefair/2017/04/03/antar
ctic-ice-crack-iceberg-larsen-c/99984132/

7
2017-07-15 22:00:53 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Schurman
Damn that global warming.
The largest icebergs known have all broken off from ice shelves,
the survey said.
Ice shelves are permanent floating sheets of ice that connect to
a land mass, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center.
(Thus, since they're floating, when the berg finally breaks off,
it won't add to sea-level rise).
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/sciencefair/2017/04/03/antar
ctic-ice-crack-iceberg-larsen-c/99984132/
Tis the ice crack watch season - paint watch season is over!

All this breaking ice is making me feel baked!

Climate change now accelerated to 1 degree per HOUR!!!!

As the Sun cums up, the earth's temperature goes up
average 1 degree per hour. And when then Sun cums
down, the globe cools 1 degree per hour.

Climate is changing every hour!

Awe noooo! This is making me crispy and toasted.

Can I have a bacon sandwich to top it all off?