UK: Drug charges dropped after suspect refuses to poop for 47 days in custody
BurfordTJustice
2018-03-08 16:52:01 UTC
Drug charges dropped after suspect refuses to poop for 47 days in custody

British prosecutors have dropped drug charges against a suspect who refused
to use the toilet while he was in custody for 47 days.

Lamarr Chambers, 24, of Brixton was arrested on Jan. 17 after being chased
by police. He was suspected of swallowing drugs during the chase, the BBC
reported.

The Crown Prosecution Service announced Monday that drug charges were being
dropped against Chambers due to "insufficient evidence." Police were also
forced to release Chambers due to "medical and legal advice."
He was released from custody Monday and treated at a hospital, Essex Police
said.
The BBC reported that 47 days is "the longest anyone has gone without going
to the toilet while in custody."

Sky News reported social media users closely monitored #PooWatch which gave
updates on Chambers' lack of bowel movements.

Chambers refused to take laxatives while in custody but ate and drank,
officials said. He also had medical visits daily. However, Chambers never
once defecated while in custody, police said. He also refused medical
treatment while in custody.

Officers monitored Chambers fearing his health could be harmed after not
defecating for 47 days.

"Where detainees are suspected of ingesting or concealing drugs inside their
body, we must balance overseeing their welfare and ensuring that all
evidence is captured to ensure the best possible chance of prosecution,"
Deputy Chief Constable BJ Harrington said.

"We will... not shy away from talking about the unpleasant truths that go
hand in hand with the drug dealing lifestyle, from the violence often
perpetrated by those involved to the expectation on dealers to 'plug' drugs
to avoid capture," Harrington continued.
tim...
2018-03-08 16:57:47 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
I feel sure if someone had used this as the story for a film, it would be
panned as completely implausible by the critics

tim
JNugent
2018-03-08 17:33:25 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
Twelfth Night. Act 3, Scene 4:

Fabian: If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction.

[Shakespeare in full self-awareness mode, given the plot of the play.]
Handsome Jack
2018-03-08 19:22:55 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
Drug charges dropped after suspect refuses to poop for 47 days in custody
British prosecutors have dropped drug charges against a suspect who refused
to use the toilet while he was in custody for 47 days.
I feel sure if someone had used this as the story for a film, it would
be panned as completely implausible by the critics
Panned?

You're round the bend mate.
Jack
Paul Pot
2018-03-08 22:49:39 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
How long could they keep him in custody like this?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
BurfordTJustice
2018-03-09 11:10:54 UTC
How about 47 days??

"Paul Pot" <***@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message news:p7sem8$ag8$***@dont-email.me...
: tim... presented the following explanation :
: > "BurfordTJustice" <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote in message
: > news:p7rpnl$2fk$***@dont-email.me...
: >> Drug charges dropped after suspect refuses to poop for 47 days in
: >> custody
: >>
[...]
: >
: > I feel sure if someone had used this as the story for a film, it
: > would be panned as completely implausible by the critics
: >
: > tim
: >
: How long could they keep him in custody like this?
:
: --
: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
tim...
2018-03-09 11:19:19 UTC
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
no idea

obviously they thought that the couldn't do so any longer

quite why is unclear

tim
Post by Paul Pot
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Vidcapper
2018-03-09 15:52:01 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
They feared he would explode and cover the jail in shit? :p
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
BurfordTJustice

: Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
tim...
2018-03-10 11:39:31 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Nonsense....
what

that it might happen

or that it was something they would worry about if it did?

tim
Post by BurfordTJustice
: >
: >
: Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
JNugent
2018-03-09 17:34:47 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
You could use that in a Monty Python film.

Again.
JNugent
2018-03-09 17:36:26 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
PACE does not allow for that length of detention without a charge, even
if the charge is a relatively minor holding one.
Incubus
They can apply to extend the detention period if there are grounds to do so.
JNugent
2018-03-09 18:16:49 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
But 96 hours max, surely?

It's different if there is another (even a minor) charge which can be
used to justify a remand rather than bail.
Paul Pot
2018-03-09 20:05:59 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
I feel sure if someone had used this as the story for a film, it would be
panned as completely implausible by the critics
tim
How long could they keep him in custody like this?
no idea
obviously they thought that the couldn't do so any longer
quite why is unclear
tim
PACE does not allow for that length of detention without a charge, even if
the charge is a relatively minor holding one.
They can apply to extend the detention period if there are grounds to do so.
But 96 hours max, surely?
It's different if there is another (even a minor) charge which can be
used to justify a remand rather than bail.
He was charged, later dropped, so does anyone know what the max legal
length of custody is for these cases?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
saracene
What was the drug? Was it Chambers pot?
Tommy
2018-03-10 00:22:13 UTC
Post by Paul Pot
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
I feel sure if someone had used this as the story for a film, it would be
panned as completely implausible by the critics
tim
How long could they keep him in custody like this?
no idea
obviously they thought that the couldn't do so any longer
quite why is unclear
tim
PACE does not allow for that length of detention without a charge, even if
the charge is a relatively minor holding one.
They can apply to extend the detention period if there are grounds to do so.
But 96 hours max, surely?
It's different if there is another (even a minor) charge which can be
used to justify a remand rather than bail.
He was charged, later dropped, so does anyone know what the max legal
length of custody is for these cases?
It seems they can charge you, release you at a set time, and rearrest
you on release. Seems very ambiguous, but that casse of 47 days in
custody may have occurred in an airport - so the custodee,,, was neither
in the UK until he crossed their border ???

https://www.gov.uk/arrested-your-rights/how-long-you-can-be-held-in-custody

https://www.gov.uk/charged-crime
BurfordTJustice
2018-03-10 11:26:13 UTC
what airport?

"Tommy" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 09/03/2018 8:05 PM, Paul Pot wrote:
: > JNugent was thinking very hard :
: >> On 09/03/2018 17:49, Incubus wrote:
: >>> On 2018-03-09, JNugent <***@fastmail.fm> wrote:
: >>>> On 09/03/2018 11:19, tim... wrote:
: >>>>>
: >>>>> "Paul Pot" <***@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message
: >>>>> news:p7sem8$ag8$***@dont-email.me...
: >>>>>> tim... presented the following explanation :
: >>>>>>> "BurfordTJustice" <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote in message
: >>>>>>> news:p7rpnl$2fk$***@dont-email.me...
: >>>>>>>>
: >>>>>>>
:
Incubus
2018-03-12 09:28:59 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
I don't know of any set maximum. I understand each extension will be
considered on its merits, but I could be wrong.

I imagine a potential offence of possession with intent to supply would be
serious enough.
JNugent
2018-03-12 16:59:07 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
But there are strict rules under PACE. Once a charge has been brought,
the arrestee may not be questioned further about it, let alone be
expected to provide forensic evidence. And if the forensic was needed in
order to be able to charge him, he... er... wouldn't be charged without
it, IYSWIM.
Incubus
2018-03-12 17:13:13 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
It says that charges were dropped but I wonder whether he was actually charged
or simply arrested.
JNugent
2018-03-12 17:58:21 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
It seems to me that he must have been charged with something, else he
could not have been kept in custody for so long.
Incubus
2018-03-13 09:44:20 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
When someone is charged, they can only be held until they appear in the
Magistrates' Court, whose reponsibility it is to decide whether bail will be
granted. I have never heard of someone being charged pending collection of
sufficient evidence for that charge.
JNugent
2018-03-13 23:24:25 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by Incubus
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Paul Pot
Post by tim...
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
Exactly.

And since the PACE max is 96 hours, anyone held longer than that has to
have been charged and remanded in custody. The alternative is to bail
him, and that clearly can't have been the case here.
BurfordTJustice
2018-03-12 18:02:29 UTC
Google.com

"Incubus" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:p86cf9$bkr$***@dont-email.me...
: On 2018-03-12, JNugent <***@fastmail.fm> wrote:
: > On 12/03/2018 09:28, Incubus wrote:
: >> On 2018-03-09, JNugent <***@fastmail.fm> wrote:
: >>> On 09/03/2018 17:49, Incubus wrote:
: >>>> On 2018-03-09, JNugent <***@fastmail.fm> wrote:
: >>>>> On 09/03/2018 11:19, tim... wrote:
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>> "Paul Pot" <***@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message
: >>>>>> news:p7sem8$ag8$***@dont-email.me...
: >>>>>>> tim... presented the following explanation :
: >>>>>>>> "BurfordTJustice" <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote in message
: >>>>>>>> news:p7rpnl$2fk$***@dont-email.me...
: >>>>>>>>> Drug charges dropped after suspect refuses to poop for 47 days
in
: >>>>>>>>> custody
: >>>>>>>>>
: or simply arrested.
2018-03-08 18:13:56 UTC
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:52:01 -0500, "BurpfartTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
No shit!
- -

Arizona."

"The jew g-d is your g-d's dad."
- quoted from the Foreskin Peeler's doctoral dissertation
(Divinity, 'University' of Salonica, 2001)

ass?"

even one word drivel."
The Peeler
2018-03-08 18:31:43 UTC
On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 10:13:56 -0800, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by BurfordTJustice
to avoid capture," Harrington continued.
No shit!
Constipated again, dumb anal Razovic?
--
Anal Razovic's motto:
"An enema for every constipated anus."
MID: <***@4ax.com>
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Ron Jacobson"/etc)
2018-03-09 12:28:34 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
A shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
MORE shit over here!
Sick nazoid!

ADMIT it, Andrzej... you LOVE eating the brown stuff, just like Shitler did!

Yes folks, FOUR leading experts concluded: Shitler ate shit!

"He is an extreme masochist who derives sexual pleasure from
having a woman squat over him while she uriniates or defecates
on his face."

Quoted from

"A Psychological Analysis of Adolph Hitler"

Walter C. Langer, Harvard

With the collaboration of
Prof. Henry A. Murr, Harvard Psychological Clinic
Dr. Ernst Kris, New School for Social Research
Dr. Bertram D. Lawin, New York Psychoanalytic Institute

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/oss-papers/text/oss-profile-04-06.html

Some believe that he [Hitler] is entirely immune from such impulses.
Some believe that he is a chronic masturbator. Some believe that
he derives his sexual pleasure [Page 138] through voyeurism. Many
believe that he is completely impotent. Others, and these are perhaps
in the majority, that he is homosexual. It is probably true that he is
impotent but he is certainiy not homosexual in the ordinary sense of
the term. His perversion has quite a different nature which few have
guessed. He is an extreme masochist who derives sexual pleasure from
having a woman squat over him while she uriniates or defecates on his
face. (Strasser, 919; see also 931, 932)*

[*Note: There may be some people who would question the reliability of
any information given by Otto Strasser because of his reputation. It
is perhaps because of his reputation that he came by this information
which had been so carefully guarded. He also supplied the interviewer
with a great deal of other information concerning Hitler which
checked very closely with that of other informants. As far as this
study is concerned we have no reason to question his sincerity.]

Although this perversion is not a common one, it is not unknown in
clinical work, particularly in its incipient stages. The four
collaborators on this study, in addition to Dr. De Saussure who
learned of the perversion from other sources, have all had experience
with cases of this type. All five agree that their information as
given is probably true in view of their clinical experience and their
knowledge of Hitler's character. In the following section further
evidence of its validition will be cited. At the present moment it is
sufficient to recognize the influence that this perversion must have
on the conscious mental life of Hitler.
saracene

Bob Robertson
2018-03-09 02:31:28 UTC
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:52:01 -0500, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
I hope the drug addled poop on the brain dies from his own stupidity.
I bet he did poop though they found nothing but stink in it... butt he
was about to die so they ley him go. <cough>
Vidcapper
2018-03-09 07:25:46 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
Then surely slipping him a laxative secretly could be justified on
health grounds... ;)
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
BurfordTJustice

: Paul Hyett, Cheltenham