UK Gives EU the Middle Finger
Byker
2016-06-24 23:53:58 UTC
the fall of Belfast
Hopefully they'll do what my Ulster Scot ancestors did: Cross the pond and
settle down amidst their Scots-Irish brethren.

http://digitalheritage.org/2011/12/the-migration-of-the-scotch-irish-from-ulster-to-western-north-carolina/

http://www.tartanday-wa.org/Immigration1.html

Some of their old world traditions crossed with them:
http://tinyurl.com/ztx6ps9
and are still around today: http://tinyurl.com/juadeaj

Admit it: They'd assimilate a whole lot better than Somalis or Congolese...
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-25 10:09:00 UTC
<http://on.rt.com/7go9>

Putin on Brexit: No one wants to support weak economies

Published time: 24 Jun, 2016

Russian President Vladimir Putin says 'Brexit' is the choice made by the
British nation and is a comprehensible one, as "no one wants to feed weak
economies." Russia has not and does not plan to interfere with the results of
the referendum, he added.

"I think it's comprehensible why this happened: first, no one wants to
feed and subsidize poorer economies, to support other states, support
entire nations," the Russian president said at the Shanghai Cooperation
Organization summit in Tashkent. (OS: <http://u.to/5ScJDw>)

"Apparently the British people are not satisfied with the way problems are
being solved in the security sphere, these problems have become more acute
lately with the migration processes," Putin said, suggesting the second
reason for the British people to have voted 'out.'

The Russian president's comments come in reply to UK Prime Minister David
Cameron's claims that "Putin would be happy if the UK left the EU."

The president says such claims were an ill-posed attempt to influence the
general opinion of the British public.

"But as we see now, even claims like these have not had the effect desired
by those who made them. No one has the right to make claims on Russia's
position, especially after the votes were counted. This is nothing but an
example of a low level of political culture," Putin said. ..

I do not see the British exit as a fait accompli. There will be big efforts to
coerce the British think twice. In any case it would mean the UK will obtain a
special status against Europe regardless of whether it's enshrined as a
membership with the special status or through a set of agreeements between the
the UK and the EU.
So this middle finger is not only to the EU but also to the US.
Of course, not to the US as such, but to the Obama regime and policies,
since the EU largely follows the Atlanticist globalist agenda, and the wars
initiated by them produce refugees that contribute to the immigration etc.
<http://tinyurl.com/zs83uvt> consortiumnews.com
A 'Brexit' Blow to the Establishment
Exclusive: British voters turned a deaf ear to scary warnings about leaving
the E.U. and struck a blow against an out-of-touch, self-interested and
incompetent Western Establishment, a message to the U.S., too, writes Robert
Parry. ..
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-25 10:49:21 UTC
<http://tinyurl.com/hgf4nhn> nationalinterest.org

Brexiters' Rage against the Elites

Globalism is out. Nationalism is in.

Robert W. Merry | June 24, 2016

Repeat after me: The status quo in the West is not working. . . . The status
quo in the West is not working. That's the meaning of the seminal "Brexit"
vote in the United Kingdom on Thursday. It wasn't merely that those who voted
for Britain's exit from the European Union didn't like the status quo. Or that
it wasn't serving their particular interests and needs. It was that the status
quo is broken. Old structures are crumbling. The West is in a crisis of the
old order.

And those pleading with UK voters to cast their ballots for the status quo had
essentially placed themselves on the side of dysfunction, of chaos, of
menacing threats to the very essence of the West. Uncontrolled immigration.
Economic stagnation. A loss of national identity. These constitute the legacy
of Europe's seventy-year march toward more and more integration. Add to that
the steady erosion of democratic structures as EU countries ceded more and
more control over the lives of their citizens to nameless and faceless
bureaucrats in Brussels whose constant preoccupation is the stealthy
accumulation of political power - a mission at which they are brilliant. ..

Consider the most fundamental fault line revealed by the Brexit vote-globalism
versus nationalism. Globalism is the ideology of the status quo and of the
elites desperately trying to preserve the status quo. These people have
contempt for borders and for those who want to preserve borders in order to
preserve the national heritage. Nationalism is the cry of ordinary people who
don't hang out at Davos and who wonder why their cultural heritage is under
such attack in their own lands. .. The Brexit vote and the Trump emergence are
part of the same Western phenomenon-a gathering backlash against globalism and
the antinationalist forces that dominate elite institutions such as big news
organizations, universities, think tanks, NGOs and governmental bureaucracies.
..

Read it in full <http://tinyurl.com/hgf4nhn>.
<http://tinyurl.com/zs83uvt>
A 'Brexit' Blow to the Establishment
Byker
2016-06-25 11:39:35 UTC
Hence Donald Trump
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-25 12:00:02 UTC
<http://www.unz.com/akarlin/brexit-and-eu-future/>

Brexit and the EU's Future

ANATOLY KARLIN . JUNE 13, 2016 (OS: A pre-Brexit writing.)

.. The only places where the EU remains unambigiously favorable is amongst
its newer eastern members, their contrarian yapping in opposition to mass
immigration regardless (which is ultimately for show, since to be quite
frank no refugee is going to be staying in Bucharest when he can move on to
Budapest and then Berlin).

The reason for that essentially reduces to money: <http://u.to/5ScJDw>.

Basically, the Eastern Europeans get huge amounts of gibs from the West
Europeans, especially the Germans and Scandis. Poland alone got E57bn in
2010-2014. .. Those much vaunted economies ("Polish economic miracle,"
"Baltic tigers," etc) would look much different without the huge capital
transfers implicit in EU structural funds. ..

The exit of the UK alone would remove 10% of total EU contributions and 15%
of net contributions (based on 2007-2013 figures). This would increase the
funding strain on the other rich members. If more of the core countries
then started to withdraw, it would conceivably lead a cascading collapse in
which the last man out has to pay the utilities bills. ..

The reason why the 'newer eastern members' (more correctly: most of their
ruling class) are favorable towards the EU also includes their 'pride' to
belong to 'the club'. 'Eastern' political culture is different, and it will
remain so, but the very fact of the membership is an attribute of prestige
for them. Regardless of quite modest economic success etc.

The money-related issues may be more tricky. Take eg. the fact that the E.
Europeans have sold many of their industries to private Western owners by a
low price. A lot of their people have migrated to the west, and they form a
cheaper labor force. It gives more profits for the private business owners.
At the same time, the east-European countries receive large subsidies from
'budgets' (not only the EU's as shown above, also from other funds under
Atlanticist control), otherwise it'd be difficult to keep there governments
servile to the EU/US policies. I suspect this is one of the mechanisms that
make the rich Westerners richer whereas the poor Westerners become poorer.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/hgf4nhn>
Brexiters' Rage against the Elites
Siri Cruise
2016-06-25 13:03:16 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
"Baltic tigers," etc) would look much different without the huge capital
transfers implicit in EU structural funds. ..
Ah, yes. Russian jealousy. You know if you stopped annointing dictators like
Putin and stopped allowing endemic corruption, you too could get greedy
capitalists investing instead of Putin's favourred kleptocrats.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
If you assume the final scene is a dying delusion as Tom Cruise drowns below
the Louvre, then Edge of Tomorrow has a happy ending. Kill Tom repeat..
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-25 13:10:38 UTC
Siri Cruise,
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Oleg Smirnov
"Baltic tigers," etc) would look much different without
the huge capital transfers implicit in EU structural
funds. ..
Ah, yes. Russian jealousy. You know if you stopped
annointing dictators like Putin and stopped allowing
endemic corruption, you too could get greedy capitalists
investing instead of Putin's favourred kleptocrats.
Take a pill, Siri, and calm dowm.

Your reflexion is utterly primitive and irrelevant.
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-27 08:59:28 UTC
<http://tinyurl.com/zrajesv> therealnews.com

How Western Military Interventions Shaped the Brexit Vote

MICHAEL HUDSON, GREGORY WILPERT | JUNE 24, 2016

.. WILPERT: So let's begin with the political context in which the Brexit vote
took place. Aside from the right-wing arguments about immigrants, economic
concerns, and about Britain's ability to control its own economy, what would
you say-what do you see as being the main kind of political background in
which this vote took place?

HUDSON: Well, almost all the Europeans know where the immigrants are coming
from. And the ones that they're talking about are from the Near East. And
they're
aware of the fact that most of the immigrants are coming as a result of the
NATO policies promoted by Hillary and by the Obama administration.

The problem began in Libya. Once Hillary pushed Obama to destroy Libya and
wipe out the stable government there, she wiped out the arms-and Libya was a
very heavily armed country. She turned over the arms to ISIS, to Al-Nusra, and
Al-Qaeda. And Al-Qaeda used these arms under U.S. organization to attack Syria
and Iraq. Now, the Syrian population, the Iraqi population, have no choice but
to either emigrate or get killed.

So when people talk about the immigration to Europe, the Europeans, the
French, the Dutch, the English, they're all aware of the fact that this is the
fact that Brussels is really NATO, and NATO is really run by Washington, and
that it's America's new Cold War against Russia that's been spurring all of
this demographic dislocation that's spreading into England, spreading into
Europe, and is destabilizing things.

So what you're seeing with the Brexit is the result of the Obama
administration's pro-war, new Cold War policy.

WILPERT: So are you saying that people voted for Brexit because they are
really - that they were concerned about the influence of the U.S.? Or are you
saying that it's because of the backlash, because of the immigration that
happened, and the fact that the right wing took advantage of that [crosstalk].

HUDSON: It's a combination. The right wing was, indeed, pushing the immigrant
issue, saying wait a minute, they're threatening our jobs. But the left wing
was just as vocal, and the left wing was saying, why are these immigrants
coming here? They're coming here because of Europe's support of NATO, and
NATO's
war that's bombing the Near East, that is destabilizing the whole Near East,
and causing a flight of refugees not only from Syria but also from Ukraine. In
England, many of the so-called Polish plumbers that came years ago have now
gone back to Poland, because that country's recovered.

But now the worry is that a whole new wave of Ukrainians - and basically the
U.S. policy is one of destabilization - so even the right-wing, while they
have talked about immigrants, they have also denounced the [inaud.] fact that
the European policy is run by the United States, and that you have both Marine
Le Pen in France saying, we want to withdraw from NATO; we don't want
confrontation with Russia. You have the left wing in England saying, we don't
want confrontation with Russia. And last week when I was in Germany you had
the Social Democratic Party leaders saying that Russia should be invited back
into the G8, that NATO was taking a warlike position and was hurting the
European economy by breaking its ties with Russia and by forcing other
sanctions against Russia.

So you have a convergence between the left and the right, and the question is,
who is going to determine the terms on which Europe is broken up and put back
together? Will it simply be the right wing that's anti-immigrants? Or will it
simply be the left saying we want to restructure the economy in a way that
essentially avoids the austerity that is coming from Brussels, on the one
hand, and from the British Conservative Party on the other.

And again, you have Geert Wilders, the leader of the Dutch nationalists,
saying, we want Holland to have its own central bank. We want to be in charge
of our own money. And under Brussels, we cannot be in charge of our own money.
That means we cannot run a budget deficit and spend money into the economy,
and recover with a Keynesian-type policy.

So the whole withdrawal from Europe means withdrawing from austerity. If you
look at the voting pattern in London, in England, you had London to stay in.
You had the university centers, Oxford and Cambridge, voting to stay in. You
had the working class, the old industrial areas of the north and the south.
You had the middle class and the industrial class saying, we're getting a
really bad deal from Europe. We want to oppose austerity. And we don't want
Brussels to give us not only the anti-labor, pro-bank policies, but also the
trade policy that Brussels was trying to push onto Europe, the Obama trade
agreement that essentially would take national economic policy out of the
hands of government and put it into the hands of corporate bureaucracy,
corporation courts. And the bureaucracy in Brussels, then, is largely
pro-bank, pro-corporate, and anti-labor. ..

Read it in full <http://tinyurl.com/zrajesv>
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-28 17:57:40 UTC
<http://tinyurl.com/zrpqytl> foxnews.com

Brexit Leader: 'Putin Behaved Like More of a Statesman Than Obama'

Jun 27, 2016

The politician who spearheaded the Brexit joined Your World to talk about UK's
independence movement and the fallout from the vote.

Nigel Farage said that the referendum for the UK to leave the European Union
wasn't decided by economic arguments.

"It was decided by a basic argument of sovereignty," he said. "Should we make
our own laws in our own country, and crucially, should we control our own
borders?"

He said that the UK's population was rising by half a million people every
year just because of the EU's open border policy.

"People said, 'Enough. We want to govern our own country. We want to make our
own laws. We want our own Supreme Court do be supreme and we want to control
our borders.' And that now is what must happen."

Farage called for "a Europe of sovereign nation-states being friends together,
not a false political union."

The Ukip leader also said that Russian President Vladimir Putin "behaved in a
more statesmanlike manner" than President Obama did.

"Obama came to Britain, and I think behaved disgracefully, telling us we would
be at the back of the queue... Treating us, America's strongest, oldest ally,
in this extraordinary way. Vladimir Putin maintained his silence throughout
the whole campaign."

Watch the full interview <http://tinyurl.com/hom8o7d>

<http://tinyurl.com/hn5l3jr> www.mid.ru

24 June 2016 / Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's answers to media questions ..

Question: How would you comment on the results of the Brexit referendum?

Sergey Lavrov: It's the British people's business.

Question: Who do you think won and who lost? There are a lot of debates on
this issue.

Sergey Lavrov: I don't know. You have the arithmetic of the referendum
results, which shows the will of the British people. Decide for yourself.

Question: The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office said it was a victory
for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Sergey Lavrov: I never studied medicine. Therefore, medical cases are beyond
my purview.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/zrajesv>
How Western Military Interventions Shaped the Brexit Vote
Siri Cruise
2016-06-28 22:42:13 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Brexit Leader: 'Putin Behaved Like More of a Statesman Than Obama'
Jun 27, 2016
The politician who spearheaded the Brexit joined Your World to talk about UK's
independence movement and the fallout from the vote.
Nigel Farage said that the referendum for the UK to leave the European Union
wasn't decided by economic arguments.
Oh, my. You want to quote Farage and UKIP as your inspiration.

That's that shark well and truly jumped.
Oleg Smirnov
You can not know what I want.
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-29 11:17:36 UTC
<http://tinyurl.com/jl55pdr> counterpunch.org

A Blow for Peace and Democracy: Why the British Said No to Europe

JOHN PILGER | JUNE 24, 2016

The majority vote by Britons to leave the European Union was an act of raw
democracy. Millions of ordinary people refused to be bullied, intimidated and
dismissed with open contempt by their presumed betters in the major parties,
the leaders of the business and banking oligarchy and the media. ..

Immigration was exploited in the campaign with consummate cynicism, not only
by populist politicians from the lunar right, but by Labour politicians
drawing on their own venerable tradition of promoting and nurturing racism, a
symptom of corruption not at the bottom but at the top. The reason millions of
refugees have fled the Middle East - first Iraq, now Syria - are the invasions
and imperial mayhem of Britain, the United States, France, the European Union
and Nato. Before that, there was the wilful destruction of Yugoslavia (OS: Now
a lot of the Kosovars crave to emigrate out of Kosovo.). Before that, there
was the theft of Palestine and the imposition of Israel. ..

The most effective propagandists of the "European ideal" have not been the far
right, but an insufferably patrician class for whom metropolitan London is the
United Kingdom. Its leading members see themselves as liberal, enlightened,
cultivated tribunes of the 21st century zeitgeist, even "cool". What they
really are is a bourgeoisie with insatiable consumerist tastes and ancient
instincts of their own superiority. In their house paper, the Guardian, they
have gloated, day after day, at those who would even consider the EU
profoundly undemocratic, a source of social injustice and a virulent extremism
known as "neoliberalism".

The aim of this extremism is to install a permanent, capitalist theocracy that
ensures a two-thirds society, with the majority divided and indebted, managed
by a corporate class, and a permanent working poor. In Britain today, 63 per
cent of poor children grow up in families where one member is working. For
them, the trap has closed. More than 600,000 residents of Britain's second
city, Greater Manchester, are, reports a study, "experiencing the effects of
extreme poverty" and 1.6 million are slipping into penury.

Little of this social catastrophe is acknowledged in the bourgeois controlled
media, notably the Oxbridge dominated BBC. During the referendum campaign,
almost no insightful analysis was allowed to intrude upon the clichéd hysteria
about "leaving Europe", as if Britain was about to be towed in hostile
currents somewhere north of Iceland. ..

.. in Greece, a country now airbrushed. There, they had a referendum and the
result was ignored. Like the Labour Party in Britain, the leaders of the
Syriza government in Athens are the products of an affluent, highly
privileged, educated middle class, groomed in the fakery and political
treachery of post-modernism. The Greek people courageously used the referendum
to demand their government sought "better terms" with a venal status quo in
Brussels that was crushing the life out of their country. They were betrayed,
as the British would have been betrayed. ..

I tend to believe there's a bit of mystery and a kind of perversion about what
the modern left actually is <http://archive.is/Z5daL>. It seems no coincidence
that The Guardian branded as 'leftist', is, among other major British outlets,
the most toxic and malicious participator of the anti-Russia smear campaign in
the Atlanticist world. A sane person may see the 'enlightened progressivism'
Guardian-style is actually not so enlightened, and there's a distinct dogmatic
and fundamentalist odor about what they're promoting.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/hgf4nhn>
Brexiters' Rage against the Elites
Piss on Putin
2016-06-29 14:58:24 UTC
Russkie WW3 provocation:

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-fighter-conducts-dangerous-intercept-of-u-s-recon-jet/

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/america-responds-to-russian-provocation-in-baltic-sea-with-subdued-carefully-worded-statement/news-story/5a179d3685e87428767d4916b9162ecf

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/15/kerry-says-us-navy-destroyer-couldve-shot-down-russian-warplanes.html

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/politics/us-russian-bombers-july-4-intercept/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/world/us-russia-bombers-intentions/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/full-list-of-incidents-involving-russian-military-and-nato-since-march-2014-9851309.html

Russian military strategy causing dangerous encounters
Russian-su27.jpg

The Russian su-27 fighter jet photographed next to a Swedish
intelligence plane.

A full list of 39 incidents since March 2014

As classified by the European Leadership Network

High Risk Incidents

On 3 March 2014 a close encounter occurred between a SAS passenger plane
taking off from Copenhagen and a Russian reconnaissance aircraft which
did not transmit its position 50 miles south east of Malmo. A collision
was apparently avoided thanks only to good visibility and the alertness
of the passenger plane pilots. The SAS 737 plane was carrying 132
passengers to Rome.
On 5 September 2014 an Estonian security service operative, Eston
Kohver, was abducted by Russian agents from an Estonian border post, on
Estonian, and therefore NATO, territory. He was later taken to Moscow
and accused of espionage. The incident itself involved communications
jamming and the use of smoke grenades, and took place immediately after
President Obama’s visit to the region and his repetition of security
assurances to the Baltic States.
Between 17-27 October, 2014 a major submarine hunt by Swedish
authorities was prompted by credible intelligence reports of
“underwater activity” in the Stockholm archipelago in Swedish
territorial waters. Supreme Commander General Sverker Göranson
underlined that Sweden was ready to use “armed force” to bring the
vessel to the surface if necessary. Russia issued denials and attempted
to ridicule Swedish concerns. The major search operation stopped on Oct. 24.
Serious Incidents with Escalation Risk

On 12 April 2014 an unarmed Russian fighter aircraft made 12 passes of
the American warship the USS Cook in the Black Sea. Such aggressive
behaviour, if repeated by an armed aircraft, could have resulted in the
ship commander targeting the aircraft in an act of self-defence.
On April 23 2014 an armed Russian fighter undertook very threatening
manoeuvres in the vicinity of an American reconnaissance aircraft in the
Sea of Okhotsk. These manoeuvres involved demonstrating that the fighter
was armed. Such behaviour is far removed from what would be expected in
a relatively routine encounter.
In June 2014 armed Russian aircraft approached the heavily populated
Danish island of Bornholm before breaking off in what appears to have
been a simulated attack. The Danish intelligence service described the
incident as “of a more offensive character than observed in recent
years.”
On 16 July 2014 an armed Russian aircraft intercepted a Swedish
surveillance plane conducting operations between Gotland and Latvia in
international airspace, and flew within 10 metres of the plane. This
indicated a far more aggressive approach to intercepting aircraft than
in previous encounters.
On 18 July 2014 an American surveillance plane conducting operations
near Kaliningrad was chased into Swedish air-space after being
approached by Russian fighters. This evasive action took place without
Sweden’s prior approval that the US aircraft could enter Swedish airspace.
In early September, 2014 Russian strategic bombers in the Labrador Sea
near Canada practiced cruise missile strikes on the United States. The
Russian aircraft stayed outside of Canada’s ADIZ but this was still a
provocative move in light of the NATO summit ongoing at the time. Cruise
missiles launched from the Labrador Sea would have Ottawa, New York,
Washington, Chicago, and the Norfolk Naval Base in range.
On 7 September 2014 HMCS Toronto (a frigate) was buzzed by a Russian
aircraft in the Black Sea, with the plane coming within 300 metres of
the warship. HMCS Toronto locked its radar on the Russian plane but took
no further action as the aircraft was not armed. This incident coincided
with larger Russian naval combat training activities near Sevastopol.
Such aggressive behaviour, if repeated by an armed aircraft, could have
resulted in the ship commander targeting the aircraft in an act of
self-defence.
On 17 September 2014 two Russian military aircraft crossed into Swedish
air-space south of the island of Oland. The Russian Su-24 bombers
intentionally violated Swedish airspace possibly to test the
capabilities of the air defence system strengthened after previous
incidents. The Swedish Foreign Minister described the incident as the
‘most serious aerial incursion’ in years.
On 19 September 2014 Russian officers detained a Lithuanian shipping
vessel in international waters in the Barents Sea, subsequently towing
it to Murmansk. This represented a clear escalation in Russian attempts
at the provocation and intimidation of the Baltic States.
On 3 October 2014 a Russian fighter flew “within metres” of Swedish
surveillance aircraft in the Baltic in an incident deemed “unusually
provocative”. A collision between the aircraft would have had serious
repercussions for bilateral relations and increased military tensions
across the entire Baltic area.
From 28-30 October 2014, Russia conducted a major air exercise in the
North Sea, Atlantic, Black Sea and Baltic Sea. In a series of
developments, aircraft from NATO states and partners tracked Russian
long-range bombers conducting missions across this entire area,
including a large formation of Russian fighters and bombers conducting
missions over the Baltic Sea. All missions were conducted in
international airspace but their scale and use of different kinds of
aircraft and different zones of operation has added significantly to
increased tensions between NATO and Russia.
Near Routine Incidents

On 10 April 2014 two Russian Navy vessels involved in live missile
firing exercises entered Lithuania’s Baltic maritime economic zone,
causing serious disruption to shipping.
On 20 April 2014 a Russian recon aircraft observed Swedish military
installations. Unclear if there was a Swedish response.
On 23 April 2014 a Russian aircraft entered Dutch airspace before being
intercepted by Dutch fighter aircraft.
On 24 April 2014 RAF fighters intercepted and shadowed Russian aircraft
in international airspace over the North Sea.
On 28 April 2014, fighters with the Nato Baltic Air Policing force
scrambled to intercept Russian aircraft in international airspace.
On 9 May 2014 Russian aircraft approached to within 50 miles of the
Californian coast, the closest such Russian military flight since the
Cold War.
On 18 May 2014 RAF fighters intercepted a Russian helicopter and
shadowed it back to its parent corvette in the Baltic Sea; the fighters
later performed several passes of the Russian warship.
In late May, early June 2014 Russian aircraft carried out several
incursions into the US and Canadian Air Defence Identification Zones in
the Arctic.
On 12 June 2014, Nato fighters intercepted Russian aircraft in
international airspace near Latvia.
On 17 June 2014, RAF fighters intercepted a Russian air formation in
international airspace.
On 19 June 2014; HMS Montrose, a British frigate, was sent to
investigate a Russian corvette in international waters near Denmark’s
Baltic coast. HMS Montrose was subsequently circled by Russian maritime
patrol aircraft.
From 21 May to 13 August 2014, a series of short airspace violations by
Russian aircraft were reported over the Estonian island of Vaindloo.
On 1 August, Polish fighters of the Nato Baltic air-policing mission
intercepted Russian aircraft flying near Estonia airspace.
In early August 2014 several Russian air incursions were reported into
the Alaskan Air Defence Identification Zone.
On 7 August 2014 anti-submarine forces of Russia’s Northern Fleet
reportedly expelled an American submarine from the Barents Sea. The US
denied its submarines were operating in the area.
On 28 August 2014, there was an air incident involving an unknown Nato
country and Russia. No details beyond aircraft type except that incident
took place over the Baltic.
In August/September 2014, Russian naval and air units interfered with
the operations of a Finnish research vessel on two separate occasions.
In late August, 2014, multiple breaches of Finnish air-space by Russian
state aircraft were reported. In response, Finland has already indicated
that it will react more firmly to violations of its airspace in future.
On 11 September 2014, Canadian jets intercepted Russian aircraft in
international airspace.
Between the 17 and 18 September 2014, Russian jets entered the ADIZ off
the coast of Alaska (officials say such incidents happen around 10 times
a year) on two separate occasions, once on the evening of Wednesday 17th
Sep (USA ADIZ) and once on the morning of Thursday 18th Sep (Canadian
ADIZ, Beaufort Sea). The Russian planes were intercepted by American and
Canadian fighters. These incidents coincide with Ukrainian President
Petro Poroshenko’s visits to Ottawa and Washington.
On 19 September 2014, RAF jets shadowed Russian aircraft in
international airspace above the north sea.
On 29 September 2014, Latvian forces observed a Russian warship
operating 14 miles from Latvian territorial waters; article observes
that Russian jets and warships have been detected 173 times near
Latvia’s borders as of September.
On 20 October 2014, planes from the Baltic Air Policing mission
intercepted Russian surveillance Il-20 aircraft in international airspace
On 21 October 2014 Baltic Air Policing planes (Portuguese F-16s)
intercepted Russian Il-20 surveillance aircraft which entered Estonian
airspace next to the island of Saarema for about a minute.
On 31 October 2014, RAF Typhoons intercepted Russian aircraft
approaching UK airspace.
Oleg Smirnov
2016-06-30 15:21:11 UTC
<http://archive.is/hClM6> foreignpolicy.com

It's Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses

The Brexit has laid bare the political schism of our time. It's not about the
left vs. the right; it's about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry.

JAMES TRAUB | JUNE 28, 2016

.. Mainstream parties of the left and right may increasingly combine forces to
keep out the nationalists. ..

This guy is one of those folks that endorsed the violent anti-constitutional
coup d'etat in the Ukraine driven by the ultra-nationalist mob and implemented
by militant neo-Nazi groups.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/jl55pdr>
A Blow for Peace and Democracy: Why the British Said No to Europe
The Doctor
2016-06-25 15:22:21 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
[...]
So Russia wants to join the EU.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Language is the source of misunderstandings. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery