Petition for Referendum on the final Brexit deal UPDATE 10/2017
i***@iniref.org
2017-10-11 14:48:39 UTC
*Petition UK Parliament: Referendum on the final Brexit deal UPDATE 10/2017*

Hold a referendum on the final Brexit deal https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200004

The case for a second "brexit" referendum grows stronger as the "Article 50" clock ticks by. From the outset, and similarly for the first Scottish independence referendum 2014, we at iniref.org have argued for a two stage decision making process about UK and EU:
1. ballot to instruct government to negotiate exit,
2. ballot to decide if "the deal" worked out is acceptable to us, the electorate.

Narrowly in June 2016 the UK electorate voted to leave the EU without being able to know what the negotiated conditions for leaving would be. Since then, partly because of the referendum result, conditions of life in the UK have changed. And many, many people have been able to appraise the first brexit decision in the light of reliable and more detailed information about the many and complex effects of leaving the European Union.

Now in October 2017 we would be very wise to plan holding a second ballot of all the people to decide:

Accept the terms (if any) which government may have agreed with the EU?

Remain in the EU and reject the terms?

Leave the EU with NO agreement on terms?

Please help the campaign for a second brexit referendum.

One way to help: simply sign this petition:
"Hold a referendum on the final Brexit deal"

To sign this petition go to https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200004
IGNORE THE GOVERNMENTS' REFUSAL TO GRANT OUR DEMOCRATIC DEMAND!

More than 100K have signed. Let's push it to a million and beyond!

Comment by INIREF:

Government Department for Exiting the EU, with David Davis MP in charge, replied to the petition.

After 100,000 people had signed, the government replied to reject the demand for a referendum on the terms for leaving (gov. reply posted at petition website). They give no good reasons. They repeat and repeat that the people decided to leave, as though they (gov) had been given a free hand – executive power – to arrange our relationship with the EU however they like. These politicians do not respect democracy. In a mature democracy the people can select and decide in a referendum on any public ISSUE, as well as delegating, by election, some years of political power to a few politicians. Democracy should mean that we the people can change or modify any decision which we have made.

Campaign for direct democracy in Britain
Citizens' Initiative and Referendum I&R ~ GB
http://www.iniref.org/ Link to site index
Contact: ***@iniref.org
Vidcapper
2017-10-12 06:37:28 UTC
Post by i***@iniref.org
*Petition UK Parliament: Referendum on the final Brexit deal UPDATE 10/2017*
Hold a referendum on the final Brexit deal
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200004
The case for a second "brexit" referendum grows stronger as the
"Article 50" clock ticks by.
No, the *demand* from sour-grapes Remainers gets louder - the case for
one does *not*!
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
m***@btopenworld.com
2017-10-12 07:41:07 UTC
Post by i***@iniref.org
*Petition UK Parliament: Referendum on the final Brexit deal UPDATE 10/2017*
Hold a referendum on the final Brexit deal https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200004
1. ballot to instruct government to negotiate exit,
2. ballot to decide if "the deal" worked out is acceptable to us, the electorate.
Oh go away you bloody nutter. We don't want a weekly referendum.

We are not going to have any agreement and so will have to manage without one!

The world is not about to stop turning.

Get yourself a hobby that doesn't involve disturbing us.