US investment management firm opens new EMEA office. Where? ... London
Add Reply
James Harris
2017-09-13 13:46:28 UTC
Why is this US-based company with management of approximately US$110
billion in assets investing in London?
* Geography
* Time zone
* Established position
* Talent pool

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170913005235/en/Eagle-Investment-Management-Opens-London-Office

Despite Brexit
James Harris
A. Filip
2017-09-13 14:04:43 UTC
Post by James Harris
Why is this US-based company with management of approximately US$110
billion in assets investing in London?
* Geography
* Time zone
* Established position
* Talent pool
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170913005235/en/Eagle-Investment-Management-Opens-London-Office
Despite Brexit
One firm is sufficient to defy Brexit consequences! ;-)

One firm alone proves "mixed picture (or better)" instead of "instant
doom and full gloom". It will be trivial (e.g. for EU) to make one big
firm (or more) announce removal from London => Don't overplay it.

I am sure UK will face a few nervous moments before Brexit is _formally_
completed. Let's be ready. Let's avoid "roller coaster" moods.
--
A. Filip
James Harris
2017-09-13 14:58:42 UTC
Post by A. Filip
Post by James Harris
Why is this US-based company with management of approximately US$110
billion in assets investing in London?
* Geography
* Time zone
* Established position
* Talent pool
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170913005235/en/Eagle-Investment-Management-Opens-London-Office
Despite Brexit
One firm is sufficient to defy Brexit consequences! ;-)
:-) Not at all. The key part wasn't the company or the size of it's
investment but the reasons they invested in London rather than Frankfurt
or Paris or somewhere else in EMEA.
Post by A. Filip
One firm alone proves "mixed picture (or better)" instead of "instant
doom and full gloom". It will be trivial (e.g. for EU) to make one big
firm (or more) announce removal from London => Don't overplay it.
I am sure UK will face a few nervous moments before Brexit is _formally_
completed. Let's be ready. Let's avoid "roller coaster" moods.
We'll have another recession at some point. If it comes before we leave
or in the five years after it will still be blamed on Brexit by some.
James Harris
Ophelia
2017-09-13 16:40:50 UTC
Post by A. Filip
One firm alone proves "mixed picture (or better)" instead of "instant
doom and full gloom". It will be trivial (e.g. for EU) to make one big
firm (or more) announce removal from London => Don't overplay it.
I am sure UK will face a few nervous moments before Brexit is _formally_
completed. Let's be ready. Let's avoid "roller coaster" moods.
We'll have another recession at some point. If it comes before we leave
or in the five years after it will still be blamed on Brexit by some.

James Harris

==

It is all they have. They are so desperate to hate Brexit, they will never
accept 'the will of the people' and will do all they can to condemn it.
Every little thing that goes wrong will be down to Brexit.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Ophelia
2017-09-13 16:12:46 UTC
"James Harris" wrote in message news:opbcro$u8u$***@dont-email.me...

Why is this US-based company with management of approximately US$110
billion in assets investing in London?
* Geography
* Time zone
* Established position