Who was at this concert? MOTHERS OF INVENTION October 1968
gramps
2017-10-11 18:42:37 UTC
At the Royal Festival Hall in London.

Later I was surprised to learn that the future Conservative prime minister of Canada, Joe Clark, was in the audience with me!
gramps
2017-10-12 13:53:47 UTC
Post by gramps
At the Royal Festival Hall in London.
Later I was surprised to learn that the future Conservative prime minister of Canada, Joe Clark, was in the audience with me!
It taught me once again the old lesson:
The toffs can troll securely about among radicals and workers and hippies, because nothing threatens them. But the more puritan Methodist left are made VERY nervous by people such as the MOTHERS OF INVENTION.

Harold Wilson refused to shake hands with Screaming Lord Sutch at the 1964 Huyton election.
Harold MacMillan would've embraced Sutch with a happy smile!