Wonderful Brits expect Tories to get a bad deal but still want to leave the EU
Add Reply
James Harris
2017-12-06 13:42:02 UTC
At times when I fear that Britain has lost the resilient sprit it once
had stories like this are a reminder that Brits have enough backbone to
face a period of hardship for a good long-term outcome. And the last
paragraph below should be sobering for Brexit wreckers.

British voters increasingly think Brexit is being mishandled. But that
doesn’t mean they’re turning their backs on the idea of abandoning the
European Union -- just on Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservative
government.

The survey found little change in people’s attitude to Brexit itself.
According to John Curtice, professor of politics at Strathclyde
University, who led the research, this suggests that rather than
regretting their vote, Leave supporters are coming to see it as a good
idea badly implemented,

“There’s a section of the pro-Remain group who think that as people see
the Brexit process unravel, they will come to the conclusion that it was
a daft idea,” Curtice said. “Instead, they seem to blame the politicians
for failing to deliver, as they see it.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-06/most-brits-still-want-brexit-but-expect-it-all-to-end-badly
James Harris
Phi
2017-12-06 17:20:34 UTC
[...]
In 1975 we voted to be in a Common Market, not become a federal state of
Europe.......Enoch warned us enough times.
James Hammerton
2017-12-06 18:48:43 UTC
Post by James Harris
[...]
If the Tories do fail to deliver it properly, will that mean voters will
kick them out?

Regards,

James
--
James Hammerton
http://jhammerton.wordpress.com
http://www.magnacartaplus.com/
James Harris
2017-12-06 20:06:37 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
Post by James Harris
[...]
There are too many variables in play to predict but I do think they are
in danger of trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one.
James Harris
m***@btopenworld.com
2017-12-06 18:53:10 UTC
Post by James Harris
British voters increasingly think Brexit is being mishandled. But that
doesn’t mean they’re turning their backs on the idea of abandoning the
European Union -- just on Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservative
government.
The survey found little change in people’s attitude to Brexit itself.
According to John Curtice, professor of politics at Strathclyde
University, who led the research, this suggests that rather than
regretting their vote, Leave supporters are coming to see it as a good
idea badly implemented,
“There’s a section of the pro-Remain group who think that as people see
the Brexit process unravel, they will come to the conclusion that it was
a daft idea,” Curtice said. “Instead, they seem to blame the politicians
for failing to deliver, as they see it.”
It's difficult to see how we can do any worse than we did under the system we have chosen to leave.

We pay other people's dues.

We buy more than we sell.

We have no influence within the organisation whatsoever.

We suffer a democratic deficit.

Is there any reason why we should stay any longer?

44 years on and we have made no headway at all.