UKIP/Farage surging ahead in South Thanet
Mark Devon
2015-04-24 08:53:12 UTC
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11559932/Nigel-Farage-excited-as-survey-gives-him-South-Thanet-lead.html

With ex Tory voters sickened by Cameron's utterly hopeless tactics and policies, it's no wonder they are turning to UKIP. Cameron has failed on the subjects that most matter to UKIP supporters ; immigration, the EU, and the battle against ISIS.
Joe
2015-04-24 18:39:42 UTC
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 01:53:12 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Mark Devon
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11559932/Nigel-Farage-excited-as-survey-gives-him-South-Thanet-lead.html
With ex Tory voters sickened by Cameron's utterly hopeless tactics
and policies, it's no wonder they are turning to UKIP. Cameron has
failed on the subjects that most matter to UKIP supporters ;
immigration, the EU, and the battle against ISIS.
That was close to being a sensible post. Congratulations.
Joe
Mark, Devon
Thanks. I think ex Tories, in voting for UKIP, will give Cameron and Osborne fair 'reward' for their deceptions and plain lies on immigration and the EU.
Joe
2015-04-24 19:12:50 UTC
Post by Mark Devon
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11559932/Nigel-Farage-excited-as-survey-gives-him-South-Thanet-lead.html
With ex Tory voters sickened by Cameron's utterly hopeless tactics
and policies, it's no wonder they are turning to UKIP. Cameron has
failed on the subjects that most matter to UKIP supporters ;
immigration, the EU, and the battle against ISIS.
That was close to being a sensible post. Congratulations.
--
Joe
Thanks. I think ex Tories, in voting for UKIP, will give Cameron and
Osborne fair 'reward' for their deceptions and plain lies on
immigration and the EU.
I wouldn't argue with that. I used to vote Conservative, in the days
when their policies seemed broadly sensible, but haven't done so for
many years, and I can't see them ever changing to the point where I
might return. I think the only Conservative supporter you'll find
around here is Abelard, and of course he doesn't live here.
Joe
Mark, Devon
Yes....you'll possibly find that Abbie is called an 'ex-pat' now, rather than an 'immigrant'. And I believe Rowing's judgement may encourage him to favour Cameron/Osborne/Miller too.
JNugent
Devon is supporting MilliBalls, Broon and Janner.
Maria
2015-04-24 21:57:06 UTC
Blimey.
Aramis Gunton
2015-04-27 18:11:32 UTC
Post by Maria
Post by Mark Devon
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11559932/Nigel-Farage-excited-as-survey-gives-him-South-Thanet-lead.html
With ex Tory voters sickened by Cameron's utterly hopeless tactics and policies, it's no wonder they are turning to UKIP. Cameron has failed on the subjects that most matter to UKIP supporters ; immigration, the EU, and the battle against ISIS.
Blimey.
I am starting to think that in essence UKIP will 'win' if Farage is
elected to the HoC.

Once in the clubhouse one can only imagine the ends to which
'parliamentary privilege' may be utilised.

Prime Minister's 'question time' may also take on an entirely different
persona.

Interesting times..... may call for exceptional actions...
Basil Jet
2015-04-27 18:23:34 UTC
Post by Aramis Gunton
I am starting to think that in essence UKIP will 'win' if Farage is
elected to the HoC.
Once in the clubhouse one can only imagine the ends to which
'parliamentary privilege' may be utilised.
Prime Minister's 'question time' may also take on an entirely different
persona.
Interesting times..... may call for exceptional actions...
Except that there have been two Ukip MPs for the last six months, both
of whom would have been somewhat willing to wreak whatever havoc Farage
had requested of them, but nothing has been obviously forthcoming.
Aramis Gunton
2015-04-27 18:34:05 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Aramis Gunton
I am starting to think that in essence UKIP will 'win' if Farage is
elected to the HoC.
Once in the clubhouse one can only imagine the ends to which
'parliamentary privilege' may be utilised.
Prime Minister's 'question time' may also take on an entirely different
persona.
Interesting times..... may call for exceptional actions...
Except that there have been two Ukip MPs for the last six months, both
of whom would have been somewhat willing to wreak whatever havoc Farage
had requested of them, but nothing has been obviously forthcoming.
Keeping one's powder dry perhaps?

Plus maybe both are somewhat compromised by their own recent history,
vis-à-vis attachment to the target party.

Farage would arrive unsullied so to speak...

Time will tell.
Vidcapper
2015-04-28 06:48:29 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Aramis Gunton
I am starting to think that in essence UKIP will 'win' if Farage is
elected to the HoC.
Once in the clubhouse one can only imagine the ends to which
'parliamentary privilege' may be utilised.
Prime Minister's 'question time' may also take on an entirely different
persona.
Interesting times..... may call for exceptional actions...
Except that there have been two Ukip MPs for the last six months, both
of whom would have been somewhat willing to wreak whatever havoc Farage
had requested of them, but nothing has been obviously forthcoming.
But full credibility will only come when they win seats in a full
general election.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Vidcapper
2015-04-28 06:40:50 UTC
Post by Aramis Gunton
I am starting to think that in essence UKIP will 'win' if Farage is
elected to the HoC.
Once in the clubhouse one can only imagine the ends to which
'parliamentary privilege' may be utilised.
Prime Minister's 'question time' may also take on an entirely different
persona.
At least Farage is a lot more circumspect than the bunch of BNP
infiltrators that the the popular press try to pass off as 'typical UKIP
members'.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Ophelia
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
True Blue
2015-04-28 10:29:06 UTC
Post by Maria
Post by Mark Devon
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11559932/Nigel-Farage-excited-as-survey-gives-him-South-Thanet-lead.html
With ex Tory voters sickened by Cameron's utterly hopeless tactics and policies, it's no wonder they are turning to UKIP. Cameron has failed on the subjects that most matter to UKIP supporters ; immigration, the EU, and the battle against ISIS.
Blimey.
Welcome back.