Brexit - some more-positive noises being made
James Harris
2017-10-20 08:25:45 UTC
I've heard a few comments which are more positive for Brexit recently.
They are only noises but from sources which make them worth thinking about.

For example, Germans have drafted a document saying they want a
comprehensive deal with the UK. And others have indicated they want
similar.

Last night on This Week Andrew Neil said that the mood music has changed
because Merkel and Macron realise that they could lose May as
negotiating partner unless they yield more. That implies not just that
they intend to do a deal but that they want to continue with May rather
than risk going to Corbyn or Johnson or someone else.

Today we read: “From my point of view, there are absolutely no signs
that we can’t succeed,” Merkel said early Friday morning after the first
day of an EU summit in Brussels.

http://www.politico.eu/article/merkel-has-no-doubt-eu-and-uk-can-clinch-brexit-deal/

Also from that: “What I find it hard to understand, when we need a
result by March 2019, is why people are already talking in October 2017
about what might happen at the end of the process,” Merkel said.

... which is curious in all sorts of ways.
James Harris
James Harris
2017-10-20 08:28:14 UTC
On 20/10/2017 09:25, James Harris wrote:

Post by James Harris
http://www.politico.eu/article/merkel-has-no-doubt-eu-and-uk-can-clinch-brexit-deal/
Also from that: “What I find it hard to understand, when we need a
result by March 2019, is why people are already talking in October 2017
about what might happen at the end of the process,” Merkel said.
... which is curious in all sorts of ways.
I'm still puzzling over that comment by Merkel. What do you guys make of
it?
James Harris
abelard
2017-10-20 09:31:01 UTC
On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:28:14 +0100, James Harris
Post by James Harris
Post by James Harris
http://www.politico.eu/article/merkel-has-no-doubt-eu-and-uk-can-clinch-brexit-deal/
Also from that: “What I find it hard to understand, when we need a
result by March 2019, is why people are already talking in October 2017
about what might happen at the end of the process,” Merkel said.
... which is curious in all sorts of ways.
I'm still puzzling over that comment by Merkel. What do you guys make of
it?
most likely

the eussr were trying to see just how soft in the head the
brits are...
they are now becoming convinced that theresa is serious,
and not to listen to the leftist media or jerry and his whiners

so now they're now deciding it is better to stop posturing
and talk about the turkey
--
www.abelard.org