Theresa 'PR management' May Makes A "45 Minutes" Claim
roadwork
2018-03-13 02:09:43 UTC
"The formulas for the various Novichok agents are not a Russian secret.
The U.S. and the UK surely know how to make these. The agents are said
to be made from simply components used in civil industrial processes. The
Porton Down chemical weapon laboratory of the British military is only
some 8 miles away from Salisbury where the Skripals were allegedly
poisoned. The British government claims that Porton Down identified the
agent allegedly used on the Skripals. The laboratory is surely also
capable of producing such stuff, just like similar laboratories in other
countries are able to do."

https://tinyurl.com/ycd7dyer

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/03/theresa-mays-45-minutes-claim.html
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-03-13 08:44:27 UTC
Post by roadwork
"The formulas for the various Novichok agents are not a Russian secret.
The U.S. and the UK surely know how to make these. The agents are said
to be made from simply components used in civil industrial processes. The
Porton Down chemical weapon laboratory of the British military is only
some 8 miles away from Salisbury where the Skripals were allegedly
poisoned. The British government claims that Porton Down identified the
agent allegedly used on the Skripals. The laboratory is surely also
capable of producing such stuff, just like similar laboratories in other
countries are able to do."
https://tinyurl.com/ycd7dyer
http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/03/theresa-mays-45-minutes-claim.html
Very informative article.

Who wrote or published it?

Porton Down does not produce *any* nerve agent in sufficient quantity for military use. It does produce small laboratory samples in order that counter measures against its use may be devised and tested upon animals. Military stores of such weapons were destroyed decades ago.

That is what Porton Down is for. Such samples would be kept secure.

"The UK is one of 192 countries that have ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), the first arms-control treaty to introduce a verifiable ban on an entire class of weapons of mass destruction."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/chemical-weapons-convention-guidance

which was published by the British Government. Military stores of such weapons were destroyed decades ago.

In any case, what advantage would be gained or purpose served by any government amongst its own population.

What effect would such a disclosure make to its poll ratings? It would further lead to criminal prosecutions of the principals involved.

Once more you illustrate the distortions that underlie your thinking processes.
johnny-knowall
2018-03-13 09:00:26 UTC
Post by roadwork
[...]
Seeing as the place is surrounded by such intense secrecy that even dog
walkers who innocently get close to the perimeter find themselves being asked
questions by plain clothes men in military land rovers; either you are
bullshitting to the most ridiculous degree, or you have a security clearance
so high that even your first sentence will have breached the OSA and you will
spend the rest of your days in prison.

The rest of your post is just ignorant nonsense made presumably in order for
you to appear to have secret knowledge that us mere mortals can only dream
about.

However, if you really knew anything about what goes on inside Porton Down,
this would be the very last place that you would be making any comment about
it.

So, go away and calm down; and just satisfy yourself with dreams about going
down -
Going down a coal mine, that is.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-03-13 09:36:35 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
[...]
I have been down a coal mine several times.

I have not even been within sight of Porton Down.

We did however, once have a friend alas now no longer with us, who worked as an assistant in the laboratories there. There was a very good BBC documentary on TV explaining the establishment.

There ends my knowledge of the place.

We as a nation have to have such places if we are to maintain any military credibility. That's not so that we can produce them in quantity. As I have already said, we are signed up to an international treaty which prevents us using or stockpiling chemical weapons. Porton Down, I understand, does produce small samples of all or any chemical agent of this type for the purposes I have already explained. This activity is well within the provisions of the convention. Existing stocks of chemical weapons held by the armed forces were destroyed consequent upon the coming of the convention into effect.
johnny-knowall
2018-03-13 09:48:58 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
[...]
As you love to keep telling us on a regular basis.

The obvious response can only be - so what?
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
I have not even been within sight of Porton Down.
We did however, once have a friend alas now no longer with us, who worked as
an assistant in the laboratories there.
And he would have told you absolutely nothing.
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
There was a very good BBC documentary
on TV explaining the establishment.
If you think that was a good documentary then you have my sympathy. Most of
it was so heavily censored that it was hardly worth the bother.
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
There ends my knowledge of the place.
We as a nation have to have such places if we are to maintain any military
credibility. That's not so that we can produce them in quantity. As I have
already said, we are signed up to an international treaty which prevents us
using or stockpiling chemical weapons. Porton Down, I understand, does
produce small samples of all or any chemical agent of this type for the
purposes I have already explained.
You are very naive.
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
This activity is well within the
provisions of the convention. Existing stocks of chemical weapons held by the
armed forces were destroyed consequent upon the coming of the convention into
effect.
In other words you were making up all that nonsense about what nerve agents
we have kept and/or destroyed.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-03-13 14:17:52 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Post by johnny-knowall
So, go away and calm down; and just satisfy yourself with dreams about going
down -
Going down a coal mine, that is.
I have been down a coal mine several times.
As you love to keep telling us on a regular basis.
The obvious response can only be - so what?
And the obvious response to that is "You brought the matter up!
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
I have not even been within sight of Porton Down.
We did however, once have a friend alas now no longer with us, who worked as
an assistant in the laboratories there.
And he would have told you absolutely nothing.
No she didn't!
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
There was a very good BBC documentary
on TV explaining the establishment.
If you think that was a good documentary then you have my sympathy. Most of
it was so heavily censored that it was hardly worth the bother.
So you saw it? When was that?
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
There ends my knowledge of the place.
We as a nation have to have such places if we are to maintain any military
credibility. That's not so that we can produce them in quantity. As I have
already said, we are signed up to an international treaty which prevents us
using or stockpiling chemical weapons. Porton Down, I understand, does
produce small samples of all or any chemical agent of this type for the
purposes I have already explained.
You are very naive.
No it's you who is incredibly stupid!

Another one of those not prepared to accept anything positive about this country but cannot find your way to the airport.

You are pathetic.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
This activity is well within the
provisions of the convention. Existing stocks of chemical weapons held by the
armed forces were destroyed consequent upon the coming of the convention into
effect.
In other words you were making up all that nonsense about what nerve agents
we have kept and/or destroyed.
I make nothing up. I've already told you I have a far superior memory than you.

I would suspect all or most of them but not in quantities that would be in breach of international conventions. It's one thing to hold a sample of a few ml for test purposes yet quite another to hold sufficient quantities to fill bomb or shell cases.

To the initiated it makes good sense to retain miniscule quantities so as to be able to identify and/or develop antidotes as a contingency measure in case we were attacked by someone with the capability to produce them.

Wouldn't that be a purely defensive use?
roadwork
2018-03-13 15:37:40 UTC
you ignorant piece of shit with your stupid exclamation marks
johnny-knowall
2018-03-13 16:04:07 UTC
Post by roadwork
you ignorant piece of shit with your stupid exclamation marks
Don’t ruin your reputation by jumping in without taking time to analyse
people first.

Rowing is from Yorkshire (just), and as such has to conform to the
patronising bully stereotype of “I'll say wot I like and you’ll like what
I say” crap.

The exclamation marks are just to indicate how many times he dug coal with
his bare hands in order to be a scab during the Arthur Scargill years.

Remember that God was a Yorkshireman, as was Mother Theresa, Isaac Newton,
Hereward The Wake, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Margaret Thatcher, and virtually
everyone who did anything in the past.

roadwork
2018-03-13 14:37:31 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Very informative article.
Who wrote or published it?
Porton Down does not produce *any* nerve agent in sufficient quantity
for military use.
Seeing as the place is surrounded by such intense secrecy that even dog
walkers who innocently get close to the perimeter find themselves being
asked questions by plain clothes men in military land rovers; either you
are bullshitting to the most ridiculous degree, or you have a security
clearance so high that even your first sentence will have breached the
OSA and you will spend the rest of your days in prison.
bullkshitting
Post by johnny-knowall
The rest of your post is just ignorant nonsense made presumably in order
for you to appear to have secret knowledge that us mere mortals can only
dream about.
ignorant nonsense that he can't be bothered to format using any
standards, complying with any newsgroup standards, this 'expert'. Making
his drivel extremely difficult to read, being presented in an arbitary
format. Even if you would want to read it.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-03-13 15:01:49 UTC
Post by roadwork
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by johnny-knowall
The rest of your post is just ignorant nonsense made presumably in order
for you to appear to have secret knowledge that us mere mortals can only
dream about.
ignorant nonsense that he can't be bothered to format using any
standards, complying with any newsgroup standards, this 'expert'. Making
his drivel extremely difficult to read, being presented in an arbitary
format. Even if you would want to read it.
Then don't read it! Nobody makes you. Can't you find a comfortable railway track close by to lie down on since the midwife didn't smother you at birth?

That's how your kind often end up!
johnny-knowall
2018-03-13 15:52:35 UTC
Post by roadwork
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by johnny-knowall
The rest of your post is just ignorant nonsense made presumably in order
for you to appear to have secret knowledge that us mere mortals can only
dream about.
ignorant nonsense that he can't be bothered to format using any
standards, complying with any newsgroup standards, this 'expert'. Making
his drivel extremely difficult to read, being presented in an arbitary
format. Even if you would want to read it.
Then don't read it! Nobody makes you. Can't you find a comfortable railway
track close by to lie down on since the midwife didn't smother you at birth?
That's how your kind often end up!
Spoken like a true friendly Yorkshireman.

Now, I bet you wish you had been born a few miles further east? That would
have made you into a proper true honest character - not a miserable coal
mining fetish stereotype.