China girl
saracene
2017-08-11 14:34:58 UTC
Anybody else been watching this? I think it's hilarious, though I don't thin kit's always meant to be.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/top-lake-china-girl-captured-ugly-messy-reality-violence-episode/

The Aussies seem less inhibited than us about wha they can show on tv.
"stuff it up you cunt!" the Nicole Kidman character is told by her 17 year old foster daughter.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-08-11 14:51:51 UTC
Post by saracene
Anybody else been watching this? I think it's hilarious, though I don't thin kit's always meant to be.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/top-lake-china-girl-captured-ugly-messy-reality-violence-episode/
The Aussies seem less inhibited than us about wha they can show on tv.
"stuff it up you cunt!" the Nicole Kidman character is told by her 17 year old foster daughter.
I saw the first episode at mum and dad's house. Seemed like a BBC
misandrist's dream. I'm not tempted to seek out the rest.
saracene
2017-08-11 16:01:41 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Anybody else been watching this? I think it's hilarious, though I don't think it's always meant to be.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/top-lake-china-girl-captured-ugly-messy-reality-violence-episode/
The Aussies seem less inhibited than us about wha they can show on tv.
"stuff it up you cunt!" the Nicole Kidman character is told by her 17 year old foster daughter.
I saw the first episode at mum and dad's house.
I missed that one.
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Seemed like a BBC
misandrist's dream. I'm not tempted to seek out the rest.
Perhaps we don't share the same sense of humour. Aussies can be very crude.

Assue chat up routine:-
He: Do you want a fuck?
She: Nah, but you've just talked me into it, you sweet talking bastard.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-08-11 16:51:19 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Seemed like a BBC
misandrist's dream. I'm not tempted to seek out the rest.
Perhaps we don't share the same sense of humour. Aussies can be very crude.
If I'd thought it was meant to be funny, I'd have enjoyed it. But I
think it's just Jane Campion having another go at blokes.

If you think, like Blazing Saddles, it can be enjoyed on several
completely different levels, I might watch it again.
Post by saracene
Assue chat up routine:-
He: Do you want a fuck?
She: Nah, but you've just talked me into it, you sweet talking bastard.
I like that, of course, but Top of the Lake stuff is more like:

He: Do you want a fuck?
She: No thank you, please go away.
He: You mean yes don't you, you filthy slag.
Omega
2017-08-11 17:44:46 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Seemed like a BBC
misandrist's dream. I'm not tempted to seek out the rest.
Perhaps we don't share the same sense of humour. Aussies can be very crude.
Assue chat up routine:-
He: Do you want a fuck?
She: Nah, but you've just talked me into it, you sweet talking bastard.
Or,

Hey blue,lend us a beer. Aw hell matey, I'm down to me last six cans.

Sorry blue, didn't realise, can I borrow yer Sheila.

Help yerself matey!

Aussie in a bar, keeps looking at his wrist tapping the dial. Blonde
woman next to him, why do you keep tapping your watch.

It's not a watch, it's a telepathy machine, right this moment, it's
telling me you're not wearing knickers.

Oh really, but I can tell you I certainly am!

Taps his wrist again, ah sorry darlin', the bloody thing's an hour fast.

omega
Basil Jet

Basil Jet
2017-08-11 19:50:03 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Seemed like a BBC
misandrist's dream. I'm not tempted to seek out the rest.
Perhaps we don't share the same sense of humour. Aussies can be very crude.
Assue chat up routine:-
He: Do you want a fuck?
She: Nah, but you've just talked me into it, you sweet talking bastard.
I overheard two Aussie women recently discussing a man.
"So why didn't you go with him?"
"He just wants a roll-over"
"What's so bad about that?"
"Do I look like the sort of girl who likes to takes it up the arse?"

I was tempted to, er, butt in and say "Sorry, but what exactly does a
girl who likes to take it up the arse look like?"
Andy Walker
2017-08-11 15:59:36 UTC
Post by saracene
The Aussies seem less inhibited than us about wha they can show on tv.
Did you not see it on [UK] TV? Prime viewing hours, too.
--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.
saracene
2017-08-11 16:03:45 UTC
Yes, I know we're shwoing it. We wouldn't have written or produced it though.
Andy Walker
2017-08-11 16:24:29 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by Andy Walker
Post by saracene
The Aussies seem less inhibited than us about wha they can show on tv.
Did you not see it on [UK] TV? Prime viewing hours, too.
Yes, I know we're shwoing it. We wouldn't have written or produced it though.
Ah. Then you meant that they're less inhibited in writing and
producing such TV. I suspect, on limited evidence, that that is much
more true of the French, Italians and no doubt elsewhere, if you're
talking about mainstream series, and esp compared with Americans. I
doubt [tho' on even less evidence] whether "niche" films or writings
are interestingly different no matter which country you go to. OTOH
it is definitely the UK where we make adverts for toilet rolls, for
sanitary towels, and for anti-itch-in-sensitive-place creams that many
other countries find rather disturbing.
--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.