US media full of fake news whipping up fake trade war
7
2018-04-07 10:24:44 UTC
US media full of fake news whipping up fake trade war

In order for US companies to take advantage of turmoil around trade wars,
all the US media cumpanies like Blooomberg are on full overdrive selling
fake news and whipping up a fake trade war.

The simple fact in all this is that USA is just some 250 million
peoples and amount to 3% of the population.

So if you are making watches, clothes, smartphones, tablets,
computers, cars, steel, concrete, and all other industrial
and commercial goods, you are still servicing just 3% of the market.

You may as well focus on the remaining 97% of the market
and make money that way. The online ordering systems are super
efficient, and so are all the containerized transportation systems.

So just give up USA as a market, and go elsewhere. Don't for one
minute reduce global production, instead increase production and lower the
prices and sell across the globe to the remaining 97% at better prices.
Every sale matters.

If USA wants to impose another 100 billion in tariffs for a trade
war of its own making, just cut off USA from any more participation
in global trading agreements and seek out own multi-lateral
trade agreements. It is easier to take that 100 billion and spend
it on more trade fairs, R&D and free trade zones that it is to
go to the negotiating table for a humiliation.

And at the same time, make the sanctions smart.
Make it illegal for any US tech companies
to steal data from your country, or to lift any profits from royalties
and ship it back to USA to fund next generation industries like 5G.
Also make it illegal to import any products from USA that contains
trade sanction subsidized products.
BurfordTJustice
2018-04-07 12:11:59 UTC
LOL!! are you a nanus bod??????

: -----------------------------------------------------
:
:
abelard
2018-04-07 12:24:44 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 08:11:59 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
<burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:

>LOL!! are you a nanus bod??????
>

>"7" <***@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
>: US media full of fake news whipping up fake trade war
>: -----------------------------------------------------
>:
>: In order for US companies to take advantage of turmoil around trade wars,
>: all the US media cumpanies like Blooomberg are on full overdrive selling
>: fake news and whipping up a fake trade war.
>:
>: The simple fact in all this is that USA is just some 250 million
>: peoples and amount to 3% of the population.
>:
>: So if you are making watches, clothes, smartphones, tablets,
>: computers, cars, steel, concrete, and all other industrial
>: and commercial goods, you are still servicing just 3% of the market.

glory be you are dumb...

the usa economy is around 20+% of world gdp....

not selling to the usa will mean china can't get the same prices...
and can't employ so many of their serf labourers...
that will undermine their dear leader's acceptability...

the average chinese is about 1/4r the income of an american...
china is far more crowded than the usa...

only fools pick fights with giants

the american deficit with china is heavily to china's profit...
it isn't to the profit of the usa other than in cheap tat
for the poor and cheap manufacturing for the likes of
apple

>: You may as well focus on the remaining 97% of the market
>: and make money that way. The online ordering systems are super
>: efficient, and so are all the containerized transportation systems.
>:
>: So just give up USA as a market, and go elsewhere. Don't for one
>: minute reduce global production, instead increase production and lower the
>: prices and sell across the globe to the remaining 97% at better prices.
>: Every sale matters.
>:
>: If USA wants to impose another 100 billion in tariffs for a trade
>: war of its own making, just cut off USA from any more participation
>: in global trading agreements and seek out own multi-lateral
>: trade agreements. It is easier to take that 100 billion and spend
>: it on more trade fairs, R&D and free trade zones that it is to
>: go to the negotiating table for a humiliation.
>:
>: And at the same time, make the sanctions smart.
>: Make it illegal for any US tech companies
>: to steal data from your country, or to lift any profits from royalties
>: and ship it back to USA to fund next generation industries like 5G.
>: Also make it illegal to import any products from USA that contains
>: trade sanction subsidized products.

most of the innovation arises in the usa...

your really do know nothing of economics or the world

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-04-07 16:35:33 UTC
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 14:24:44 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 08:11:59 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
><burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
>
>>LOL!! are you a nanus bod??????
>>

>>"7" <***@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
>>: US media full of fake news whipping up fake trade war
>>: -----------------------------------------------------
>>:
>>: In order for US companies to take advantage of turmoil around trade wars,
>>: all the US media cumpanies like Blooomberg are on full overdrive selling
>>: fake news and whipping up a fake trade war.
>>:
>>: The simple fact in all this is that USA is just some 250 million
>>: peoples and amount to 3% of the population.
>>:
>>: So if you are making watches, clothes, smartphones, tablets,
>>: computers, cars, steel, concrete, and all other industrial
>>: and commercial goods, you are still servicing just 3% of the market.
>
>glory be you are dumb...
>
>the usa economy is around 20+% of world gdp....
>
>not selling to the usa will mean china can't get the same prices...
> and can't employ so many of their serf labourers...
>that will undermine their dear leader's acceptability...
>
>the average chinese is about 1/4r the income of an american...
> china is far more crowded than the usa...

The population density isn't high for either. Even the UK only comes
52nd in the world.

USA 188th
China 87th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population_density

I can't see any obvious trend between population density and wealth
which I find surprising.

What's your point here? I don't see an issue with crowding.

>only fools pick fights with giants

So, are you saying Trump is a fool to pick a fight with China?

Because according to this graph the US, China, and W Europe have a
similar share of World GDP. Just under 20% each.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_world_product#/media/File:1_AD_to_2008_AD_trends_in_%25_GDP_contribution_by_major_economies_of_the_world.png

>the american deficit with china is heavily to china's profit...
> it isn't to the profit of the usa other than in cheap tat
> for the poor and cheap manufacturing for the likes of
> apple
>
>>: You may as well focus on the remaining 97% of the market
>>: and make money that way. The online ordering systems are super
>>: efficient, and so are all the containerized transportation systems.
>>:
>>: So just give up USA as a market, and go elsewhere. Don't for one
>>: minute reduce global production, instead increase production and lower the
>>: prices and sell across the globe to the remaining 97% at better prices.
>>: Every sale matters.
>>:
>>: If USA wants to impose another 100 billion in tariffs for a trade
>>: war of its own making, just cut off USA from any more participation
>>: in global trading agreements and seek out own multi-lateral
>>: trade agreements. It is easier to take that 100 billion and spend
>>: it on more trade fairs, R&D and free trade zones that it is to
>>: go to the negotiating table for a humiliation.
>>:
>>: And at the same time, make the sanctions smart.
>>: Make it illegal for any US tech companies
>>: to steal data from your country, or to lift any profits from royalties
>>: and ship it back to USA to fund next generation industries like 5G.
>>: Also make it illegal to import any products from USA that contains
>>: trade sanction subsidized products.
>
>most of the innovation arises in the usa...
>
>your really do know nothing of economics or the world

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

BurfordTJustice
2018-04-07 16:36:47 UTC
dance little one dance...LMAO!!

"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" <***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote in
message news:***@4ax.com...
: wrote:
:
: >On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 08:11:59 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
: ><burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
: >
: >>LOL!! are you a nanus bod??????
: >>
: >>
: >>
: >>: -----------------------------------------------------
: >>:
: >>: And at the same time, make the sanctions smart.
: >>: Make it illegal for any US tech companies
: >>: to steal data from your country, or to lift any profits from royalties
: >>: and ship it back to USA to fund next generation industries like 5G.
: >>: Also make it illegal to import any products from USA that contains
: >>: trade sanction subsidized products.
: >
: >most of the innovation arises in the usa...
: >
: >your really do know nothing of economics or the world
:
: Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
:
: --
: p-0.0-h the cat
:
: Internet Terrorist, Mass sock puppeteer, Agent provocateur, Gutter rat,
: Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, BaStarD hacker, Resident evil, Monkey
Boy,
: Certifiable criminal, Spineless cowardly scum, textbook Psychopath,
: the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll
infâme,
: the OVERCAT [The BEARPAIR are dead, and we are its murderers], lowlife
troll,
: shyster [pending approval by STATE_TERROR], cripple, sociopath, kook,
: smug prick, smartarse, arsehole, moron, idiot, imbecile, snittish scumbag,
: liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, scouringerer, jumped up
chav,
: lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, the most complete ignoid, joker, and
furball.
:
: NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist
:
: Honorary SHYSTER and FRAUD awarded for services to Haberdashery.
: By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.
:
: Signature integrity check
: md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896
:
: I mark any message from »Q« the troll as stinky
:
abelard
2018-04-07 17:04:14 UTC
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 17:35:33 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
<***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 14:24:44 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 08:11:59 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
>><burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
>>
>>>LOL!! are you a nanus bod??????
>>>

>>>"7" <***@enemygadgets.com> wrote in message
>>>: US media full of fake news whipping up fake trade war
>>>: -----------------------------------------------------
>>>:
>>>: In order for US companies to take advantage of turmoil around trade wars,
>>>: all the US media cumpanies like Blooomberg are on full overdrive selling
>>>: fake news and whipping up a fake trade war.
>>>:
>>>: The simple fact in all this is that USA is just some 250 million
>>>: peoples and amount to 3% of the population.
>>>:
>>>: So if you are making watches, clothes, smartphones, tablets,
>>>: computers, cars, steel, concrete, and all other industrial
>>>: and commercial goods, you are still servicing just 3% of the market.
>>
>>glory be you are dumb...
>>
>>the usa economy is around 20+% of world gdp....
>>
>>not selling to the usa will mean china can't get the same prices...
>> and can't employ so many of their serf labourers...
>>that will undermine their dear leader's acceptability...
>>
>>the average chinese is about 1/4r the income of an american...
>> china is far more crowded than the usa...
>
>The population density isn't high for either. Even the UK only comes
>52nd in the world.
>
>USA 188th
>China 87th

meaningless numbers(ranks)
the average american has more than 4 times the land of the
average chinese...
as i recall it is also better quality
china has a major land contamination problem...
it has air quality problems..
it has an aging problem...

United States agricultural land: 44.5%
arable land 16.8%; permanent crops 0.3%; permanent pasture 27.4%
forest: 33.3%
other: 22.2% (2011 est.)

China agricultural land: 54.7%
arable land 11.3%; permanent crops 1.6%; permanent pasture 41.8%
forest: 22.3%
other: 23% (2011 est.)

but it is good to see you trying to use numbers...

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population_density
>
>I can't see any obvious trend between population density and wealth
>which I find surprising.

meanwhile the average chinese have 1/4 the wealth of the americans

>What's your point here? I don't see an issue with crowding.
>
>>only fools pick fights with giants
>
>So, are you saying Trump is a fool to pick a fight with China?

take your nonsense out on your scratching post

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-04-07 18:00:38 UTC
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 19:04:14 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 17:35:33 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
><***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 14:24:44 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
>>wrote:

>>>glory be you are dumb...
>>>
>>>the usa economy is around 20+% of world gdp....
>>>
>>>not selling to the usa will mean china can't get the same prices...
>>> and can't employ so many of their serf labourers...
>>>that will undermine their dear leader's acceptability...
>>>
>>>the average chinese is about 1/4r the income of an american...
>>> china is far more crowded than the usa...
>>
>>The population density isn't high for either. Even the UK only comes
>>52nd in the world.
>>
>>USA 188th
>>China 87th
>
>meaningless numbers(ranks)

Not at all, neither are as crowded as the UK. You haven't proven that
crowding is an issue at all. Why did you bring it up?

>the average american has more than 4 times the land of the
> average chinese...

You haven't proven that at all. You can't just divide total land mass by
population and come to that conclusion. Average people live on quite
small plots of land.

>as i recall it is also better quality
>china has a major land contamination problem...
>it has air quality problems..
>it has an aging problem...

All countries have problems. None of these prove a crowding problem.

>United States agricultural land: 44.5%
>arable land 16.8%; permanent crops 0.3%; permanent pasture 27.4%
>forest: 33.3%
>other: 22.2% (2011 est.)
>
>China agricultural land: 54.7%
>arable land 11.3%; permanent crops 1.6%; permanent pasture 41.8%
>forest: 22.3%
>other: 23% (2011 est.)
>
>but it is good to see you trying to use numbers...

It would be nice to see you using some that make sense of your
statements. Are the Chinese starving. I don't think so. I see no other
relevance of the above statistics. If there is one then please explain
it to me.

>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population_density
>>
>>I can't see any obvious trend between population density and wealth
>>which I find surprising.
>
>meanwhile the average chinese have 1/4 the wealth of the americans

What does that mean? The cost of living in the US is very much higher.
Hundreds of percent in some cases. Your 1/4 wealth stat doesn't seem to
offer any kind of fair comparison.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=China&country2=United+States

What is wealth anyway?

Owning a wooden shack on a piece of worthless dirt vs owning a brick
build on European soil.

How do you compare the two?

2018-04-07 18:27:27 UTC
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 19:00:38 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
<***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 19:04:14 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 17:35:33 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
>><***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

>>>The population density isn't high for either. Even the UK only comes
>>>52nd in the world.
>>>
>>>USA 188th
>>>China 87th
>>
>>meaningless numbers(ranks)
>
>Not at all,

yes at all

> neither are as crowded as the UK.

and?

>You haven't proven that
>crowding is an issue at all. Why did you bring it up?

i wasn't trying to prove anything...just stating
that china is weak relative to the usa

>>the average american has more than 4 times the land of the
>> average chinese...
>
>You haven't proven that at all. You can't just divide total land mass by
>population and come to that conclusion. Average people live on quite
>small plots of land.

or in the gutters of delhi

>>as i recall it is also better quality
>>china has a major land contamination problem...
>>it has air quality problems..
>>it has an aging problem...
>
>All countries have problems. None of these prove a crowding problem.
>
>>United States agricultural land: 44.5%
>>arable land 16.8%; permanent crops 0.3%; permanent pasture 27.4%
>>forest: 33.3%
>>other: 22.2% (2011 est.)
>>
>>China agricultural land: 54.7%
>>arable land 11.3%; permanent crops 1.6%; permanent pasture 41.8%
>>forest: 22.3%
>>other: 23% (2011 est.)
>>
>>but it is good to see you trying to use numbers...
>
>It would be nice to see you using some that make sense of your
>statements. Are the Chinese starving. I don't think so. I see no other
>relevance of the above statistics. If there is one then please explain
>it to me.

a very large proportion remain very poor

>>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population_density
>>>
>>>I can't see any obvious trend between population density and wealth
>>>which I find surprising.
>>
>>meanwhile the average chinese have 1/4 the wealth of the americans
>
>What does that mean? The cost of living in the US is very much higher.
>Hundreds of percent in some cases. Your 1/4 wealth stat doesn't seem to
>offer any kind of fair comparison.

then go live in china

>https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=China&country2=United+States
>
>What is wealth anyway?
>
>Owning a wooden shack on a piece of worthless dirt vs owning a brick
>build on European soil.
>
>How do you compare the two?

every person value differently...but it is europe and the
usa that see people wanting to get in...
while other countries see people trying to get out

that is real people making real choices..not you pseudo intellectual
world of relative theories

do you suppose that can be reduced to just a couple of numbers?

as i stated above...go live in china...you won't...

as with so many you believe in theory....not reality

but you still don't choose to live in china

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-04-07 19:11:22 UTC
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 20:27:27 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 19:00:38 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
><***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 19:04:14 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
>>wrote:

>>>meaningless numbers(ranks)
>>
>>Not at all,
>
>yes at all
>
>> neither are as crowded as the UK.
>
>and?
>
>>You haven't proven that
>>crowding is an issue at all. Why did you bring it up?
>
>i wasn't trying to prove anything...just stating
> that china is weak relative to the usa
>
>>>the average american has more than 4 times the land of the
>>> average chinese...
>>
>>You haven't proven that at all. You can't just divide total land mass by
>>population and come to that conclusion. Average people live on quite
>>small plots of land.
>
>or in the gutters of delhi
>
>>>as i recall it is also better quality
>>>china has a major land contamination problem...
>>>it has air quality problems..
>>>it has an aging problem...
>>
>>All countries have problems. None of these prove a crowding problem.
>>
>>>United States agricultural land: 44.5%
>>>arable land 16.8%; permanent crops 0.3%; permanent pasture 27.4%
>>>forest: 33.3%
>>>other: 22.2% (2011 est.)
>>>
>>>China agricultural land: 54.7%
>>>arable land 11.3%; permanent crops 1.6%; permanent pasture 41.8%
>>>forest: 22.3%
>>>other: 23% (2011 est.)
>>>
>>>but it is good to see you trying to use numbers...
>>
>>It would be nice to see you using some that make sense of your
>>statements. Are the Chinese starving. I don't think so. I see no other
>>relevance of the above statistics. If there is one then please explain
>>it to me.
>
>a very large proportion remain very poor

>>>meanwhile the average chinese have 1/4 the wealth of the americans
>>
>>What does that mean? The cost of living in the US is very much higher.
>>Hundreds of percent in some cases. Your 1/4 wealth stat doesn't seem to
>>offer any kind of fair comparison.
>
>then go live in china
>
>>https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=China&country2=United+States
>>
>>What is wealth anyway?
>>
>>Owning a wooden shack on a piece of worthless dirt vs owning a brick
>>build on European soil.
>>
>>How do you compare the two?
>
>every person value differently...but it is europe and the
> usa that see people wanting to get in...
>while other countries see people trying to get out
>
>that is real people making real choices..not you pseudo intellectual
> world of relative theories
>
>do you suppose that can be reduced to just a couple of numbers?
>
>as i stated above...go live in china...you won't...
>
>as with so many you believe in theory....not reality
>
>but you still don't choose to live in china

I don't choose to live in the USA either. I quite like France but I
don't choose to live there. Don't see the relevance of this argument.

Breathes there the man, with soul so dead,
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!
Whose heart hath ne'er within him burn'd,
As home his footsteps he hath turn'd,
From wandering on a foreign strand!
If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
For him no Minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonour'd, and unsung.

It has little to do with money or monetary wealth that I live in the UK.
It has far more to do with another kind of wealth.

Has it ever occurred to you that many Chinese may feel the same.

You have totally failed to show any proof that there is a population
density issue in China or provide vaguely comparable stats of wealth
taking into account the cost of living. Do the Chinese themselves feel
they live in poverty any more than Americans overall. I wonder. Studies
show that people think having 25% more would make them wealthy and feel
economically 'safe' irrespective of income. Even though I know this, I
still feel this and absurdly as your wealth increases the bar rises.
Your assertion that the US is the big daddy doesn't add up. Europe,
China and the US have roughly the same share of global GDP. Factoring in
cost of living, aspiration of the population, and a shit load of other
factors is almost impossible but China doesn't look to me anywhere near
as weak as you make out.

2018-04-07 19:30:13 UTC
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 20:11:22 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
<***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 20:27:27 +0200, abelard <***@abelard.org>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 19:00:38 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"

>>>How do you compare the two?
>>
>>every person value differently...but it is europe and the
>> usa that see people wanting to get in...
>>while other countries see people trying to get out
>>
>>that is real people making real choices..not you pseudo intellectual
>> world of relative theories
>>
>>do you suppose that can be reduced to just a couple of numbers?
>>
>>as i stated above...go live in china...you won't...
>>
>>as with so many you believe in theory....not reality
>>
>>but you still don't choose to live in china
>
>I don't choose to live in the USA either. I quite like France but I
>don't choose to live there. Don't see the relevance of this argument.
>
>Breathes there the man, with soul so dead,
>Who never to himself hath said,
> This is my own, my native land!
>Whose heart hath ne'er within him burn'd,
>As home his footsteps he hath turn'd,
> From wandering on a foreign strand!
>If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
>For him no Minstrel raptures swell;
>High though his titles, proud his name,
>Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;
>Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
>The wretch, concentred all in self,
>Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
>And, doubly dying, shall go down
>To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,
>Unwept, unhonour'd, and unsung.
>
>It has little to do with money or monetary wealth that I live in the UK.
>It has far more to do with another kind of wealth.
>
>Has it ever occurred to you that many Chinese may feel the same.

doubtless they do...especially the billonaires and the new dear leader

>You have totally failed to show any proof that there is a population
>density issue in China or provide vaguely comparable stats of wealth
>taking into account the cost of living. Do the Chinese themselves feel
>they live in poverty any more than Americans overall. I wonder. Studies
>show that people think having 25% more would make them wealthy and feel
>economically 'safe' irrespective of income. Even though I know this, I
>still feel this and absurdly as your wealth increases the bar rises.
>Your assertion that the US is the big daddy doesn't add up.

and one has over 4 times the population

> Europe,
>China and the US have roughly the same share of global GDP. Factoring in
>cost of living, aspiration of the population, and a shit load of other
>factors is almost impossible but China doesn't look to me anywhere near
>as weak as you make out.

it is not the place to bet on in any sort of contest with the usa

the daft posts i responded to suggested that the usa would
be the loser...i see no good evidence for that...in fact the
reverse

you have now switched to who 'feels' best...not a measure that i think
has much objectivity
we do know that a major criterion for content is how much control a
person believes they have...another is how they 'feel' their
status relative to others...
a measurement of relative position is attempted by gini numbers...
the chinese are doing very poorly...but that is widespread among
poor nations and dctatorships

most groups and nations shout that they are better than others...
i've seen it claimed that only the british and the chinese actually
believe it!

BouffantTHairdo
2018-04-07 19:39:37 UTC

7
2018-04-08 08:11:33 UTC
abelard wrote:

>>: US media full of fake news whipping up fake trade war
>>: -----------------------------------------------------
>>:
>>: In order for US companies to take advantage of turmoil around trade
>>: wars, all the US media cumpanies like Blooomberg are on full overdrive
>>: selling fake news and whipping up a fake trade war.
>>:
>>: The simple fact in all this is that USA is just some 250 million
>>: peoples and amount to 3% of the population.
>>:
>>: So if you are making watches, clothes, smartphones, tablets,
>>: computers, cars, steel, concrete, and all other industrial
>>: and commercial goods, you are still servicing just 3% of the market.
>
> glory be you are dumb...
>
> the usa economy is around 20+% of world gdp....

Which doesn't mean anything for manufacturing related trade wars.

USA still a 3% consumer of global goods like watches, clothes, smartphones,
bikes, tv, lamps, headphones, etc etc etc etc

Ignore the trolls in USA, ramp up production and sell to the remaining 97%.
johnny-knowall
2018-04-08 08:21:42 UTC
On 8 Apr 2018, 7 wrote
(in article <***@mid.individual.net>):

Exactly. No one wants US goods anyway.
JNugent
2018-04-08 16:01:42 UTC
On 08/04/2018 09:21, johnny-knowall wrote:
> On 8 Apr 2018, 7 wrote
> (in article <***@mid.individual.net>):

>>> glory be you are dumb...
>>>
>>> the usa economy is around 20+% of world gdp....
>>
>> Which doesn't mean anything for manufacturing related trade wars.
>>
>> USA still a 3% consumer of global goods like watches, clothes, smartphones,
>> bikes, tv, lamps, headphones, etc etc etc etc
>>
>> Ignore the trolls in USA, ramp up production and sell to the remaining 97%.
>
> Exactly. No one wants US goods anyway.

Speak for yourself.

The USA is the world leader (indeed, the only serious player) in the
manufacture of certain musical instruments and associated gear.
johnny-knowall
2018-04-08 16:24:05 UTC
On 8 Apr 2018, JNugent wrote
(in article <***@mid.individual.net>):

> On 08/04/2018 09:21, johnny-knowall wrote:
> > On 8 Apr 2018, 7 wrote
> > (in article <***@mid.individual.net>):

> > > Which doesn't mean anything for manufacturing related trade wars.
> > >
> > > USA still a 3% consumer of global goods like watches, clothes, smartphones,
> > > bikes, tv, lamps, headphones, etc etc etc etc
> > >
> > > Ignore the trolls in USA, ramp up production and sell to the remaining 97%.
> >
> > Exactly. No one wants US goods anyway.
>
> Speak for yourself.
>
> The USA is the world leader (indeed, the only serious player) in the
> manufacture of certain musical instruments and associated gear.

Yes, but if the US tariff is big enough, the competitors will soon appear
with a better product.

Remember the UK motorcycle industry? Thought it could not fail, with Triumph,
BSA, Norton etc.

Yamaha? Suzuki? Honda?

Sit on laurels at your peril.....
JNugent
2018-04-08 22:03:39 UTC
On 08/04/2018 17:24, johnny-knowall wrote:
> On 8 Apr 2018, JNugent wrote
> (in article <***@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> On 08/04/2018 09:21, johnny-knowall wrote:
>>> On 8 Apr 2018, 7 wrote
>>> (in article <***@mid.individual.net>):

>>> Exactly. No one wants US goods anyway.
>>
>> Speak for yourself.
>>
>> The USA is the world leader (indeed, the only serious player) in the
>> manufacture of certain musical instruments and associated gear.
>
> Yes, but if the US tariff is big enough, the competitors will soon appear
> with a better product.

Impossible.

"Better" has to be understood as an aesthetic consideration. There is no
real competitor for a Stradivarius or a Steinway. Even if there were no
difference in scientifically-measured terms, players would still want
and prefer The Real Thing, just as art-collectors want an original
Rembrandt rather then a copy. And in the same way, there is no real
competitor for the Gibson Custom Shop, even if the only difference were
the ability to use the name (and if there were, it would be in the USA).

> Remember the UK motorcycle industry? Thought it could not fail, with Triumph,
> BSA, Norton etc.
>
> Yamaha? Suzuki? Honda?
>
> Sit on laurels at your peril.....

Indeed. But their products were a bit more prosaic and workaday than the
output of a luthier's workshop.

For all that, I do know a few people who dedicate their leisure time to
the Gods of Triumph, BSA, Norton, Ariel, etc.
BurfordTJustice