Florida escapes the worst of Irma
Add Reply
saracene
2017-09-11 16:01:56 UTC
Pity really
abelard
2017-09-11 16:11:08 UTC
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 09:01:56 -0700 (PDT), saracene
Post by saracene
Pity really
the fossil media have no interesting news...so they try to wind you up
about irma or whatever...

the fossil media are widely irresponsible and fictional
2017-09-11 18:44:39 UTC
Post by saracene
Pity really
One thing I wish somebody would explain to me is that weather systems in the Northern hemisphere generally track west to east whereas hurricanes tend to track east to west before losing their power and reverting to amore usual west to east track which is why hurricanes never affect Europe.
Byker
2017-09-11 21:14:48 UTC
Post by saracene
Pity really
One thing I wish somebody would explain to me is that weather systems in
the Northern hemisphere generally track west to east whereas hurricanes
tend to track east to west before losing their power and reverting to
amore usual west to east track which is why hurricanes never affect
Europe.
The waters of the North Atlantic are too cold to sustain a hurricane. Once
in a while, under the right conditions, an extratropical cyclone can make it
all the way across: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Storm_of_1703

"Daniel Defoe, author of 'Robinson Crusoe', produced his full-length book
The Storm (July 1704) in response to the calamity, calling it 'the tempest
that destroyed woods and forests all over England'. He wrote: 'No pen could
describe it, nor tongue express it, nor thought conceive it unless by one in
the extremity of it.' Coastal towns such as Portsmouth 'looked as if the
enemy had sackt them and were most miserably torn to pieces.' Winds of up to
80 miles per hour (130 km/h) destroyed more than 400 windmills. Defoe
reported that the sails in some turned so fast that the friction caused the
wooden wheels to overheat and catch fire. He thought that the destruction of
the sovereign fleet was a punishment for their poor performance against the
Catholic armies of France and Spain during the first year of the War of the
Spanish Succession."

Also:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/east/series4/great_storm.shtml

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2010/nov/22/weatherwatch-great-storm-1703-daniel-defoe
saracene
2017-09-11 19:45:17 UTC
Post by saracene
Pity really
the eye of the hurricane looks more like its arsehole

http://tinyurl.com/y7535yz8
BurfordTJustice
2017-09-11 19:51:29 UTC
Finally something you know and understand...LOL!!