FAQ: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)?
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-20 12:32:45 UTC
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.

However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.
Sycophant: a compulsive ass-kisser of un-evidenced dictator god.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-02-20 13:00:37 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!

Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?

Now, of course, if he is not in you, if you don't believe in him, then for you he can't exist. What you seek is a material being. What evidence do you have that he can only take the form?
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 13:25:12 UTC
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Now, of course, if he is not in you, if you don't believe in him, then for
you he can't exist. What you seek is a material being. What evidence do you
have that he can only take the form?
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.

You seem to be placing your god on the same level as leprechauns.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-02-20 15:11:03 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for instance.

The people I have described possess faith. Faith is real. It steers people in particular ways. The Good Book has it sussed:

"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, [have total trust in faith] ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 18:3

It takes some chewing over but:

Religion is faith without it there can be no religion or belief and hence no God. Rationality has nothing to do with religion. You are operating at another level or in a a different dimension
Post by johnny-knowall
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.
You can't respectably prove a negative for a start.
And in a sense he is. There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil spirits. So long as that belief persisted they existed in reality or consciousness. Materially of course, they didn't.
Farmer Giles
2018-02-20 15:45:56 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for instance.
The faith might be real, but that does mean that the god is.
Post by johnny-knowall
The same evidence that we have for him not to exist in any form - none.
You can't respectably prove a negative for a start.
That's where 'believers' come unstuck, and where agnostics - like me -
hold the only realistic view. I don't know if god exists, and neither do
they, the difference is that I don't know and admit it, but they claim
that they do - which they don't, they only think they do.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 16:21:57 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have
even died for him. He is in them! How can you possibly say he does not exist?
Although no one said he didn’t exist. They asked if there was any
verifiable evidence; and your idea of belief being evidence does not prove
anything except you lie even more than you accuse me of doing.
Which presupposes that to qualify as proof or evidence then evidence has to
have material nature and is denied abstract form. Possess the quality of
reality. But abstract forms can have reality. A mathematical concept for
instance.
But no one was asking that question.

They asked if there is verifiable evidence of god, which there is not.
The people I have described possess faith. Faith is real. It steers people in
"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, [have total trust in
faith] ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3
Does that quote sound to you like it was the original text from the entity
which allegedly created heaven and earth, and loves everything?

Do as I say, or you will not get into my big after-life party?
Post by johnny-knowall
You seem to be placing your god on the same level as leprechauns.
And in a sense he is.
And is there any verifiable evidence to show leprechauns exist?

No.
There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil
spirits.
Yes, “used to be”. In other words as humans became more intelligent they
began to discover why things (originally attributable to spirits) happened.

Maybe one day, humans will discover how to create a single cell reproducible
life-form from a soup of organic chemicals?

Where will religious texts stand then?
abelard
2018-02-20 17:22:23 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
[...]
no 'they' didn't...'they' just made up ever more complex reasons

because of 'god' becomes because of 'gravity'
'the creation' become 'the big bang'....

vanity, vanity, all is vanity...ecclesiastes 1:2
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe one day, humans will discover how to create a single cell reproducible
life-form from a soup of organic chemicals?
out of nothing perhaps?
Post by johnny-knowall
Where will religious texts stand then?
just about where they are now
2018-02-20 17:14:43 UTC
And in a sense he is. There used to be belief in fairies/good spirits/ evil spirits. So long as that belief persisted they existed in reality or consciousness. Materially of course, they didn't.
the brain is material

so is the world which according to our mad atheist religion
appeared by magic...

just like that!

humans know nothing and atheists know even less
James Hammerton
2018-02-20 21:27:37 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some have even died for him. He is in them!
I can certainly verify that millions believe in him, via surveys and
figures on membership of organisations dedicated to believing in him,
and that many "devote their lives to him", even that some have died. But
how do I verify "he is in them"? What does that mean?
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
How can you possibly say he does not exist?
By uttering the phrase "he does not exist"...
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Now, of course, if he is not in you, if you don't believe in him, then for you he can't exist. What you seek is a material being. What evidence do you have that he can only take the form?
If he is an immaterial being, how does one detect his existence?

Regards,

James
--
James Hammerton
http://jhammerton.wordpress.com
http://www.magnacartaplus.com/
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 21:46:11 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:31:48 PM UTC, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
Of course there is!
Millions of people believe in him. Many devote their lives to him. Some
have even died for him. He is in them!
I can certainly verify that millions believe in him, via surveys and
figures on membership of organisations dedicated to believing in him,
and that many "devote their lives to him", even that some have died. But
how do I verify "he is in them"? What does that mean?
How can you possibly say he does not exist?
By uttering the phrase "he does not exist"...
He might have existed of course. An alien spacecraft happened upon a blue
planet 2000 years ago, only to discover the inhabitants were unbelievably
backward.

So, they parked well above the atmosphere and teleported one of their leaders
here in order to turn him into a deity.

It doesn’t take much really. A few “miracles” and the undermining of a
disliked autocratic government regime were really all they needed.

Give the locals an easy to remember history lesson, and then “death” in a
cruel and painful ordeal seals the deal, after which the instant folk hero
can be teleported back down again just to wow the gullible; before the craft
and its crew bugger off (promising to come back some day) never to be seen
again.
abelard
2018-02-20 13:11:46 UTC
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, "!! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
why?

you have your religion...why should anyone disturb it?
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-21 08:37:32 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
why?
Seeking knowledge of what is most likely true, not mere un-evidenced belief.
abelard
2018-02-21 11:27:14 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
why?
Seeking knowledge of what is most likely true, not mere un-evidenced belief.
what is 'truth'?

interesting you now enter 'probability' in place of your
previous dogmatism...
saracene
He feels so strongly he's probably due for a Damascene moment.
Svenne
2018-02-20 21:54:22 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.

The above limitation is also why science cannot say anything about why
stuff exists and how it came into existence.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-20 22:02:14 UTC
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist.
Well that rules out black holes for starters.

Maybe god is a black hole?
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.

Who then created the laws of physics?
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:21:46 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist.
Well that rules out black holes for starters.
Much can be said about black holes, they are objects with an event
horizon, so far are the laws of physics applicable. The laws of physics
break down at the singularity.
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe god is a black hole?
No, a black hole is an object with an event horizon that exists in the
universe. The singularity is somewhat more tricky.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.
Science cannot say anything about why stuff came into existence, only
that it did so. Science can only say how it works after it came into
existence.
Post by johnny-knowall
Who then created the laws of physics?
That is something that science cannot explain. Science can only be
concerned with things that are subject to its laws.
Smiler
2018-02-21 00:37:02 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Nope, none at all.
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe god is a black hole?
No, a black hole is an object with an event horizon that exists in the
universe.
Your supposed god doesn't.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
Merely your unevidenced belief, until you provide evidence for your
supposed god and evidence that it created anything.
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.
Science cannot say anything about why stuff came into existence, only
that it did so. Science can only say how it works after it came into
existence.
Science also tells us how stuff came into existence, no god needed.
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
Who then created the laws of physics?
That is something that science cannot explain.
Neither can you.
Why does it have to be a 'who'?
Post by Svenne
Science can only be
concerned with things that are subject to its laws.
Science is only concerned with reality.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

---
Svenne
2018-02-21 07:36:08 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe god is a black hole?
No, a black hole is an object with an event horizon that exists in the
universe.
Your supposed god doesn't.
That's what I said, God doesn't exist in the universe. I was quite clear
about that.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
Merely your unevidenced belief, until you provide evidence for your
supposed god and evidence that it created anything.
There is an awful lot of stuff here, a whole universe of it, very complex
and running on intricate laws. Are you saying it created itself? Explain
how it created itself since to do that would need it to be in existence
before it came into existence.
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Science cannot say anything about why stuff came into existence, only
that it did so. Science can only say how it works after it came into
existence.
Science also tells us how stuff came into existence, no god needed.
Explain where the big bang came from and what set it off.
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
Who then created the laws of physics?
That is something that science cannot explain.
Neither can you.
Nobody can. All that can be said is that something really amazing is
going on and very little is understood about it. There are a few physical
laws that describe a bit about how it works, but not much else.
Post by Smiler
Why does it have to be a 'who'?
It doesn't.
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Science can only be concerned with things that are subject to its laws.
Science is only concerned with reality.
Which is what I said. Science is limited to the universe and the stuff in
it.
aaa
2018-02-21 08:23:55 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Nope, none at all.
Post by johnny-knowall
Maybe god is a black hole?
No, a black hole is an object with an event horizon that exists in the
universe.
Your supposed god doesn't.
God's spiritual existence dominates the physical existence.
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Svenne
Since God is the creator of the universe
Merely your unevidenced belief, until you provide evidence for your
supposed god and evidence that it created anything.
God's evidence is open to all in philosophy. Anyone can find God's
evidence by studying philosophy.
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
How can he create a universe which obeys the laws of physics if he is
external to it.
Science cannot say anything about why stuff came into existence, only
that it did so. Science can only say how it works after it came into
existence.
Science also tells us how stuff came into existence, no god needed.
Not really. Existence is only studied in philosophy. Science can never
answer any philosophical question.
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by johnny-knowall
Who then created the laws of physics?
That is something that science cannot explain.
Neither can you.
Why does it have to be a 'who'?
Because God is life.
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Science can only be
concerned with things that are subject to its laws.
Science is only concerned with reality.
Science is only concerned with the illusory reality. Only philosophy is
concerned with the true reality.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

John Baker
2018-02-20 22:29:48 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
Ted
LOL.
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:31:48 UTC
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to provide
evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Ted
I apologize.
Svenne
2018-02-21 00:16:56 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and
external to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are
applicable to the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
I apologize.
Oh, that's OK, no bother.

I was hoping for a massive counter attack, nothing like a good set to
with an atheist for sharpening the mind.
Ted
2018-02-21 00:32:19 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and
external to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are
applicable to the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
I apologize.
Oh, that's OK, no bother.
I was hoping for a massive counter attack, nothing like a good set to
with an atheist for sharpening the mind.
You don't want me, then. I'm stupid and not really an atheist. But there
are some brilliant people here who will oblige you.
Svenne
2018-02-21 07:37:58 UTC
That would be really interesting, quite a challenge.
Svenne
2018-02-21 08:06:14 UTC
Post by Ted
You don't want me, then. I'm stupid and not really an atheist. But there
are some brilliant people here who will oblige you.
PS. Somebody who says they are stupid is not really stupid.

Stupid people tend to be subject to the Dunning–Kruger law, if that can
be taken to be a physical law. It seems to work quite well.
John Baker
2018-02-21 10:32:46 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to provide
evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
I didn't claim you did say it was evidence, Skippy. I merely pointed
out that it isn't, so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I
claimed. <G>
I apologize.
Smiler
2018-02-21 00:39:23 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and
external to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are
applicable to the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Non-existent things leave no evidence.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

---
Svenne
2018-02-21 07:43:19 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Non-existent things leave no evidence.
There is evidence of a universe, it's all around us and science spends
all its time investigating it. It would be interesting if somebody
explained how it all came into existence and why it is the way it is.
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-21 09:39:02 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Non-existent things leave no evidence.
There is evidence of a universe, it's all around us and science spends
all its time investigating it. It would be interesting if somebody
explained how it all came into existence and why it is the way it is.
The correct truthful answer is "We don't yet know". But regardless,
it is far more plausible that universe has always existed rather
than to assert that some god, far more complicated than a universe,
has itself always existed. (See 'Special Pleading' logic fallacy.)
Svenne
2018-02-21 10:15:02 UTC
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 01:39:02 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Non-existent things leave no evidence.
There is evidence of a universe, it's all around us and science spends
all its time investigating it. It would be interesting if somebody
explained how it all came into existence and why it is the way it is.
The correct truthful answer is "We don't yet know". But regardless,
it is far more plausible that universe has always existed rather than to
assert that some god, far more complicated than a universe,
has itself always existed. (See 'Special Pleading' logic fallacy.)
So you do accept there are things beyond the scope of your present
knowing. According to the best models there are the universe came into
existence around 14 billion years ago. It is reasonable to assume that
whatever it emerged from was hardly less complex than the universe that
emerged from it.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-21 11:53:31 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Non-existent things leave no evidence.
There is evidence of a universe, it's all around us and science spends
all its time investigating it. It would be interesting if somebody
explained how it all came into existence and why it is the way it is.
The correct truthful answer is "We don't yet know". But regardless,
it is far more plausible that universe has always existed rather than to
assert that some god, far more complicated than a universe,
has itself always existed. (See 'Special Pleading' logic fallacy.)
So you do accept there are things beyond the scope of your present
knowing. According to the best models there are the universe came into
existence around 14 billion years ago.
Those models were based on red shift data from many years ago. They just
extrapolated the data backwards and came to a point (as people tend to do in
those situations).

However, the theory assumes that the rate of movement away from our point of
reference was constant. This has been proved not to be the case. The distant
galaxies are accelerating away from us, and their acceleration rate appears
to be increasing.

If you extrapolate that backwards using the same principles, they would
decelerate - and if you went back far enough they should become stationary,
but not disappear altogether.

However, that would blow the current physics out of the water, until we
discover what exactly is making them accelerate.
emerged from it.
aaa
2018-02-21 08:24:48 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by John Baker
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and
external to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are
applicable to the universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
I didn't say it was evidence. I made it clear it is impossible to
provide evidence so you are quite mistaken about what you claim I said.
Non-existent things leave no evidence.
No. The spiritually existent doesn't have to leave physical evidence.

The blue whale in the sea doesn't have to leave its footprints in the
desert.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

2018-02-21 08:41:10 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
LOL indeed!

When one applies rules of logic/physics etc. one moves outside the domain of religion and theology. We have an unwarranted assumption regarding the universal applicability of these rules.

We know they apply within the known universe other wise we could never make sense of it. How about beyond it?
aaa
2018-02-21 07:06:10 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Somehow I don't think this qualifies as legit evidence...
It helps you to better understand what qualifies as evidence.

Ted
2018-02-20 22:38:49 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You do,
right?
Svenne
2018-02-20 23:43:28 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Ted
Sorry.
Svenne
2018-02-21 00:28:24 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Sorry.
Exploring the limits of knowledge is interesting and engaging
materialists and atheists is particularly interesting. It's fun giving
them a tough time. Much can be learned.

I liked the guy who brought up black holes as evidence that things beyond
the laws of physics can be proven to exist. Clever, an interesting line
of thought lies in that direction.
teresita
2018-02-21 01:14:57 UTC
Post by Svenne
I liked the guy who brought up black holes as evidence that things
beyond the laws of physics can be proven to exist.
Things beyond the current understanding of physics is what he means.
Planets were orbiting in ellipses even when the Greeks thought they moved
in epicycles.
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
Svenne
2018-02-21 07:49:08 UTC
That has always been my point. Physics is limited by physical constraints.
Smiler
2018-02-21 00:44:27 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

---
2018-02-21 01:06:05 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
what does 'beyond' mean?

perhaps you believe there is nothing outside some fence...
Svenne
2018-02-21 07:56:53 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
Nobody knows anything of what is beyond the universe, where it came from
and what caused it. It would be interesting if there were someone or
something, but in that respect science is sorely lacking.
aaa
2018-02-21 08:34:21 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
Nobody knows anything of what is beyond the universe, where it came from
and what caused it. It would be interesting if there were someone or
something, but in that respect science is sorely lacking.
It's not possible to know what's beyond the universe. In fact there is
nothing beyond the universe. However, the universe only exists in the
human mind. So it's quite possible to know what's beyond the human mind
instead. All it takes is a simple reflection or a sudden realization.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-21 09:56:45 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
Nobody knows anything of what is beyond the universe,
AFAIK, there is *only* the one universe, no "beyond the universe".

You pulled your god and now a 'beyond the universe" out your ass.

You're a self-confused goofball.
Svenne
2018-02-21 10:17:46 UTC
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 01:56:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
Nobody knows anything of what is beyond the universe,
AFAIK, there is *only* the one universe, no "beyond the universe".
You don't know that.
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
You pulled your god and now a 'beyond the universe" out your ass.
You're a self-confused goofball.
It is you who is unreasonably speculating beyond what you can possibly
know.
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-02-21 11:19:20 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
Nobody knows anything of what is beyond the universe,
AFAIK, there is *only* the one universe, no "beyond the universe".
Then you don't know very much!

The known universe is limited in size by time. It has to be if you think about it.

According to the cosmologists it began with the big bang which happened in the shortest instant. The echoes of this event are being picked up by radio telescopes as we speak. Since that instant the universe has expanded at the speed of light. This expansion can itself be observed via what is known as the Doppler effect in the light of distant stars and galaxies.

Big bang was the time when all matters was created. How we know not. It was also when time (a human perception) began. Indeed some scientist prefer to call big bang the t=0 moment.

We are therefore led towards a model of the universe that resembles and inflating party balloon. at the very skin of this balloon (the edge of 'our' universe) t is always equal to 0 an awesome realisation.

The bogey is that we can never reach the very edge of space since c = the speed/velocity of light sets a physical limit on how fast anything may travel (in our universe) That means that the edge of our universe is moving away from us at the same speed as we can only conceive we could attain.

For similar reasons, we cannot look beyond this edge.

This leaves room for speculation as to what lies beyond t=0 and what natural laws might apply there. The most attractive answer to this puzzle is not simply a another universe but an infinite number of them all behaving in the same or similar waysuggesting the concept of a multiverse.

Using 'earth logic' if you want to believe in God and heaven then there is plenty of room beyond the yonder for both.
aaa
2018-02-21 11:32:19 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing
at all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
Nobody knows anything of what is beyond the universe,
AFAIK, there is *only* the one universe, no "beyond the universe".
The universe is what's in your mind. What's beyond the universe is
what's beyond your mind. You can't find what's beyond the universe by
looking into the universe, but you can find what's beyond your mind by
looking within yourself.

There are a lot of things you can find beyond your intellectual mind.

aaa
2018-02-21 07:38:28 UTC
Post by Smiler
Post by Svenne
Post by Ted
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be
proven to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external
to it Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to
the universe and the stuff in it.
Exactly! And that's why you should also believe in flubdescrunts. You
do, right?
I never said I believed in anything, I merely said that the laws of
physics are limited to the universe and how it works and have nothing at
all to say about anything beyond it.
Your evidence that there is anything 'beyond the universe' is what?
Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
The evidence is the human mind. The universe is nothing but a reflection
or projection in the human mind. So anything beyond the universe is the
same as anything beyond the human mind. We can't look beyond the
universe, but we can always reflect on our human mind to realize what's
beyond(behind) our mind.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-21 08:56:32 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
So neither you nor anyone can have legitimate evidence of it.

Why do you just assume it exists? Most common reasons are parental
brainwashing (from birth), or some delusion like "believing makes
me feel good" or perhaps dreams or hallucinations.
saracene

saracene
2018-02-21 09:53:39 UTC
Post by saracene
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Q: Is there any verifiable evidence of any god(s)? Any at all?
A: Nope, none at all.
http://youtu.be/2YIO_dxyJio
Ghede and Erzulie exist. They manifest themselves by taking possession of susceptible subjects.
Svenne
2018-02-21 09:54:54 UTC
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 00:56:32 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
So neither you nor anyone can have legitimate evidence of it.
No evidence within the universe as described by the laws of physics
exists.

But the universe exists and conscious beings within that universe exist
and science cannot say a thing about those amazing facts beyond a few
descriptions of how they work. Perhaps they are the most relevant and
fundamental facts of all but science is completely at a loss to explain
them. Quite a limitation of science, but my position all along has been
concerned with the limited remit of science.
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Why do you just assume it exists? Most common reasons are parental
brainwashing (from birth), or some delusion like "believing makes me
feel good" or perhaps dreams or hallucinations.
Because modern science, as clever as it is, still has a very limited
scope and leaves much outside of itself which it cannot explain.
!! Atheist ------------------------------
2018-02-21 10:12:25 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
So neither you nor anyone can have legitimate evidence of it.
No evidence within the universe as described by the laws of physics
exists.
There is no "beyond the universe", dickhead.
Post by Svenne
But the universe exists and conscious beings within that universe exist
and science cannot say a thing about those amazing facts beyond a few
descriptions of how they work.
Science has said a lot, dickhead.
Post by Svenne
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Why do you just assume it exists? Most common reasons are parental
brainwashing (from birth), or some delusion like "believing makes me
feel good" or perhaps dreams or hallucinations.
Because modern science, as clever as it is, still has a very limited
scope and leaves much outside of itself which it cannot explain.
That is no reason to assume a god exists; you could just as
validly assume God-farting unicorns exist, you self-confused idiot?
Siri Cruise
2018-02-21 11:01:48 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
Who does the verifying?
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in alt.atheism.
On a related note nearly every scholar accepts the evidence that a Jesus of
Nazareth lived, preached, and was executed. And alt.atheism collectively
declared its collective wisdom was greater than scholars who had specialised in
that period and its documents so that all the evidence was fake or nonconclusive.

Sorry, kid, but you shewed your hand. Now everyone knows who the phonies are.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
aaa
2018-02-21 11:42:37 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Nope, none at all.
Post by Svenne
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Why do you just assume it exists? Most common reasons are parental
brainwashing (from birth), or some delusion like "believing makes me
feel good" or perhaps dreams or hallucinations.
Because modern science, as clever as it is, still has a very limited
scope and leaves much outside of itself which it cannot explain.
That is no reason to assume a god exists; you could just as
validly assume God-farting unicorns exist, you self-confused idiot?
Philosophy exists, and philosophy exists beyond science. Comparing with
philosophy, your beloved science knows very little about everything.
--
God's spiritual evidence:

johnny-knowall
2018-02-21 11:45:10 UTC
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Post by Svenne
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:32:45 -0800, !! Atheist
Post by !! Atheist ------------------------------
Nope, none at all.
However, any who think they have legit evidence please present in
alt.atheism.
Only stuff in the universe subject to the laws of physics can be proven
to exist. Since God is the creator of the universe and external to it
Gods existence cannot be proven by means which are applicable to the
universe and the stuff in it.
So neither you nor anyone can have legitimate evidence of it.
No evidence within the universe as described by the laws of physics
exists.
There is no "beyond the universe", dickhead.
There might be. Have you not considered the multiverse theory?
Post by Svenne
But the universe exists and conscious beings within that universe exist
and science cannot say a thing about those amazing facts beyond a few
descriptions of how they work.
Science has said a lot, dickhead.
Maybe, but science has only explained less than 10% of what must be there -
apart from making up names such as dark matter and dark energy for the
missing bits.