Top Tories "wisdom": Axing 20,000 police has no link to a gang violence wave
Add Reply
A. Filip
2018-04-08 20:37:29 UTC
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/top-tories-branded-naive-claiming-12325638
10:21, 8 APR 2018; Updated11:16, 8 APR 2018;
Top Tories branded 'naive' for claiming axing 20,000 police has no
link to a gang violence wave
Labour blasted Cabinet ministers Amber Rudd and Sajid Javid for saying
there is no evidence that austerity allowed crime to rise [...]
--
A. Filip
abelard
2018-04-08 21:25:13 UTC
Post by A. Filip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/top-tories-branded-naive-claiming-12325638
10:21, 8 APR 2018; Updated11:16, 8 APR 2018;
Top Tories branded 'naive' for claiming axing 20,000 police has no
link to a gang violence wave
Labour blasted Cabinet ministers Amber Rudd and Sajid Javid for saying
there is no evidence that austerity allowed crime to rise [...]
they're busy chasing motorists
Do you have any evidence that there *is* any link beween reduced police numbers and increased gang activity.
A. Filip
2018-04-08 22:05:49 UTC
Post by A. Filip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/top-tories-branded-naive-claiming-12325638
10:21, 8 APR 2018; Updated11:16, 8 APR 2018;
Top Tories branded 'naive' for claiming axing 20,000 police has no
link to a gang violence wave
Labour blasted Cabinet ministers Amber Rudd and Sajid Javid for saying
there is no evidence that austerity allowed crime to rise [...]
Do you have any evidence that there *is* any link beween reduced
police numbers and increased gang activity.
IMHO The link is as obvious as Putin's guilt in Skripal case.
How do you dare to demand proofs "just like Putin"?! :-)

The link may be "not too strong". No link whatsoever is _very_ unlikely IMHO.
--
A. Filip
m***@btopenworld.com
2018-04-09 08:29:57 UTC
Post by A. Filip
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Do you have any evidence that there *is* any link beween reduced
police numbers and increased gang activity.
IMHO The link is as obvious as Putin's guilt in Skripal case.
How do you dare to demand proofs "just like Putin"?! :-)
The link may be "not too strong". No link whatsoever is _very_ unlikely IMHO.
But we are not talking about the Skripal case where, incidentally, several battalions of police on the streets would have not made the slightest difference since that particular attack was targeted as it seems most of these attacks are.

I was alluding to the fact that although it may well be the case that there are fewer bobbies on the streets than was once the case, they are much better equipped and supported.

They were better inter connected, they are more mobile, they have resort to technologies like CCTV body cams, ANPR, DNA and forensic analysis, In my youth, coppers wandered about on foot or on bikes, their means of communication were a whistle and they met with other coppers at re-arranged interviews call 'points' where they exchanged information verbally and/or communicated with their station through a system of fixed telephones.

The days of Sgt. Dixon are indeed over for 2 reasons He was too inefficient and too expensive. Todays modern police officer is much better equipped than he was and that must continue to be the way forward, building on and improving present technologies of law enforcement.

Trying to outnumber the rogues in our midst is futile. First of all they are already outnumbered. Most people live their entire lives without ever coming into conflict with the law. Second it is the rogue who chooses the area of his activity and no police officer can be in two places at once.
Vidcapper
2018-04-09 07:05:16 UTC
Post by A. Filip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/top-tories-branded-naive-claiming-12325638
10:21, 8 APR 2018; Updated11:16, 8 APR 2018;
Top Tories branded 'naive' for claiming axing 20,000 police has no
link to a gang violence wave
Labour blasted Cabinet ministers Amber Rudd and Sajid Javid for saying
there is no evidence that austerity allowed crime to rise [...]
Do you have any evidence that there *is* any link beween reduced police numbers and increased gang activity.
I suspect it's more a case of the police being instructed to scale down
'Stop & Search' for PC reasons, i.e. the same sort of logic that led to
problems in Rotherham, Rochdale & Telford...
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham