Boris survey
Mark, Devon
2017-09-10 10:24:05 UTC
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 = useless, 10 = outstanding.

For me, it's a 2.
7
2017-09-10 11:25:12 UTC
-10
abelard
2017-09-10 10:26:02 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 03:24:05 -0700 (PDT), "Mark, Devon"
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 = useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
i'll agree that you are a 2...i'm feeling generous today
Mark, Devon
2017-09-10 11:28:54 UTC
You shouldn't allow feelings to impact on logic.
7
2017-09-10 11:31:58 UTC
-200
James Harris
2017-09-10 12:07:54 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 = useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
Unless he is very clever and has a strategy with hidden leverage (which
I suspect he is not and does not) I would also give him a 2.
James Harris
abelard
2017-09-10 12:17:51 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 13:07:54 +0100, James Harris
Post by James Harris
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 = useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
Unless he is very clever and has a strategy with hidden leverage (which
I suspect he is not and does not) I would also give him a 2.
that you cannot see it does not mean that it isn't there...
James Harris
2017-09-10 12:27:01 UTC
Post by James Harris
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 = useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
Unless he is very clever and has a strategy with hidden leverage (which
I suspect he is not and does not) I would also give him a 2.
that you cannot see it does not mean that it isn't there...
Hence "suspect" rather than "know".

Perhaps "very strongly suspect" would be more accurate - but still needs
more emphasis! In fact, BoJo's loose comments may have done more harm
than good. Can't tell yet. We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out.
James Harris
abelard
2017-09-10 12:33:42 UTC
Post by James Harris
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 = useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
Unless he is very clever and has a strategy with hidden leverage (which
I suspect he is not and does not) I would also give him a 2.
that you cannot see it does not mean that it isn't there...
Hence "suspect" rather than "know".
Perhaps "very strongly suspect" would be more accurate - but still needs
more emphasis! In fact, BoJo's loose comments may have done more harm
than good. Can't tell yet. We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out.
he covers his intelligence by playing the clown...

there are some very big things at stake internationally

his biggest worry is probably china...not the pissants of the eussr..
there's a whole mess of sliding puzzle pieces...

meanwhile he obviously hopes to keep leadership as an option...

two fellows in the jungle faced with a bear and one starts
to run...
his mate says..'you can't out run a bear'...
he replies...'i don't have to, i only have to out run you'

the politicians isn't after your vote...he just wants more
idiots to vote for him than the other candidate/s
boris knows how to be popular...
Mark, Devon
2017-09-10 17:58:19 UTC
Basically Boris is a product of privilege. He has the 'gift of the gab' but is little more.
abelard
2017-09-10 18:16:54 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 10:58:19 -0700 (PDT), "Mark, Devon"
Post by Mark, Devon
Basically Boris is a product of privilege. He has the 'gift of the gab' but is little more.
as if you'd know
Mark, Devon
2017-09-10 21:13:13 UTC
And tell us Abbie....what's your view on global warming these days? And Trump's position on it.
abelard
2017-09-11 08:00:38 UTC
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 14:13:13 -0700 (PDT), "Mark, Devon"
Post by Mark, Devon
And tell us Abbie....what's your view on global warming these days? And Trump's position on it.
you are so keen to change the subject...

nobody sane believes that there is no human driven global warming...
but a bit of warming is likely to be a net positive...

like any politician trump has to get the votes of idiots...i don't
read minds...
2017-09-11 10:58:44 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Basically Boris is a product of privilege. He has the 'gift of the gab' but is little more.
You mean he didn't get a Kings scholarship to Eton nor an open scholarship to Baliol?

Or do you regard these as 'products of privilege'?
Mark, Devon
2017-09-11 16:35:08 UTC
It is plain and obvious that Boris has had advantages in life that have accelerated him to positions of power that are clearly above his capabilities. He is...the type of privileged person who you still see at times in the civil service higher levels...privilege of coming from a background of knowing people in the right places, and being 'placed/helped' into positions beyond either their capability or way above their achievements to date, or both...these sort of people have to rely totally on those under them to survive....and some are smart enough at least to know this. But not Boris...his ego and inability are both too high. If he should ever lead the Tory party then they are doomed.
m***@btopenworld.com
2017-09-11 18:33:42 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
You mean he didn't get a Kings scholarship to Eton nor an open scholarship to Baliol?
Or do you regard these as 'products of privilege'?>>
It is plain and obvious that Boris has had advantages in life that have accelerated him to positions of power that are clearly above his capabilities.
No it isn't!

The 'privileges' 'Eton and Baliol' he earned through open scholarship. Do you know what that means? He never cost his parents a penny for his 'privileged' education. He took advantage of an opportunity that was available to you had you the talent.

No doubt some of his pals a Eton (and a Baliol) had very rich parents maybe even landed gentry, tycoons, bankers etc,

Boris' dad was an administrator with the EU and his mum an artist. Not very grand at all. He sent to state primary schools before prep school. His prep school fees were probably met by the EU as part of his father's salary package. That's a common practice in the diplomatic service.

Two of my grandsons went to International schools. Very expensive, but it was Dad's company not Dad who picked up the bill.

MM
2017-09-12 11:35:44 UTC
Post by Mark, Devon
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
[...]
And now here is the real story:

"Born in New York City to wealthy upper-middle class English parents,
Johnson was educated at the European School of Brussels, Ashdown House
School, and Eton College. He studied Classics at Balliol College,
Oxford, where he was elected president of the Oxford Union in 1986. He
began his career in journalism at The Times but was sacked for
falsifying a quotation."

An aside from MM: Shades of £350m to come, eh!

"Stanley's [father of Boris] paternal grandfather was
Circassian-Turkish journalist Ali Kemal, while his other ancestry is
English, German and French. A 2008 episode of BBC's Who Do You Think
You Are? claimed that his German 3rd great-grandmother Karoline von
Rothenburg was the illegitimate daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg
by an actress; the prince was himself a descendant of King George II
of Great Britain and King Frederick William I of Prussia."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

So he's a bit of a mongrel, really.

MM

---
http://www.avg.com

Ophelia
2017-09-10 13:19:00 UTC
Post by James Harris
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 =
useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
Unless he is very clever and has a strategy with hidden leverage (which
I suspect he is not and does not) I would also give him a 2.
that you cannot see it does not mean that it isn't there...
Hence "suspect" rather than "know".

Perhaps "very strongly suspect" would be more accurate - but still needs
more emphasis! In fact, BoJo's loose comments may have done more harm
than good. Can't tell yet. We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out.

James Harris

==

I hate to say so but he comes across as a bit of a buffoon. I don't know if
that is what he wants and is hiding superb intelligence, but it doesn't seem
to be doing him much good.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Col
2017-09-10 13:42:55 UTC
Post by James Harris
Post by Mark, Devon
So, how do you think Boris is performing so far? Out of ten. 1 =
useless, 10 = outstanding.
For me, it's a 2.
Unless he is very clever and has a strategy with hidden leverage (which
I suspect he is not and does not) I would also give him a 2.
that you cannot see it does not mean that it isn't there...
Hence "suspect" rather than "know".
Perhaps "very strongly suspect" would be more accurate - but still needs
more emphasis! In fact, BoJo's loose comments may have done more harm
than good. Can't tell yet. We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out.
James Harris
==
I hate to say so but he comes across as a bit of a buffoon.  I don't
know if that is what he wants and is hiding superb intelligence, but it
doesn't seem to be doing him much good.
Boris? A bit of a buffoon?
You mean you've only just noticed??
--