Soft Brexit is just a euphemism for staying in the EU
2017-07-17 12:11:03 UTC
Lord Tebbit can be relied upon to put his finger on reality.

"The form that the UK’s departure from the EU will take lies somewhere between the poles of so-called “hard’ and “soft” Brexits.

He went on to list hard Brexit, extreme Brexit, and soft Brexit, before asking the Minister for Exiting The European Union, Baroness Anelay, if she would "explain to the House the difference between soft Brexit and remaining in the European Union."

The minister replying to his question sidestepped it, saying that she wanted to talk about a "successful Brexit"

I think I would try to explain it all by the analogy of the cat which had decided to leave the house in which it had been living, but became stuck in the cat flap -- head in the clean fresh air and backside still in the kitchen. That is what the Remoaners would now call Flexit.

In their hearts they mostly understand all this perfectly well but hope that behind their smoke screen of confusion they can frustrate the will of the voters and keep this Kingdom under the rule of Brussels.

That tactic was used rather well by Lord Dykes who spoke of " the reality that the Brexit mandate ....no longer exists" and suggested that the Government should "listen to the increasing advice from all sections of the population that we remain a member of the European Union."
James Harris
2017-07-17 12:23:14 UTC
[...]
People in all walks of life can be delusional.

Your post reminds me of the oft-repeated, rarely challenged phrase: "The
government has no mandate for a hard Brexit". In reality, a so-called
hard Brexit is about leaving the EU - which is exactly what the
government has a mandate to deliver. If anything, they have no mandate
to keep us half in the EU - a la your cat. It would be closer to reality
to say there is no mandate for a soft/fake/synthetic Brexit.
James Harris
7
2017-07-17 14:44:37 UTC
Post by James Harris
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
[...]
The government does not even have a mandate to negotiate Brexshit!!

It was handed that verdict at the last election leaving no one
party in power to negotiate Brexshit. What they are doing selling the
UK down the river and offering ransom payments to EU is treason
as they don't have a mandate.

They will have to be brought in for questioning by Parliamentary
Security and all their assets seized if they so much as sell
one used paper-clip. The office of The Queen is entitled to
do this on behalf of its electorate.
Neo Fortune
2017-07-17 13:02:35 UTC
The government should raise the min wage to £10 per hour

It would encourage spending creating more jobs

Plus people will pay more tax creating abundance rather than the pointless austerity
m***@btopenworld.com
2017-07-17 13:11:17 UTC
Post by Neo Fortune
The government should raise the min wage to £10 per hour
It would encourage spending creating more jobs
Plus people will pay more tax creating abundance rather than the pointless austerity
and what has this to do with Brexit?

You are off Topic
Neo Fortune
2017-07-17 13:36:50 UTC
Post by Neo Fortune
The government should raise the min wage to £10 per hour
It would encourage spending creating more jobs
Plus people will pay more tax creating abundance rather than the pointless austerity
and what has this to do with Brexit?
You are off Topic
How can talking about our economy be off topic

Theresa May and her cronies don't have a clue

If we want to leave the EU we should leave this year with my plan

The rest of Europe will eventually crumble

There is no need for a United States Of Europe
abelard
2017-07-17 16:02:34 UTC
On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:36:50 -0700 (PDT), Neo Fortune
Post by Neo Fortune
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Post by Neo Fortune
The government should raise the min wage to £10 per hour
It would encourage spending creating more jobs
Plus people will pay more tax creating abundance rather than the pointless austerity
and what has this to do with Brexit?
You are off Topic
How can talking about our economy be off topic
brexit is a political project....it has absolutely nothing
to do with 'economics'...

going on about 'economics' is just a means to confuse and mystify
ther real political objective

anyone who goes on about 'economics' has lost the plot
JNugent
2017-07-18 01:41:02 UTC
Post by Neo Fortune
The government should raise the min wage to £10 per hour
It'll get there eventually.
Post by Neo Fortune
It would encourage spending creating more jobs
Plus people will pay more tax creating abundance rather than the pointless austerity
Let's get this straight... don't forget that the government is a large
employer of low-income workers in menial and manual jobs...

Given a marginal tax rate on low paid workers of 32% (20% tax and 12%v
NI), the Treasury hands out £x extra per year and gets back (in tax and
NI) £x ÷ 5.

That's what you call "more tax", is it?

BurfordTJustice