Welcoming the state into the bedroom...
DoD
2018-05-15 22:06:21 UTC
Britain is implementing a law that would force people to get a permit from
the state before viewing pornography.

On the one hand, I really think the mainstreaming of porn has been terrible
for society. We would better off in many, many ways if porn were still
considered sleazy and taboo. For one thing, watching porn would be more of a
thrill. I mean, the fact that every hausfrau thinks nothing of watching a
video gangbang really takes the edge off.

On the other hand, (see, I'm so into this topic I'm using both hands), the
idea of asking the Government for permission to watch pornography is wrong
on just as many levels.

I'm not offering any solutions, just pointing out how effed up this whole
situation is.

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2018/05/15/welcoming-the-state-into-the-bedroom/
--
Cvrsta ruka i postenje
Sveta voda i krstenje

Nedaj na se, nedaj svoje
Nemoj tude, prokleto je
Jer ko zivot tako prode
Ponosan pred Boga dode

Gdje god da te zivot nosi
Uvijek moras znati tko si, hej

Geni, geni kameni
Vatra gori u meni
Geni, geni kameni
Takvi smo mi rodeni
Incubus
2018-05-16 08:44:53 UTC
Post by DoD
Britain is implementing a law that would force people to get a permit from
the state before viewing pornography.
On the one hand, I really think the mainstreaming of porn has been terrible
for society. We would better off in many, many ways if porn were still
considered sleazy and taboo. For one thing, watching porn would be more of a
thrill. I mean, the fact that every hausfrau thinks nothing of watching a
video gangbang really takes the edge off.
On the other hand, (see, I'm so into this topic I'm using both hands), the
idea of asking the Government for permission to watch pornography is wrong on
just as many levels.
I'm not offering any solutions, just pointing out how effed up this whole
situation is.
http://www.gaypatriot.net/2018/05/15/welcoming-the-state-into-the-bedroom/
I note that the BBFC are overseeing the whole thing. What could possibly go
wrong? The BBFC should have been abolished a long time ago.
johnny-knowall
Mary Shitehouse will be cheering from her grave.
Mr. B1ack
2018-05-16 21:39:44 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by DoD
[...]
This does open the door to some very amusing
and creative ways of totally thwarting The (puritan)
State .... prepare a "pornocalypse" of little porn
leaflets, broadcast cut-ins, even project it on
the clouds and buildings. It's a kind of resistance
the regular folks could really get into. Keep it up
until the State (which seems to have been taken
over by ISIL fundy-extremist types) has to give in.
It'll make for a great movie afterwards :-)
Joe
2018-05-17 07:15:07 UTC
On Wed, 16 May 2018 17:39:44 -0400
Post by Mr. B1ack
Post by johnny-knowall
I note that the BBFC are overseeing the whole thing. What could
possibly go wrong? The BBFC should have been abolished a long time
ago.
Mary Shitehouse will be cheering from her grave.
This does open the door to some very amusing
and creative ways of totally thwarting The (puritan)
State .... prepare a "pornocalypse" of little porn
leaflets, broadcast cut-ins, even project it on
the clouds and buildings. It's a kind of resistance
the regular folks could really get into. Keep it up
until the State (which seems to have been taken
over by ISIL fundy-extremist types) has to give in.
It'll make for a great movie afterwards :-)
The state, as you know very well, doesn't give a damn about
pornography. The idea is to control *everything* that *everyone* can
read, watch, etc.
Mr. B1ack
2018-05-19 06:34:15 UTC
Post by Mr. B1ack
Post by johnny-knowall
I note that the BBFC are overseeing the whole thing. What could
possibly go wrong? The BBFC should have been abolished a long time
ago.
Mary Shitehouse will be cheering from her grave.
This does open the door to some very amusing
and creative ways of totally thwarting The (puritan)
State .... prepare a "pornocalypse" of little porn
leaflets, broadcast cut-ins, even project it on
the clouds and buildings. It's a kind of resistance
the regular folks could really get into. Keep it up
until the State (which seems to have been taken
over by ISIL fundy-extremist types) has to give in.
It'll make for a great movie afterwards :-)
The state, as you know very well, doesn't give a damn about
pornography. The idea is to control *everything* that *everyone* can
read, watch, etc.
Of course ... "reality control".

But it CAN be thwarted - and doing so
can even be rather fun.

True Blue
2018-05-17 08:52:56 UTC
"Prodded by children’s charities, the government wants to tighten things up."

https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/04/24/online-porn-will-soon-require-age-checks-in-britain

Ahhh....those "charities". Lobbying the government, to do what the government wants to do anyway.