Yes, 'Islam is part of our history' ...but hardly in the way that European elites claim.
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-07 22:43:15 UTC
YES, "ISLAM IS PART OF OUR HISTORY"

.. but hardly in the way that European elites claim.

By Raymond Ibrahim
Frontpage Mag, frontpagemag.com
April 6, 2018

Raymond Ibrahim is a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz
Freedom Center

European Commission First Vice-President Frans Timmermans
recently chaired a roundtable with ten Muslim imams from
six EU Member States (Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany,
Italy and The Netherlands).  Afterwards Timmermans
announced that "the Commission is strongly committed to
promoting diversity in Europe. Islam is part of our
history, Islam is part of our present and Islam will be
part of our future."

Such assertions are as true as the assumptions they are
based on -- and whether such assumptions are grounded in
historical facts or fictions. In prefacing his claims about
Islam's historic role in Europe by saying "the Commission
is strongly committed to promoting diversity in Europe," it
is clear which perception Timmermans is invoking.

The true, historically documented role that Islam played
has a much different story to tell: in the early seventh
century, sword-waving Arabs burst out of the Arabian
Peninsula and in a few decades conquered some two-thirds of
what then constituted the Christian world -- from Syria and
Egypt in the east to Carthage and Spain in the west and
everything in between.  One hundred years after the death
of their prophet (traditionally dated to 632), they were in
the heart of France where, thanks to their defeat at Tours
in 732, and other Frankish victories, the whole of Europe
was also not conquered.

Continues at:

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269802/yes-islam-part-our-history-raymond-ibrahim

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-07 22:52:55 UTC
Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> YES, "ISLAM IS PART OF OUR HISTORY"
>
> ... but hardly in the way that European elites claim.
>
> By Raymond Ibrahim
> Frontpage Mag, frontpagemag.com
> April 6, 2018
>
> Raymond Ibrahim is a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz
> Freedom Center
>
> European Commission First Vice-President Frans Timmermans
> recently chaired a roundtable with ten Muslim imams from
> six EU Member States (Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany,
> Italy and The Netherlands).  Afterwards Timmermans
> announced that "the Commission is strongly committed to
> promoting diversity in Europe. Islam is part of our
> history, Islam is part of our present and Islam will be
> part of our future."
>
> Such assertions are as true as the assumptions they are
> based on -- and whether such assumptions are grounded in
> historical facts or fictions. In prefacing his claims about
> Islam's historic role in Europe by saying "the Commission
> is strongly committed to promoting diversity in Europe," it
> is clear which perception Timmermans is invoking.
>
> The true, historically documented role that Islam played
> has a much different story to tell: in the early seventh
> century, sword-waving Arabs burst out of the Arabian
> Peninsula and in a few decades conquered some two-thirds of
> what then constituted the Christian world -- from Syria and
> Egypt in the east to Carthage and Spain in the west and
> everything in between.  One hundred years after the death
> of their prophet (traditionally dated to 632), they were in
> the heart of France where, thanks to their defeat at Tours
> in 732, and other Frankish victories, the whole of Europe
> was also not conquered.
>
> Continues at:
>
> https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269802/yes-islam-part-our-history-raymond-ibrahim

Forwarded post:

Sword and Scimitar: Fourteen Centuries of War between Islam
and the West.

https://www.amazon.com/Sword-Scimitar-Fourteen-Centuries-between/dp/0306825554/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523026093&sr=1-1&keywords=Sword+and+Scimitar%3A+Fourteen+Centuries+of+War+between+Islam+and+the+West

Free with the kindle app download else $18 kindle edition
or $27 hardcover, 288 pages.

Posted by PIF

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi