‘Mein Kampf’ sells well on first reprint since World War
2020-01-08 18:04:49 UTC
www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/mein-kampf-sells-well-on-first-reprint-since-world-war-1.2924899
More than 80,000 copies of book outlining Hitler’s ideology sold in 12
months in Germany
Anytime you want to popularize anything, just make it "controversial"...
Siri Cruise
2020-01-08 19:09:01 UTC
www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/mein-kampf-sells-well-on-first-reprint-
since-world-war-1.2924899
More than 80,000 copies of book outlining Hitler’s ideology sold in 12
months in Germany
Anytime you want to popularize anything, just make it "controversial"...
I tried reading an english translation. I didn't get too far
because it was too tedious and boring.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
2020-01-09 00:59:48 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Byker
www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/mein-kampf-sells-well-on-first-reprint-
since-world-war-1.2924899
More than 80,000 copies of book outlining Hitler’s ideology sold in 12
months in Germany
Anytime you want to popularize anything, just make it "controversial"...
I tried reading an english translation. I didn't get too far
because it was too tedious and boring.
Indeed. I recall looking - out of curiosity - at an English translation
in the university library (circa 1979) and quickly deciding that it was
even less interesting than "Das Kapital".
abelard
2020-01-09 14:10:56 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Byker
www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/mein-kampf-sells-well-on-first-reprint-
since-world-war-1.2924899
More than 80,000 copies of book outlining Hitler’s ideology sold in 12
months in Germany
Anytime you want to popularize anything, just make it "controversial"...
I tried reading an english translation. I didn't get too far
because it was too tedious and boring.
Indeed. I recall looking - out of curiosity - at an English translation
in the university library (circa 1979) and quickly deciding that it was
even less interesting than "Das Kapital".
indeed..and that is quite tough ask
True Blue
Although I haven't read Das Kapital, Mein Kampf was unbelievably tedious.
JNugent
2020-01-09 00:58:12 UTC
www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/mein-kampf-sells-well-on-first-reprint-since-world-war-1.2924899
More than 80,000 copies of book outlining Hitler’s ideology sold in 12
months in Germany
Anytime you want to popularize anything, just make it "controversial"...
I am certain that "Mein Kampf" has been reprinted several times since
World War 2.

There was a copy (in English) in a St Helens branch library back in the
second half of the 1970s, and it was definitely not 30+ years old.
Likewise, there was a copy in the Humanities library at Liverpool
Polytechnic (now John Moores University) at about the same time. It too
was in English and was a relatively new copy.
p***@gmail.com
2020-01-09 20:12:23 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Byker
www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/mein-kampf-sells-well-on-first-reprint-since-world-war-1.2924899
More than 80,000 copies of book outlining Hitler’s ideology sold in 12
months in Germany
Anytime you want to popularize anything, just make it "controversial"...
I am certain that "Mein Kampf" has been reprinted several times since
World War 2.
A British Library search shows a Pimlico 1992 edition ISBN 071265254X at least

Patrick