Praise Nature for the Potato
2020-02-09 23:48:46 UTC
What would be of humanity without the potato?

https://imgflip.com/gif/3onf1r

Then why not pray to the potato?

#GoBananaRevolution

THE JUNGLE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/export?format=pdf
Ned Latham
2020-02-10 00:09:55 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
What would be of humanity without the potato?
No change worth noting.
'Cos it won't give a bowl of ice cream.
JNugent
2020-02-10 01:57:26 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
What would be of humanity without the potato?
No change worth noting.
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
https://imgflip.com/gif/3onf1r
Then why not pray to the potato?
'Cos it won't give a bowl of ice cream.
Spooky!

An aged friend of mine was evacuated from London to Newquay during WW2.
He told me that a local (Italian!) ice-cream maker made very acceptable
ice-cream from potato.

I asked whether he was able to get supplies of sugar. Apparently he was.
Ned Latham
Oof! Spooky indeed.
Andy Walker
2020-02-10 14:51:58 UTC
Post by JNugent
An aged friend of mine was evacuated from London to Newquay during
WW2. He told me that a local (Italian!) ice-cream maker made very
acceptable ice-cream from potato.
You can make "very acceptable" ice-cream from practically
anything eatable/drinkable, as long as you get the right sugar
content for the fat content and the right consistency. There are
books that explain how to do this, then you're away. You eat it
cold so the normal taste is only moderately relevant.
--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.
JNugent
2020-02-18 09:43:39 UTC
Post by JNugent
An aged friend of mine was evacuated from London to Newquay during
WW2. He told me that a local (Italian!) ice-cream maker made very
acceptable ice-cream from potato.
    You can make "very acceptable" ice-cream from practically
anything eatable/drinkable, as long as you get the right sugar
content for the fat content and the right consistency.  There are
books that explain how to do this, then you're away.  You eat it
cold so the normal taste is only moderately relevant.
Interesting.

I might try it.