New 50p celebrates diversity
2020-10-17 12:29:07 UTC
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pence-coin-diversity-Britain
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Annette (Peacock) & Paul Bley - 1972 - Dual Unity
Peter
2020-10-17 13:36:22 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Mr Jet, what is this 'diversity' that one hears so much about, and what
does it mean, to 'celebrate' it?
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
Incubus
2020-10-19 10:26:18 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our democracy,
legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it without you.
Pamela
2020-10-19 11:01:43 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-
pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our
democracy, legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it
without you.
For a moment I thought the new 50p coin may have one side blackened.
Political correctness knows no bounds!
Basil Jet
2020-10-19 11:29:53 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Incubus
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-
pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our
democracy, legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it
without you.
For a moment I thought the new 50p coin may have one side blackened.
Political correctness knows no bounds!
If it was 100% black, that would be more diverse.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Bongwater - 1992 - The Big Sell-Out
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
2020-10-19 13:39:50 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Pamela
Post by Incubus
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-
pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our
democracy, legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it
without you.
For a moment I thought the new 50p coin may have one side blackened.
Political correctness knows no bounds!
If it was 100% black, that would be more diverse.
Actually, 100% black (like most of South East London) is anything but
diverse. In fact, it's homogenous.
KKKernal Corn
2020-10-19 13:43:15 UTC
On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:26:18 -0000 (UTC), Incubus
Post by Incubus
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our democracy,
legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it without you.
Railways? Couldn't have done it without the input from the Empire
Windrush. Don't you recall the words from 'Oh island in de sun'?

"All my days I will sing in praise
Ob de National Assistance and British Railways"
Col
2020-10-19 16:23:32 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pence-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our democracy,
legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it without you.
Those things were well established long before those groups arrived in
this country in any meaningful numbers though.
Col
Incubus
That was rather my point.
Keema's Nan
2020-10-19 17:22:12 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Incubus
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pe
nce-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our democracy,
legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it without you.
Those things were well established long before those groups arrived in
this country in any meaningful numbers though.
That was rather my point.
Some folk wouldn’t recognise sarcasm even if you hit them in the face with
it.
Basil Jet
2020-10-19 17:59:28 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Incubus
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-pe
nce-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our democracy,
legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it without you.
Those things were well established long before those groups arrived in
this country in any meaningful numbers though.
That was rather my point.
Some folk wouldn’t recognise sarcasm even if you hit them in the face with
it.
This thread has had 3 examples of such people already!
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Towa Tei - 1997 - Sound Museum
Keema's Nan
2020-10-19 20:10:47 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Col
Post by Incubus
Post by Basil Jet
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1348734/the-royal-mint-new-50-
pe
nce-coin-diversity-Britain
Thanks to all the Somalians, West Indians, Pakistanis etc. for our
democracy,
legal system, railways, energy etc. We couldn't have done it without you.
Those things were well established long before those groups arrived in
this country in any meaningful numbers though.
That was rather my point.
Some folk wouldn’t recognise sarcasm even if you hit them in the face with
it.
This thread has had 3 examples of such people already!
Isn’t that the last resort of a cad?

I challenge you to pistols at dawn - sir!