Patreon crashing and burning
2020-07-31 19:25:48 UTC
If you were a Patreon funder of someone who was kicked off the platform,
you can take part in the feeding frenzy for the small sum of 250 USD.

Patreon have to pay such ruinous fees to the arbitrater they probably
won't be able to survive, all because they broke their own terms and
conditions in order to chuck all non-communists off their platform.

None of the mainstream news channels seem to be carrying this yet.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Zero 7 - 2006 - The Garden
jon
2020-08-01 07:37:10 UTC
http://youtu.be/jvA05bOCQVk
Who ?
Keema's Nan
2020-08-01 09:01:31 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
If you were a Patreon funder of someone who was kicked off the platform,
you can take part in the feeding frenzy for the small sum of 250 USD.
Patreon have to pay such ruinous fees to the arbitrater they probably
won't be able to survive, all because they broke their own terms and
conditions in order to chuck all non-communists off their platform.
None of the mainstream news channels seem to be carrying this yet.
http://youtu.be/jvA05bOCQVk
Who ?
Never heard of Patreon, but it appears to be a way that serious attention
seekers can fund their preferred lifestyles by extracting money from assorted
pseuds who have no sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patreon
c***@gmail.com
2020-08-02 15:55:38 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
http://youtu.be/jvA05bOCQVk
Who ?
Indeed; I have no clue what "Patreon" is.

Also, I had to Google "Tik Tok" the other day to find out what the fuss was all about.

I feel so old........

Pancho
2020-08-02 13:46:07 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
If you were a Patreon funder of someone who was kicked off the platform,
you can take part in the feeding frenzy for the small sum of 250 USD.
Patreon have to pay such ruinous fees to the arbitrater they probably
won't be able to survive, all because they broke their own terms and
conditions in order to chuck all non-communists off their platform.
None of the mainstream news channels seem to be carrying this yet.
http://youtu.be/jvA05bOCQVk
I think this is overstated. I don't think that many people will stump up
$250 just to fuck Patreon up. So fees look to be in a region Patreon can
pay, and Patreon might not even have to pay them.

Carl Benjamin is not the sharpest tool in the box.

Please don't take this as support for Patreon, I think they are a
company with little reason to exist.
Keema's Nan
2020-08-02 14:08:59 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Basil Jet
If you were a Patreon funder of someone who was kicked off the platform,
you can take part in the feeding frenzy for the small sum of 250 USD.
Patreon have to pay such ruinous fees to the arbitrater they probably
won't be able to survive, all because they broke their own terms and
conditions in order to chuck all non-communists off their platform.
None of the mainstream news channels seem to be carrying this yet.
http://youtu.be/jvA05bOCQVk
I think this is overstated. I don't think that many people will stump up
$250 just to fuck Patreon up. So fees look to be in a region Patreon can
pay, and Patreon might not even have to pay them.
Carl Benjamin is not the sharpest tool in the box.
Please don't take this as support for Patreon, I think they are a
company with little reason to exist.
They seem to be a company hoping to be bought out for far more than they are
worth, by one of the big internet multinationals.

Nice work if you can get it.