The fury and the petulance....
True Blue
2020-01-13 17:09:36 UTC
Oh, dear - this is the hissy-est Graun article I've seen in some time.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/12/ricky-gervais-and-jeremy-clarkson-are-no-laughing-matter

"Last week, in a much-needed and well-timed satire of snowflake hand-wringing over the Australian bush fires, the Sun’s politically incorrect columnist Jeremy Clarkson declared the continent unfit for human habitation and welcomed scorched whiteys back to the motherland, unaccompanied minors and all."

[...]

...and it goes on. Who is Stewart Lee?
Incubus
2020-01-13 17:31:02 UTC
Post by True Blue
Oh, dear - this is the hissy-est Graun article I've seen in some time.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/12/ricky-gervais-and-jeremy-clarkson-are-no-laughing-matter
"Last week, in a much-needed and well-timed satire of snowflake hand-wringing over the Australian bush fires, the Sun’s politically incorrect columnist Jeremy Clarkson declared the continent unfit for human habitation and welcomed scorched whiteys back to the motherland, unaccompanied minors and all."
[...]
...and it goes on. Who is Stewart Lee?
This chap?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Lee

I thought he was a Charlie Brooker psuedonym at first.
True Blue
Ah yes, that's him. Woke as they come, it seems. His "article" is even accompanied with a wickle cartoon of one of Clarkson's favourite cars replete with swastikas, just so we are under no illusion as to what lies behind this "offence".
Incubus
2020-01-14 09:53:06 UTC
Post by True Blue
Post by Incubus
Post by True Blue
[...]
I thought it was laughably bad even by The Guardian's standards. It seems he's
trying to cause as much offence as possible, presumably so he can call us
"snowflakes" and "fragile". I still think telling someone to off themselves
should be off limits.