The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Add Reply
RH156RH
2021-01-10 11:01:49 UTC
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/

The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020

Robert Henderson

Comparisons between the UK in 1940 and the UK in 2020 are understandable but mistaken because these are two very different societies .

To begin with the psychological/sociological situations are different. The threat is 1940 was one that everyone could understand, large numbers from their experience in the Great War. There was a clear enemy in 1940 .

The coronavirus threat is an open ended one which the ordinary person cannot do much to protect themselves, not least because the virus is subject to mutation.

The war in 1940 brought full employment . For a generation which had gone through the privations of the 1930s and the Great Depression this was both an opportunity to bring in a decent regular wage and to have their days filled with useful work, the latter playing into the sense of a collective war effort. Today people +are experiencing the reverse with fears of lost work and much of the work done being done is not done in the workplace but in the home. That is isolating.

Another big difference between then and now is that far from neglecting the Nazi threat in the 1930s, the UK government had made considerable preparations for war , for example the development and manufacture of high performance fights (Spitfires and Hurricanes), the development of radar and four engines heavy bombers (Lancaster, (entered service 1942) Stirling (entered service 1941) , Halifax (entered service 1940. It is worth noting that the Germans never developed a reliable heavy bomber, the nearest they got to it was the ill fated Heinkel Greif (Griffin) 177 .

Equally important was the rationing system for food and other essentials which was up and running in 1939. The British state was much better prepared to meet the 1940 emergency than it is to meet the coronavirus.

But the greatest difference between 1940 and now is the composition and mentality of the British population. In 1940 the only sizeable minority was the Jewish one. The country was very homogeneous .

Today the UK population is divided by the various large ethnic and racial minorities (whose separateness is encouraged by the purveyors of multiculturalism) and other divisions wrought by political correctness such those based on gender, sexual inclination and a faux idea of equality which promotes the interests not of all but the groups protected by political correctness. Because of this country is now noticeably heterogeneous in race, culture and mentality.

To these differences must be added the effects of the UK’s 47 year membership of what became the EU and the divisions it has created throughout our membership and Brexit.,

Finally, devolution since the Blair reformation has resulted in the Celtic Fringe gaining more and more powers and especially in Scotland there is serious agitation for independence while Wales and Northern Ireland play at independence forever point scoring at England’s expense. England meanwhile has been ignored in the devolution stakes despite the fact she heavily subsidises Scotland, Wales and N Ireland. The upshot of these changes to the UK population has become vastly more divided than it was in 1940. In 1940 there was a real sense of common purpose . Today that has become impossible.
Peter
2021-01-10 11:55:11 UTC
Post by RH156RH
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/
The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Robert Henderson
Comparisons between the UK in 1940 and the UK in 2020 are
understandable but mistaken because these are two very different
societies .
Straw man?
Post by RH156RH
To begin[...]
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-10 13:15:45 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 03:01:49 -0800 (PST), RH156RH
Post by RH156RH
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/
The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Indeed. Back in 1940 we were white. Now we have a multilcultural
menagerie.
abelard
2021-01-10 13:19:58 UTC
Post by RH156RH
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/
The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Indeed. Back in 1940 we were white.
so...you are now a 'we'

no wonder you are confused
Post by KKKernal Corn
Now we have a multilcultural
menagerie.
i wondered who owned the rest...are you
in the zoo?
enjoy your cage
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-10 18:41:21 UTC
Post by RH156RH
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/
The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Indeed. Back in 1940 we were white.
so...you are now a 'we'
'We' in the collective sense, meaning the UK. I wasn't around to be
white in 1940.
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
It IS a zoo and we're the ones looking at the specimens in the cages.
abelard
2021-01-10 19:55:04 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by RH156RH
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/
The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Indeed. Back in 1940 we were white.
so...you are now a 'we'
'We' in the collective sense, meaning the UK. I wasn't around to be
white in 1940.
i didn't realize you had made the transition
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
i don't wonder
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-10 20:59:24 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by RH156RH
https://livinginamadhouse.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/the-uk-in-1940-is-not-comparable-to-the-uk-in-2020/
The UK in 1940 is not comparable to the UK in 2020
Indeed. Back in 1940 we were white.
so...you are now a 'we'
'We' in the collective sense, meaning the UK. I wasn't around to be
white in 1940.
i didn't realize you had made the transition
I didn't realise there was a transition.
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
i don't wonder
Of course you don't...you KNOW jews aren't white.
abelard
2021-01-10 21:09:34 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
i don't wonder
Of course you don't...you KNOW jews aren't white.
i see you have another deviance...what a complicated
and deviant life you do have
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-10 22:45:26 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
i don't wonder
Of course you don't...you KNOW jews aren't white.
i see you have another deviance...what a complicated
and deviant life you do have
There is no deviance, but speaking of deviance when are you going to
learn to write from left to right and sort out your bizarre semitic
fomatting?
abelard
2021-01-10 23:52:03 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
i don't wonder
Of course you don't...you KNOW jews aren't white.
i see you have another deviance...what a complicated
and deviant life you do have
There is no deviance, but speaking of deviance when are you going to
learn to write from left to right and sort out your bizarre semitic
fomatting?
i was unaware of your neuroticism

be calm and try to get well
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-11 14:36:03 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
no wonder you are confused
No wonder you are excluded.
i don't wonder
Of course you don't...you KNOW jews aren't white.
i see you have another deviance...what a complicated
and deviant life you do have
There is no deviance, but speaking of deviance when are you going to
learn to write from left to right and sort out your bizarre semitic
fomatting?
i was unaware of your neuroticism
be calm and try to get well
Unfortunately for you, Lard, many of us can spot a semite half a
kilometre away. There's always something not quite B'ritish about you
people (viz. 'Sir' Philip Green né Greenberg).

Keep a low profile and you may yet avoid expulsion.
abelard
2021-01-11 14:44:15 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
There is no deviance, but speaking of deviance when are you going to
learn to write from left to right and sort out your bizarre semitic
fomatting?
i was unaware of your neuroticism
be calm and try to get well
Unfortunately for you, Lard, many of us can spot a semite half a
kilometre away. There's always something not quite B'ritish about you
people (viz. 'Sir' Philip Green né Greenberg).
Keep a low profile and you may yet avoid expulsion.
neuroticism is a common and simple malfunction...as
such it is not interesting
the actual focuses of a person's neuroticism are even less
interesting than the particular underlying malfunction

there is little reason that you cannot work to cure yourself
Farmer Giles
He doesn't need any cure - you certainly do, but you are far beyond one.
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-11 17:51:54 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
There is no deviance, but speaking of deviance when are you going to
learn to write from left to right and sort out your bizarre semitic
fomatting?
i was unaware of your neuroticism
be calm and try to get well
Unfortunately for you, Lard, many of us can spot a semite half a
kilometre away. There's always something not quite B'ritish about you
people (viz. 'Sir' Philip Green né Greenberg).
Keep a low profile and you may yet avoid expulsion.
neuroticism is a common and simple malfunction...as
such it is not interesting
the actual focuses of a person's neuroticism are even less
interesting than the particular underlying malfunction
there is little reason that you cannot work to cure yourself
Being a jew, on the other hand is incurable...once a jew always a jew.

There is jack shit you can do to cure yourself.
abelard
2021-01-11 18:09:45 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
There is no deviance, but speaking of deviance when are you going to
learn to write from left to right and sort out your bizarre semitic
fomatting?
i was unaware of your neuroticism
be calm and try to get well
Unfortunately for you, Lard, many of us can spot a semite half a
kilometre away. There's always something not quite B'ritish about you
people (viz. 'Sir' Philip Green né Greenberg).
Keep a low profile and you may yet avoid expulsion.
neuroticism is a common and simple malfunction...as
such it is not interesting
the actual focuses of a person's neuroticism are even less
interesting than the particular underlying malfunction
there is little reason that you cannot work to cure yourself
Being a jew, on the other hand is incurable...once a jew always a jew.
There is jack shit you can do to cure yourself.
i see no point in repeating what i said

you have a minor mental illness...better you grow out of it
KKKernal Corn
2021-01-11 19:54:12 UTC
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by abelard
Post by KKKernal Corn
[...]
Repeating nonsense is...just more nonsense.
Post by abelard
you have a minor mental illness...better you grow out of it
You are ethnically challenged....it is impossible to grow out of that.