Move over, Delta variant. Here comes "Lambda"
2021-07-09 19:28:59 UTC
Lambda variant spreading in South America one of many Canada is monitoring

Lambda variant first identified in Peru has been confirmed in 11 Canadian
cases to date

THE CANADIAN PRESS
Jul. 8, 2021

Chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam says the latest variant of
interest in the COVID-19 pandemic has popped up in Canada in small numbers.

Tam says the Lambda variant first identified in Peru has been confirmed in
11 Canadian cases to date, but adds it’s too early to know how widespread it
is or what impact it could have.

Lambda was first discovered in August 2020, but the World Health
Organization only classified it as a “variant of interest” in mid-June this
year, after it began appearing in multiple countries and was found to
contain mutations that could make it more infectious or resist existing
vaccines.

Variants are mutated versions of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19,
which occur naturally as the virus spreads.

Angela Rasmussen, a virologist at the University of Saskatchewan, says most
mutated versions of the virus aren’t problematic but occasionally the virus
gets a “lucky” break and mutates in a way that makes it stronger.

She says the vaccines for COVID-19 are so good that even if they aren’t
quite as strong against some variants, they are still doing a very good job
at keeping most people from getting seriously ill and we shouldn’t expect
Lambda to be any different.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/lambda-variant-spreading-in-south-america-one-of-many-canada-is-monitoring-tam/
NSquared
2021-07-11 02:18:22 UTC
[...]
With Covid you really don't want to be even a
teensie-weensie bit "ill" ... it does bad stuff
to your arteries and organs and brain cells.

Pfizer has put in for a third shot - slightly updated
from the first. Trump would have ramrodded it through
almost overnight. Let's see what the pinko bureaucrats
do with it .....

They WANT excuses for eternal fascistic lockdowns like
Australia but even worse. De-facto prisoners are easy
to fuck over.
Mario
2021-07-11 12:51:57 UTC
Post by NSquared
With Covid you really don't want to be even a
teensie-weensie bit "ill" ... it does bad stuff
to your arteries and organs and brain cells.
Pfizer has put in for a third shot - slightly updated
from the first. Trump would have ramrodded it through
almost overnight. Let's see what the pinko bureaucrats
do with it .....
They WANT excuses for eternal fascistic lockdowns like
Australia but even worse. De-facto prisoners are easy
to fuck over.
Instead of taking Biden's unproven vaccines everybody should pretend we're at
a Trump rally and stick together 24/7 screaming at the top of our lungs.
They should send the money wasted on vaccines to Steve Bannon's big
crowdfunding campaign so he can help build Trump's wall.
Mario
Mainspring
What the fuck's wrong with you ? Covid dementia ???
Byker
2021-08-04 19:59:02 UTC
Post by Mario
Instead of taking Biden's unproven vaccines everybody should pretend we're
at a Trump rally and stick together 24/7 screaming at the top of our
lungs. They should send the money wasted on vaccines to Steve Bannon's big
crowdfunding campaign so he can help build Trump's wall.
Be patient. In another two or three months we'll be rolling up our sleeves
for the "Epsilon" variant...
Mario
Mario
Mario