No end in sight for Kung Flu crackdown
2020-09-12 03:13:20 UTC
"Flattening the curve" only makes the epidemic last longer:

Phantom_View
2020-09-13 02:04:21 UTC
http://youtu.be/aYlWDlWkR94
Well, at best it keeps the disease within what the medical
system can cope with, which means a low death rate.
. This is good in one way, but bad in others. The Swedes
seem to have found a useful balance somehow.

But the rest of the EU and the UK (and Joe Biden) are
stuck in lockdown-after-lockdown-after-lockdown mode
and I think another big lockdown will destroy a number
of those countries. The economic and social infrastructure
cannot take much more, and enforcing lockdowns is
becoming a serious legal problem that might require
rather brutal authoritarianism.
Yak
2020-09-13 11:26:40 UTC
Post by Phantom_View
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/aYlWDlWkR94
Well, at best it keeps the disease within what the medical
system can cope with, which means a low death rate.
. This is good in one way, but bad in others. The Swedes
seem to have found a useful balance somehow.
Somehow? Here's how - Sweden decided that its people can walk and chew
gum at the same time.
Byker
It's coming: https://tinyurl.com/y5zyqhqb
Phantom_View
2020-09-15 02:02:47 UTC
Post by Phantom_View
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/aYlWDlWkR94
Well, at best it keeps the disease within what the medical
system can cope with, which means a low death rate.
. This is good in one way, but bad in others. The Swedes
seem to have found a useful balance somehow.
But the rest of the EU and the UK (and Joe Biden) are
stuck in lockdown-after-lockdown-after-lockdown mode
and I think another big lockdown will destroy a number
of those countries. The economic and social infrastructure
cannot take much more, and enforcing lockdowns is
becoming a serious legal problem that might require
rather brutal authoritarianism.
It's coming: https://tinyurl.com/y5zyqhqb
I can see it now ... sniper drones patrolling everywhere,
thermal imaging and computer-guided hyper-accuracy
algorithms - their operators being given 'shoot on sight'
authority by president Kommela. Just click on the target
and it will not matter how fast they run, bob and weave.
The tech exists NOW and is not even all that expensive.

The whole of Gen-Z could perish.
Byker
2020-09-15 02:44:35 UTC
Post by Phantom_View
The whole of Gen-Z could perish.
That's entirely possible considering their cluelessness about what's coming:

I tell them, "I've lived a full life. Yours is just getting started.
Good luck -- you're gonna be needin' it!" <snicker>...
Jonathan
2020-09-15 04:09:37 UTC
Post by Phantom_View
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/aYlWDlWkR94
Well, at best it keeps the disease within what the medical
system can cope with, which means a low death rate.
. This is good in one way, but bad in others. The Swedes
seem to have found a useful balance somehow.
But the rest of the EU and the UK (and Joe Biden) are
stuck in lockdown-after-lockdown-after-lockdown mode
and I think another big lockdown will destroy a number
of those countries. The economic and social infrastructure
cannot take much more, and enforcing lockdowns is
becoming a serious legal problem that might require
rather brutal authoritarianism.
You trumpsters are so fucking stupid.

Here's how Japan and most of Europe compare
to America.

They have beaten the virus months ago and
can fully reopen. Any flare ups over there
are easy to contain as a result as their
numbers are small enough for contact tracing
to work. Notice Germany had 1 death while
we have over 1000 per day, every day, like
clockwork.

This is the difference between competent govts
with strong leadership, and Trump.

For 9-9

...1,208 US dead to... 66 for much of Europe and Japan combined

Population New Deaths

AMERICA 328 million 1,208 deaths

Japan 126 million 16 deaths
Germany 83 million 1
UK 67 million 8
Italy 60 million 11
France 65 million 30

Total 401 million 66

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.worldometers.info/population/countries-in-europe-by-population/
https://twitter.com/Non_Linear1
Joe
2020-09-15 07:55:35 UTC
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 00:09:37 -0400
Post by Jonathan
Post by Phantom_View
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/aYlWDlWkR94
Well, at best it keeps the disease within what the medical
system can cope with, which means a low death rate.
. This is good in one way, but bad in others. The Swedes
seem to have found a useful balance somehow.
But the rest of the EU and the UK (and Joe Biden) are
stuck in lockdown-after-lockdown-after-lockdown mode
and I think another big lockdown will destroy a number
of those countries. The economic and social infrastructure
cannot take much more, and enforcing lockdowns is
becoming a serious legal problem that might require
rather brutal authoritarianism.
You trumpsters are so fucking stupid.
Here's how Japan and most of Europe compare
to America.
They have beaten the virus months ago and
can fully reopen.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/14/dozens-schools-have-either-closed-sent-whole-year-groups-home/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/08/christmas-could-cancelled-second-wave-threat-not-taken-seriously/

Starting yesterday in England:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/15/rule-6-what-social-gathering-new-rules-can-cant-do-england/

Elsewhere:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/europe-not-woods-warns-coronavirus-cases-rise/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/14/israel-imposes-second-national-lockdown-coronavirus-infections/
Post by Jonathan
This is the difference between competent govts
with strong leadership, and Trump.
Strong and competent governments? Well, there's China, and Russia,
and....and....help me out here...
2020-09-16 12:40:27 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
This is the difference between competent govts
with strong leadership, and Trump.
Strong and competent governments? Well, there's China, and Russia,
and....and....help me out here...
n. korea...iran

the places in which no-one sane wants to live

Keema's Nan
2020-09-15 07:59:54 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Phantom_View
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/aYlWDlWkR94
Well, at best it keeps the disease within what the medical
system can cope with, which means a low death rate.
. This is good in one way, but bad in others. The Swedes
seem to have found a useful balance somehow.
But the rest of the EU and the UK (and Joe Biden) are
stuck in lockdown-after-lockdown-after-lockdown mode
and I think another big lockdown will destroy a number
of those countries. The economic and social infrastructure
cannot take much more, and enforcing lockdowns is
becoming a serious legal problem that might require
rather brutal authoritarianism.
You trumpsters are so fucking stupid.
Here's how Japan and most of Europe compare
to America.
They have beaten the virus months ago and
can fully reopen.
I’m glad you said *most* of Europe, because the brown-nosing US lapdog (the
UK) can’t fully re-open. We are now limited in all gatherings (both
outdoors and inside peoples’ homes) to a maximum of 6 people; with an
instruction from the police for people to snitch on their neighbours if they
believe they are breaking the rules.
Post by Jonathan
Any flare ups over there
are easy to contain as a result as their
numbers are small enough for contact tracing
to work.
I don’t believe contract tracing has ever worked properly in the UK since
it was introduced.
Post by Jonathan
Notice Germany had 1 death while
we have over 1000 per day, every day, like
clockwork.
We don’t have many deaths, but that is because all the elderly are keeping
themselves to themselves; and are likely to for the foreseeable.
Keema's Nan
2020-09-15 09:13:10 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Phantom_View
Post by Byker
[...]
Sorry, I got that bit wrong.

The majority of the population are limited to a maximum of 6 people in a
gathering, but if you are a Tory toff who loves killing wildlife you are
exempt because you can describe it as Grouse Shooting.

Maybe we should all dress in smelly tweeds, greasy hat, and carry a large
shotgun?Eh What?

Snort snort? Where the hell's my stirrup cup, minion?

Ooops, sorry; wrong killing ’sport’.