Naomi Wolf: "a woman is wohever wants to be a woman"
Add Reply
James Hammerton
2020-08-01 21:14:58 UTC
See:

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1288866679967997952

"a woman is whoever wants to be a woman. Why police
other people’s gender choices? Who cares? What does
it matter? Honestly. Being a good person matters.
But one’s identification is a personal choice that
no one else should police."

Apparently she is stating a fundamnetal principle of liberal democracy:
https://twitter.com/echrso/status/1289230829206425603

"Naomi Wolf has stated a basic and fundamental principle of liberal
democracy: that people must have autonomy in the sphere of personal
identity."

ISTM he's saying that if I identify as X, others must respect that...

Regards,

James
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

James Hammerton
2020-08-02 01:13:48 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1288866679967997952
"a woman is whoever wants to be a woman. Why police
other people’s gender choices? Who cares? What does
it matter? Honestly. Being a good person matters.
But one’s identification is a personal choice that
no one else should police."
https://twitter.com/echrso/status/1289230829206425603
"Naomi Wolf has stated a basic and fundamental principle of liberal
democracy: that people must have autonomy in the sphere of personal
identity."
ISTM he's saying that if I identify as X, others must respect that...
Booyakasha!
http://youtu.be/FZqHh9MDAro
:-)

James
James Hammerton
2020-08-02 01:13:16 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1288866679967997952
 "a woman is whoever wants to be a woman. Why police
  other people’s gender choices? Who cares? What does
  it matter? Honestly. Being a good person matters.
  But one’s identification is a personal choice that
  no one else should police."
https://twitter.com/echrso/status/1289230829206425603
"Naomi Wolf has stated a basic and fundamental principle of liberal
democracy: that people must have autonomy in the sphere of personal
identity."
ISTM he's saying that if I identify as X, others must respect that...
Regards,
James
Paul Johnson, Head of the Department of Sociology at the University of
York wrote that second tweet. I replied asking him this:

https://twitter.com/JamesAHammerton/status/1289668564895461377

"So if I say I am a woman that makes me a woman? Or
do I have to say it and also believe it myself for
it to make me a woman?"

Within minutes he blocked my Twitter account...

Regards,

James
Keema's Nan
2020-08-02 07:47:07 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
Post by James Hammerton
[...]
No one has yet provided comparison percentage details of men wanting to be
women, with women wanting to be men.
Incubus
Speaking as the King of Wessex, I am inclined to agree.
Pancho
2020-08-03 09:52:46 UTC
Post by James Hammerton
https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1288866679967997952
 "a woman is whoever wants to be a woman. Why police
  other people’s gender choices? Who cares? What does
  it matter? Honestly. Being a good person matters.
  But one’s identification is a personal choice that
  no one else should police."
https://twitter.com/echrso/status/1289230829206425603
"Naomi Wolf has stated a basic and fundamental principle of liberal
democracy: that people must have autonomy in the sphere of personal
identity."
ISTM he's saying that if I identify as X, others must respect that...
Does this mean I can now go into the women's changing room? Like I have
wanted to ever since I was thirteen. And now I won't even need to be
invisible to do it.
Basil Jet
2020-08-03 11:35:46 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by James Hammerton
https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1288866679967997952
  "a woman is whoever wants to be a woman. Why police
   other people’s gender choices? Who cares? What does
   it matter? Honestly. Being a good person matters.
   But one’s identification is a personal choice that
   no one else should police."
Apparently she is stating a fundamnetal principle of liberal
democracy: https://twitter.com/echrso/status/1289230829206425603
"Naomi Wolf has stated a basic and fundamental principle of liberal
democracy: that people must have autonomy in the sphere of personal
identity."
ISTM he's saying that if I identify as X, others must respect that...
Does this mean I can now go into the women's changing room? Like I have
wanted to ever since I was thirteen. And now I won't even need to be
invisible to do it.
Of course you can. The women in there will even caress your testicles
for you, in a way that you'll really enjoy if you're a foot fetishist.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Faith No More - 1989 - The Real Thing