Licence fee being well spent
2020-06-29 08:51:37 UTC
"EastEnders had stood in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement as
the show unveiled a mural of a black woman by visual artist Dreph.

"The mural, painted on the side wall of the Beales' house opposite The Queen
Victoria pub, will become a permanent backdrop to storylines when the show
returns to screens later this year."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8468561/EastEnders-set-return-new-look-large-mural-black-woman-added-Albert-Square.html

So much for their charter's requirement for neutrality.

Defund the BBC.
Pamela
2020-06-29 12:11:43 UTC
"EastEnders had stood in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement
as the show unveiled a mural of a black woman by visual artist Dreph.
"The mural, painted on the side wall of the Beales' house opposite The
Queen Victoria pub, will become a permanent backdrop to storylines when
the show returns to screens later this year."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8468561/EastEnders-set-retu
rn-new-look-large-mural-black-woman-added-Albert-Square.html
So much for their charter's requirement for neutrality.
Defund the BBC.
More BBC spending here:

"BBC commits £100m to increasing diversity on TV" (22 June 2020)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53135022

Some years ago I cut back on watching the BBC on account
of the excessive diversity on screen. A the time I didn't realise it was
the result of a deliberate policy which has some way yet to go.

Excessive diversity representation (including disabled groups as well
as ethinic ones) while lowering the quality of output only serves to
upset mainstream viewers. I now hope Boris and Dom will slash taxpayer
spending on the BBC.
m***@btopenworld.com
2020-06-29 12:33:54 UTC
"EastEnders had stood in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement as
the show unveiled a mural of a black woman by visual artist Dreph.
"The mural, painted on the side wall of the Beales' house opposite The Queen
Victoria pub, will become a permanent backdrop to storylines when the show
returns to screens later this year."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8468561/EastEnders-set-return-new-look-large-mural-black-woman-added-Albert-Square.html
So much for their charter's requirement for neutrality.
Defund the BBC.
Committed that I am not to bend the knee for anyone, I must concede that the BLM campaign has caught the public psyche in this country. I must confess that I am not in anyway unsympathetic to the sentiment expressed. I would like to think that everybody's life matters but am less sympathetic to pointless gestures promoting the obvious. Of course BLM - so what? So do white lives so do brown lives and so on.

I don't think the BLM is really a contentious issue and as such can hardly be seen as political and so is in contravention of any concept of neutrality. I can't say I know anybody who believes that black or any other lives should be terminated prematurely. The question is therefore unnecessary.

Eastenders , which I never watch anyway, supposedly reflects urban inner city life. I would suggest that the mural would not be out of place in any such setting.
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
2020-06-29 13:07:59 UTC
[...]
Eastenders also reflects the racist lower working class, so the mural
is highly inappropriate and an obvious target for defacing.

The occasional Paki is tolerated. Wogs are not.
m***@btopenworld.com
And how can there be any class of human being lower than yours?
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Well, there's you for instance.
NoSpamAtAll
2020-06-29 16:34:29 UTC
And how can there be any class of human being lower than yours?
Well, there are polacks, for instance.
Idiot!
Yankel Zitronenbaum
2020-06-29 18:31:25 UTC
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 16:34:29 +0000 (UTC), NoSpamAtAll aka jew
paedophile Barry Z. Shein <***@shell02.TheWorld.com> hat geshrivn:

<fluhs>

Fuck orf, jew paedo!
NEMO
2020-06-29 19:02:10 UTC
Fuck orf, polack 'tard!
Why?
Yankel Zitronenbaum
2020-06-29 19:11:47 UTC
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 19:02:10 +0000 (UTC), NEMO aka jew paedophile

Fuck orf, jew piece of shite!
NEMO
2020-06-29 20:16:40 UTC
Fuck orf, polish piece of shite!
Sick!
Yankel Zitronenbaum
2020-06-29 20:24:04 UTC
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:16:40 +0000 (UTC), NEMO aka jew paedophile

Eat shit and die, jew paedophile piece of shite!
Freedom for Gaza
2020-06-29 20:28:37 UTC
Post by Yankel Zitronenbaum
Eat shit
PLEASE stop using foul language in this forum, you shiteating,
pissdrinking, donkeydicksucking, grannyfucking, jizzlicking,
motherless pile of sub-excrement nazoid PAEDO filth who takes
dozens of muzzie dicks up his arse and throat on an hourly basis.

Thank you!
Yankel Zitronenbaum
2020-06-30 11:44:40 UTC
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:28:37 +0000 (UTC), Freedom for Gaza aka jew
paedophile Barry Z. Shein <***@shell02.TheWorld.com> hat geshrivn:

<fluhs>

Fuck orf, jew paedophile vermin!

Incubus
2020-06-29 15:07:25 UTC
[...]
The idea that black lives matter isn't contentious. However, saying that Black
Lives Matter means that black lives matter is like saying the Democratic
People's Republic of North Korea is democratic and that the people have a stake
in their government.
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
I don't think the BLM is really a contentious issue and as such can hardly be
seen as political and so is in contravention of any concept of neutrality. I
can't say I know anybody who believes that black or any other lives should be
terminated prematurely. The question is therefore unnecessary.
Have you not read about BLM demanding that statues of historical figures be
removed and branding Churchill as racist? Have you not read about their
Marxist aims? Have you not read that they want to "dismantle" the "white
supremacist patriarchy" and "decolonise" university libraries?

They are entirely political and not all that much concerned with black lives if
you ask me.

I would have thought any movement that seeks to "defund" or abolish the Police
would be anathema to you.
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Eastenders , which I never watch anyway, supposedly reflects urban inner city
life. I would suggest that the mural would not be out of place in any such
setting.
I see it as a political statement. One could equally argue that a St George's
flag in a council house window wouldn't be out of place either but we all know
that's not going to appear on Eastenders.
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Black Crimes Matter. And there's a fucking shitload of them!
m***@btopenworld.com
2020-06-29 19:15:38 UTC
BLM campaign has caught the public psyche in this country. I must confess
that I am not in anyway unsympathetic to the sentiment expressed. I would
like to think that everybody's life matters but am less sympathetic to
pointless gestures promoting the obvious. Of course BLM - so what? So do
white lives so do brown lives and so on.
The idea that black lives matter isn't contentious. However, saying that Black
Lives Matter means that black lives matter is like saying the Democratic
People's Republic of North Korea is democratic and that the people have a stake
in their government.
I see neither the connection nor the analogy.
I don't think the BLM is really a contentious issue and as such can hardly be
seen as political and so is in contravention of any concept of neutrality. I
can't say I know anybody who believes that black or any other lives should be
terminated prematurely. The question is therefore unnecessary.
Have you not read about BLM demanding that statues of historical figures be
removed and branding Churchill as racist? Have you not read about their
Marxist aims? Have you not read that they want to "dismantle" the "white
supremacist patriarchy" and "decolonise" university libraries?
People can demand all sorts of ridiculous things. Whether their demands are met is a very different matter.

First of all there is a question of Law and order. Unauthorised interference with any statue or monument counts as criminal damage under the law. To add complications to the question the statue is Grade 2 listed. It's down to those responsible for the preservation of Law and order to take steps to prevent unlawful acts against it and to see that perpetrators are held accountable to the full extent of the law.

University property is AFAIUI private property. Private property has owners For want of a better word, let's call them governors. It is the duty of these governors to use the assets at their disposal to maintain and protect university facilities which includes every book in its libraries. The law will assist them if necessary.

If any governor is not prepared to discharge his duty in that respect then he should step aside to make way for someone who will. We don't burn books in this country.

None of this involve taking the stand that Black lives *don't* matter.
Post by Incubus
They are entirely political and not all that much concerned with black lives if
you ask me.
Noody's asking you but I am asking that you respect *all* life.
Post by Incubus
I would have thought any movement that seeks to "defund" or abolish the Police
would be anathema to you.
You can't have a police or any kind of force without adequate funding. So long as police forces remain politically accountable that's all right by me.

It was a much more insecure world we lived in before the introduction of professional law officers we pray ut no longer need to call upon a higher power to Lighten our darkness, we beseech thee, O Lord; and by thy great mercy defend us from all perils and dangers of this night;

That's what it meant!

We are much safer with them than without.
Eastenders , which I never watch anyway, supposedly reflects urban inner city
life. I would suggest that the mural would not be out of place in any such
setting.
I see it as a political statement. One could equally argue that a St George's
flag in a council house window wouldn't be out of place either but we all know
that's not going to appear on Eastenders.
Talking of political statements its this kind of cohesion BLM lacks. The term is nothing more than an acronym pieced together probably by a bunch of half cut students and its caught. Who speaks for it? Who is on its organising committee,

I'm blowed if I know or you either.
Smolley
2020-06-30 06:10:48 UTC
Post by Incubus
So much for their charter's requirement for neutrality.
Defund the BBC.
Neanderthal lives mattered, but they died out in the end.