Boris was drunk at the Cenotaph
2019-12-02 18:31:30 UTC
People like Boris Johnson do not see janitors, cleaners, cooks, drivers and
waiting staff as anything but cyphers. They however see him, and I can tell
you with certainty that the reason he messed up the Cenotaph ceremony,
starting backwards and forward at the wrong time, laying the wreath upside
down and generally stumbling around looking like an unmade bed, is that he
was drunk. You could smell it off him. He arrived in that condition.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk
The Marquis Saint Evremonde
2019-12-02 19:39:16 UTC
People like Boris Johnson do not see janitors, cleaners, cooks, drivers and
waiting staff as anything but cyphers. They however see him, and I can tell
you with certainty that the reason he messed up the Cenotaph ceremony,
starting backwards and forward at the wrong time, laying the wreath upside
down and generally stumbling around looking like an unmade bed, is that he
was drunk. You could smell it off him. He arrived in that condition.
This sounds highly unlikely. Just think about it. Boris isn't notorious
for being a pisshead; under what other circumstances might he turn up
pissed at a televised official function? But if it *were* true it would
make me like him even more.

Craig Murray's got some very useful things to say sometimes, but I doubt
this is one of them.
Evremonde
abelard
2019-12-02 21:55:14 UTC
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/11/12/news/bbc-apologises-after-airing-wrong-footage-of-boris-johnson-cenotaph-gaffe-1762731/
Allegedly. Still. at least he didn't piss on it.
Keema's Nan
2019-12-03 11:56:36 UTC
People like Boris Johnson do not see janitors, cleaners, cooks, drivers and
waiting staff as anything but cyphers. They however see him, and I can tell
you with certainty that the reason he messed up the Cenotaph ceremony,
starting backwards and forward at the wrong time, laying the wreath upside
down and generally stumbling around looking like an unmade bed, is that he
was drunk. You could smell it off him. He arrived in that condition.
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk
Allegedly. Still. at least he didn't piss on it.
I watched the event on TV, but I can’t say I noticed anything untoward
happening. I certainly didn’t notice his wreath was upside-down, but then I
don’t scrutinise everything anyone does in public for the slightest error.