BoJo a million miles out of his depth
Stephen Cole
2019-09-03 16:12:55 UTC
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like he’s
just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great!

Goodbye Brexit! :-D
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
michael adams
2019-09-03 17:30:17 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What's more, he looked terrified at points, like he's
just realising for the first time that he's not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It's going
to be great!
Unfortunately not.

"Do you want to be on TV ? Do you think you deserve it ? Do you think
you will be "good" on camera ? Answer "No" to these questions and you
might as well get out of politics". David Thomson "Television" p.269

The HoC is about the only place where Boris can't control the situation.
Which is one of the reasons why he's suspended it.

Outside the HoC Boris loves the TV camera and the TV watching public
(including the Tory members who voted him in ) love watching Boris.

Same as they loved watching "Trump" in "The Apprentice". They're
larger than life characters, who naturally appeal to the hard of thinking.

Corbyn on the other hand is boring and would tick the "No Publicity" Box
if there was one.
Post by Stephen Cole
Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Kate Hoey, Frank Field. They and a few others are still out there, you know.

michael adams

Brian Gaff
2019-09-04 07:03:40 UTC
The thing is as Mrs May proved, nobody wants the current deal or to crash
out. That was established when she was in charge. How could Boris not have
realised his. So here we are back round to the start of Groundhog day again.
I fully realise that he was hoping that by taking it to the wire Brussels
would give in, but really, they are all now so bemused by us, I suspect they
could not give a monkeys.
What is going to happen now if we elect yet another hung parliament with
Lib dems holding the balance of power?

The date has to be a few days away. Will Brussels say, you cannot be allowed
to crash out while you have no credible government. Do they cancel Article
50, say sod it and move it till February, or just chuck us out anyway with
Mays deal?

I personally don't think whoever you had in No 10 faced with this mess it
would make any difference.

Brian
--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
nightjar
2019-09-03 18:33:30 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like he’s
just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great!...
Well, he won't get the devout Jewish vote, unless he moves the date away
from the start of a religious festival that would stop them from voting.
Colin Bignell
Roger
AFAIK Boris has not stated the 14th, in fact that appears to be a date that the opposition suggested. But let's not get into that hornets nest....
michael adams
2019-09-03 19:06:48 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What's more, he looked terrified at points, like he's
just realising for the first time that he's not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It's going
to be great!...
Well, he won't get the devout Jewish vote, unless he moves the date
away from the start of a religious festival that would stop them
from voting.
Er,

<quote>

" People who will not be able to vote on the chosen day
can register to vote by post or via a proxy vote.

Applications to vote by post must be received by 17:00 BST
on 26 September, for those not already registered to vote.

Proxy voting - where another registered voter votes on another's behalf -
must be applied for at least six working days before election day, in
England, Scotland or Wales."

</quote>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49561792

So that's Margaret Hodge sorted, at least.

michael adams

nightjar
2019-09-04 09:22:15 UTC
Post by michael adams
Post by nightjar
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date, rather than
the practical difficulties of voting.
Colin Bignell
tim...
2019-09-04 11:58:24 UTC
Post by michael adams
Post by nightjar
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when it
is)

I certainly hadn't.

tim
Ian Jackson
2019-09-04 12:50:56 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
Post by michael adams
Post by nightjar
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
After a bit of Googling, it appears that it's only the first day of
Sukkot when work is forbidden (it's treated like the normal Jewish
Sabbath) - and this isn't the day proposed for the election. The whole
thing's not even a light breeze in a thimble.
https://tinyurl.com/y4g5ap72
Ian
nightjar
2019-09-04 16:34:05 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
Colin Bignell
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-04 17:30:52 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?

Religion in Great Britain (2011 census)
Christianity (59.5%)
No religion (25.7%)
Islam (4.4%)
Hinduism (1.3%)
Sikhism (0.7%)
Judaism (0.4%)
Buddhism (0.4%)
Other religions (0.4%)
Not stated (7.2%)
--
“A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
“We did this ourselves.”

― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
nightjar
2019-09-05 08:35:58 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't
taken the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know
when it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all
the major religions practised in it.
Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?
Religion in Great Britain (2011 census)
  Christianity (59.5%)
  No religion (25.7%)
  Islam (4.4%)
  Hinduism (1.3%)
  Sikhism (0.7%)
  Judaism (0.4%)
  Buddhism (0.4%)
  Other religions (0.4%)
  Not stated (7.2%)
That makes it the fifth most followed religion in the UK, which is
probably a good reason to put it among the major religions.

However, unlike the number of Christians, it is most likely an accurate
estimate of those actively following Judaism. On the basis of active
followers, according to a recent survey, there are about 15 active
followers of Christianity to every follower of Judaism. That would make
it even more of a major religion in the UK.

With only about 6% of the UK population actively Christian, you could
ask, if we ignore Jewish festivals because of the numbers, why do we
observe Christmas and Easter as a nation?
Colin Bignell
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-05 10:09:12 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
[...]
Because it sells product.

Dont be silly
Rod Speed
2019-09-05 19:49:19 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
[...]
Basically because of the massive uproar it would cause
if it was proposed those be binned.

Same with the bank holiday, even tho few actually worship banks.
Peeler
2019-09-05 20:11:51 UTC
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 05:49:19 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by ***@home
Basically
Basically, it's ALL none of yours, senile Ozzie cretin!
--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?
One could make the mistake of thinking it is given its disproportionate level
of representation in politics, media and finance.
Keema's Nan
2019-09-05 10:14:39 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?
One could make the mistake of thinking it is given its disproportionate level
of representation in politics, media and finance.
Well, even if it is not - they are obviously gearing up to rule over us; and
if anyone objects they will be arrested for Anti-Semitism and given a jail
sentence.

Welcome to the real 21st century Britain.
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-05 10:16:16 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?
One could make the mistake of thinking it is given its disproportionate level
of representation in politics, media and finance.
Well, even if it is not - they are obviously gearing up to rule over us; and
if anyone objects they will be arrested for Anti-Semitism and given a jail
sentence.
Welcome to the real 21st century Britain.
Rather have jews ('give da peepul vot dey vant') than the EU any day.
private property.

Karl Marx
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2019-09-04 19:20:55 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
0.4% of the population are Jewish.
Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.
I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.
It's kinda amazing to see you wave away as "nonsense" the cultural and
religious sensibilities of several hundred thousand British citizens,
Brian.
jews do that....
dennis@home
2019-09-05 10:38:47 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by nightjar
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
0.4% of the population are Jewish.
Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.
I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.
It's kinda amazing to see you wave away as "nonsense" the cultural and
religious sensibilities of several hundred thousand British citizens,
Brian.
jews do that....
There are people stupid enough to leave the ovens on from the previous
day as switching it on is work. How putting the food in and shutting the
door isn't work I don't have a clue.

Basically all religious people have a problem, they believe what they
are told without thinking.

They are also told that their beliefs makes then superior to anyone
without those beliefs which is why you should never let any religion get
control, it will result in suffering.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
all religion is made up by man and is a fairy story......and dangerous
michael adams
2019-09-05 12:22:31 UTC
Basically all religious people have a problem, they believe what they are told without
thinking.
They are also told that their beliefs makes then superior to anyone without those
beliefs which is why you should never let any religion get control, it will result in
suffering.
The Quakers don't believe any of those things.

Which is why people mostly associate them with porridge and chocolate.

michael adams

Rod Speed
2019-09-04 20:21:59 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by nightjar
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,
how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when it
is)
Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your civil
servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the major
religions practised in it.
But given that he has only been PM for a short time, its not surprising
that there are a few glitches like that with his advisors or that they
havent
worked out which civil servant is the one to ask about election dates.
Peeler
2019-09-04 20:53:43 UTC
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 06:21:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by Rod Speed
But given that he has only been PM for a short time, its
It's ALL none of yours AT ALL! Get that into your senile Ozzie head, senile
Ozzietard!
--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little shit."
MID: <pjqpo3$1la0$***@gioia.aioe.org>
Stephen Cole
2019-09-05 08:34:38 UTC
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.
An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.
With Brian recently describing Jewish culture as “nonsense”, it’s no
surprise to see him quite comfortable with Boris’ casual racism.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
totly +1
Stephen Cole
2019-09-05 08:52:46 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.
An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.
With Brian recently describing Jewish culture as "nonsense", it's no
surprise to see him quite comfortable with Boris' casual racism.
totly +1
Shocking anti-semitism from Brian, as per, but what else would we expect
from a dedicated Faragist?
Jim GM4DHJ ...
brian can't be all bad then.....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
brian can't be all bad then.....
dennis@home
Name a religion that isn't nonsense!
Jim GM4DHJ ...
none
Rod Speed
2019-09-04 19:32:59 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by michael adams
Post by nightjar
Post by Stephen Cole
[...]
Or that there is one day when they arent allowed to write;
Post by tim...
I certainly hadn't.
Me neither.
Grikbashir®™
Fuck the jew vote. They all vote Labour anyway.
Peeler
2019-09-03 19:28:42 UTC
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 12:10:12 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikbashir®™
Post by nightjar
Well, he won't get the devout Jewish vote, unless he moves the date away
from the start of a religious festival that would stop them from voting.
Fuck the jew vote. They all vote Labour anyway.
Are you sure, psychopath? Psychopathically sure, again? <BG>
is any meaningful debate to lower the age of consent:
"If there isn't, there should be."
MID: <ZAMUE.174724$***@usenetxs.com>
Tall Henry
2019-09-03 20:30:00 UTC
Fuck the polack vote. Why the fuck are they even ALLOWED to vote, anyway?
TSSK!
Stephen Cole
2019-09-03 19:19:06 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like he’s
just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great!...
Well, he won't get the devout Jewish vote, unless he moves the date away
from the start of a religious festival that would stop them from voting.
Only the first day of Sukkot is subject to Shabbat rules. If he does
select that day, those concerned can simply request postal votes.
Pretty disgraceful anti-semitism from your Tory fellow travellers, Brian,
as per. Shame on you.
Peeler
2019-09-03 20:32:31 UTC
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 13:01:05 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Stephen Cole
Pretty disgraceful anti-semitism from your Tory fellow travellers, Brian,
as per. Shame on you.
Pretty disgraceful pro-semitism from you, jewlover. Fuck you.
Pretty ridiculous display of your clinical insanity again, filthy pedophilic
dreckserb! And I know, NOBODY fucks YOU! NOBODY!!! LOL
on Facebook is incapable of consent?"
MID: <Og0VE.1298131$***@usenetxs.com>
Brian Gaff
Colin Bignell
The Iceberg
why do you hate Britain so much that you want to give all power to Germany(the EUSSR)? what are you so scared of?
Keema's Nan
2019-09-03 19:19:22 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like he’s
just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great!
Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.

The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didn’t want that.

At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.
Spike
2019-09-04 07:59:38 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.
The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didn’t want that.
At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Spike
Keema's Nan
2019-09-04 08:13:21 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Stephen Cole
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.
The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didn’t want that.
At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris’s
trap.

They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it will
not get them out of the trap.
Dave Plowman (News)
2019-09-04 10:13:45 UTC
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.
Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
--
*IF ONE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMER DROWNS, DO THE REST DROWN TOO?

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Tim Lamb
2019-09-04 11:10:50 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.
Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of this
country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this where we
started?
Tim Lamb
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-04 15:56:50 UTC
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by Spike
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.
Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of this
country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this where we
started?
Of course it is not.

All countries havce civil servants who are unelected and make decisions,
but in Britain thay are answerable to ministers, and those ministers are
answerable to the public via the electoral process.

Not so in the EU.

It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon
renewable energy.
michael adams
2019-09-04 16:24:14 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
Because unlike Jeremy Corbyn he's appeared on "Have I Got News For You"
six times, and "Top Gear" twice.

Which obviously makes him far better Prime Ministerial material.

In fact the only way he could have proved himself even more suitable
would be if he'd hosted a few series of "The Apprentice" as well.

Next question ?

michael adams

2019-09-04 22:05:12 UTC
Post by michael adams
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election. I wonder
why...
Because unlike Jeremy Corbyn he's appeared on "Have I Got News For You"
six times, and "Top Gear" twice.
Which obviously makes him far better Prime Ministerial material.
In fact the only way he could have proved himself even more suitable
would be if he'd hosted a few series of "The Apprentice" as well.
Next question ?
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
Spike
2019-09-05 07:54:54 UTC
Post by Pamela
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader to call for a General Election
for two years and then refuse the chance when it was offered.
Spike
Stephen Cole
2019-09-05 08:11:16 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader to call for a General Election
for two years and then refuse the chance when it was offered.
He’s giving BoJo a few more weeks worth of rope to hang himself with, Burt.
The smartest thing for the opposition parties to do is to get into
November, after Boris has been forced to beg the EU for an extension and no
deal has been averted, and then call no confidence in the government.
Sorted! HTH.
Rambo
2019-09-05 08:51:00 UTC
On 5 Sep 2019 08:11:16 GMT, Stephen Cole
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader to call for a General Election
for two years and then refuse the chance when it was offered.
He’s giving BoJo a few more weeks worth of rope to hang himself with, Burt.
The smartest thing for the opposition parties to do is to get into
November, after Boris has been forced to beg the EU for an extension and no
deal has been averted, and then call no confidence in the government.
Sorted! HTH.
Correct. Jezza knows full well that if Johnson can't get a deal from
the EU by Nov 1st that can get through Parliament, (which is highly
unlikely) then the Tory vote will be split by Farage in a later
November election.

Jezza isn't running scared of an election at all. His strategy and
those of the other opposition parties is quite clear.
Norman Wells
2019-09-05 09:24:26 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader to call for a General Election
for two years and then refuse the chance when it was offered.
He’s giving BoJo a few more weeks worth of rope to hang himself with, Burt.
The smartest thing for the opposition parties to do is to get into
November, after Boris has been forced to beg the EU for an extension and no
deal has been averted, and then call no confidence in the government.
Sorted! HTH.
Correct. Jezza knows full well that if Johnson can't get a deal from
the EU by Nov 1st that can get through Parliament, (which is highly
unlikely) then the Tory vote will be split by Farage in a later
November election.
If he goes openly for no deal as the only viable option, though, he'll
hoover up all the Brexit Party voters, probably with Farage's blessing.
And that's quite possible because no-one can see any deal being reached
that is acceptable to both the EU and the UK Parliament. We've tried
that before. It hasn't worked, and almost certainly won't.
Post by Rambo
Jezza isn't running scared of an election at all.
If he's not, he should be. He's at just over 20% in the polls compared
with the 40% he actually achieved last time out, and is now sharing any
remain voters with the LibDems and the Greens. It's obvious what that
will mean as regards seats in Parliament.
Post by Rambo
His strategy and
those of the other opposition parties is quite clear.
Yes, it's prevaricate, delay and cross their fingers hoping for
something to turn up to change their fortunes.
Rod Speed
2019-09-05 20:03:12 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Rambo
His strategy and those of the other opposition parties is quite clear.
Yes, it's prevaricate, delay and cross their fingers hoping for something
to turn up to change their fortunes.
Yeah, that’s clearly what he is about and it clearly is the
best approach for him to take given his dismal poll results.

Don’t spose they let Boris ride around on his bike much anymore,
so its not very likely some bus will run him over now.
Peeler
2019-09-05 20:12:33 UTC
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 06:03:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by Rod Speed
Yeah, that’s clearly
It's clearly ALL none of yours, senile Ozzie pest!
cretin from Oz:
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/
Spike
2019-09-05 09:40:46 UTC
Post by Rambo
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
[...]
Interesting, but I did say that 'Corbyn is the only opposition leader to
call for a General Election for two years and then refuse the chance
when it was offered', and no-one has refuted that - although Cole's
imaginary friend ('Burt') now seems to be getting a pasting over the issue.
Spike
Pamela
2019-09-05 15:36:44 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Rambo
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's
the only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader to call for a General
Election for two years and then refuse the chance when it was
offered.
Heï¿œs giving BoJo a few more weeks worth of rope to hang himself
with, Burt. The smartest thing for the opposition parties to do is to
get into November, after Boris has been forced to beg the EU for an
extension and no deal has been averted, and then call no confidence in
the government. Sorted! HTH.
Correct. Jezza knows full well that if Johnson can't get a deal from
the EU by Nov 1st that can get through Parliament, (which is highly
unlikely) then the Tory vote will be split by Farage in a later
November election.
Jezza isn't running scared of an election at all. His strategy and
those of the other opposition parties is quite clear.
Interesting, but I did say that 'Corbyn is the only opposition leader to
call for a General Election for two years and then refuse the chance
when it was offered',
That was Boris's taunt at PMQ, as if such childish name calling would
magcally compel Corbyn to call an election. The very notion tells us how
Boris projects his vanity and thinks others act the same as he would.
Bernie
2019-09-05 17:48:55 UTC
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 09:40:46 +0000
Cole's imaginary friend ('Burt') now seems to be getting a pasting
over the issue.
That reminds me of Bean's "I have *Never* originated personal abuse",
and that's not a good thing, Burt.
Keema's Nan
2019-09-05 10:12:22 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Spike
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader to call for a General Election
for two years and then refuse the chance when it was offered.
He’s giving BoJo a few more weeks worth of rope to hang himself with, Burt.
The smartest thing for the opposition parties to do is to get into
November, after Boris has been forced to beg the EU for an extension and no
deal has been averted, and then call no confidence in the government.
Sorted! HTH.
Correct. Jezza knows full well that if Johnson can't get a deal from
the EU by Nov 1st that can get through Parliament, (which is highly
unlikely) then the Tory vote will be split by Farage in a later
November election.
And the Labour vote will be split by the LibDems.
Post by Rambo
Jezza isn't running scared of an election at all. His strategy and
those of the other opposition parties is quite clear.
He is running scared of an election until well after Nov 1st. He is just
running down the clock.

What were the insults that the Remainers threw at Boris for running down the
Brexit clock?
Please run them by me again....
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-05 10:13:54 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
[...]
Oh dear.
Oh dear oh dear.
Ther leave vote is *already* split by the brexit party along the lines
of 15% TBP 35% tory.

Nigel will do a deal

Remain is split all over the place - SNP, labour, liberal democlots,
Greens and assorted commnunists and fascists.

AND remain is concentrated ion a very few massively remain constiuencies
in major public sector towns.

Leave will wipe the floor with remain in a GE

Which is why only Boris and Farage want one
Dave Plowman (News)
2019-09-05 15:21:59 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Pamela
[...]
Quite. And Boris calling him chicken sums it up. Calling someone chicken
says they won't take a stupid risk. Rather laudable to me.
--
*By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Norman Wells
2019-09-05 08:23:55 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by michael adams
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election. I wonder
why...
Because unlike Jeremy Corbyn he's appeared on "Have I Got News For You"
six times, and "Top Gear" twice.
Which obviously makes him far better Prime Ministerial material.
In fact the only way he could have proved himself even more suitable
would be if he'd hosted a few series of "The Apprentice" as well.
Next question ?
Boris is an incompetent clown wherever he appears. Currently he's the
only British prime minister who has lost every vote.
And Corbyn is the only opposition leader in history to spurn the
opportunity of a general election that could get rid of him.

Strange times.
michael adams
2019-09-04 16:44:36 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...

If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)

As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.

Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?

The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the
dispatch box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.

Anyway, thank you for your question.

michael adams

charles
2019-09-04 17:13:44 UTC
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.
Post by michael adams
As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.
Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?
The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the dispatch
box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.
Anyway, thank you for your question.
michael adams
from KT24 in Surrey, England
charles
2019-09-04 17:53:00 UTC
Post by charles
Post by michael adams
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election. I
wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel
Tories and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus
maintaining or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the
Tory vote.
Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside
the Party?
The Guildford MP, one of the 'rebels', was reflecting the opinions of her
constituents - who voted 'remain'. She might do very well on her own.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
michael adams
2019-09-04 18:41:52 UTC
Post by charles
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.
That's probably why he's in such a hurry. Getting organised
to fight an election as an independent takes some doing and
also money. Its the sort of detail the agent will have taken
care of previously, getting leaflets printed, arranging
canvassing. Independants like Frank Field were threatening
to jump ship for years and so will probably already
have made plenty of preparations.
Rory Stewart was on the TV insisting he's still a
Conservative and maybe some of the others as well.
For some of them standing against the official candidites
would probably destroy any hopes of their being
re-admitted into the Party under a new leader as maybe
they hope will happen.

Interesting times.

michael adams

dennis@home
2019-09-04 18:49:56 UTC
Post by charles
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.
Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside
the Party?
They wouldnt split the tory vote, they would split the lib dem vote.,
Now a one issue 'remain' protest party.
They aren't remain, they are the population wants a deal.

Its democracy in action.
jeikppkywk
2019-09-04 20:37:42 UTC
Post by charles
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the Tory
vote.
Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside the
Party?
Yep, some of them who are very well accepted by their constituency would be.

That’s how Carswell got to be a UKIP MP.
They wouldnt split the tory vote, they would split the lib dem vote.,
True.
Now a one issue 'remain' protest party.
Peeler
2019-09-04 20:56:19 UTC
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 06:37:42 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous
Post by jeikppkywk
Yep, some of them who are very well accepted by their constituency would be.
That’s how Carswell got to be a UKIP MP.
They wouldnt split the tory vote, they would split the lib dem vote.,
True.
NOBODY talked to you, you trolling senile pest from Oz!
--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Post by charles
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel
Tories and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus
maintaining or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
and these current MPS might stand as Independents, so splitting the
Tory vote.
Do you REALLY think any of them will even retain their deposit outside
the Party?
They wouldnt split the tory vote, they would split the lib dem vote.,
Now a one issue 'remain' protest party.
Philip Hammond, Nicholas Soames, Ken Clarke all have strong enough local
support to split the Tory vote.

Another question might be whether Boris would get elected if the Tories
dumped him.
dennis@home
2019-09-04 18:51:39 UTC
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.
Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?
The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the
dispatch box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.
Anyway, thank you for your question.
So you admit that the popular mandate in the country is with Boris?
And leaving?
Without a deal?
So why not have a 'peoples vote' on it?
Stop making stuff up.
Most of the population want a deal including those that voted leave.
Keema's Nan
2019-09-04 19:04:51 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
When people say “most of the population” they usually mean their mummy,
daddy, big sister (who they spy on in their bedroom), and the dog.
dennis@home
2019-09-05 10:34:16 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
Current polls show that there isn't even a majority of brexiteers that
want no deal.

They do show a majority of brexiteers that would support no deal if the
EU was the one causing the problems, which it isn't.

So overall of the people that voted about 70% don't want a no deal
brexit so parliament is acting on the will of the people as it is
supposed to unlike boris who couldn't give a stuff about the people as
long as they vote for him.
NY
2019-09-05 10:59:12 UTC
They do show a majority of brexiteers that would support no deal if the EU
was the one causing the problems, which it isn't.
That point of view is debatable. If the EU and the UK can't reach an
agreement on a deal which is acceptable to UK MPs, is the fault a) the EU's,
b) the UK's, c) both the EU's and the UK's. I'd go for option c): *both*
sides need to give ground if they are to reach a compromise, and be prepared
to abandon entrenched positions or restrictive rules of engagement.

I hope we reach an *acceptable* deal by 31 October. Failing that, I just
want to get out of Europe and abandon the EU. I am pig-sick of MPs stalling
and preventing what was decided by the referendum from taking place.

Is the EU willing to lose £39 billion in "divorce settlement" if the UK
leaves without a deal? Is the UK willing to live with the consequences of no
deal? Which side will give in?

Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being able to
call general elections at a time of their choosing? If the Conservatives are
returned with a greater majority, I wonder if that rule will be reversed -
or at least changed to ignore anyone who abstains: the result of the vote
was 298 votes in favour of an election to 56 against, this was less than the
2/3 of the *total* number of MPs. In any election, those who abstain should
be disregarded; not to do so is to implicitly add their numbers to the
losing side.
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-05 11:08:12 UTC
Post by NY
Post by ***@home
They do show a majority of brexiteers that would support no deal if
the EU was the one causing the problems, which it isn't.
That point of view is debatable. If the EU and the UK can't reach an
agreement on a deal which is acceptable to UK MPs, is the fault a) the
*both* sides need to give ground if they are to reach a compromise, and
be prepared to abandon entrenched positions or restrictive rules of
engagement.
No they dont.

Because no deal is in fact the optimal outcome for both.
It's a terrible outcome for *Europe*, but Europe is - as it is rapidly
realizing - not something te EU gives a tuppeny fuck about.
Post by NY
I hope we reach an *acceptable* deal by 31 October.
We wont.
Post by NY
Failing that, I just
want to get out of Europe and abandon the EU. I am pig-sick of MPs
stalling and preventing what was decided by the referendum from taking
place.
Indeed.
Post by NY
Is the EU willing to lose £39 billion in "divorce settlement" if the UK
leaves without a deal? Is the UK willing to live with the consequences
of no deal? Which side will give in?
The EU will, if te remainer plots dont work, accept no deal and then
demand £39bn before it sits down to talk trade.

I *hope* that Boris says 'come back when you have changed your mind'
Post by NY
Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being able
to call general elections at a time of their choosing?
Civil service wanted to guarantee stability with the clegg/cameron
coalition.
Post by NY
If the
Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if that
rule will be reversed - or at least changed to ignore anyone who
abstains: the result of the vote was 298 votes in favour of an election
to 56 against, this was less than the 2/3 of the *total* number of MPs.
In any election, those who abstain should be disregarded; not to do so
is to implicitly add their numbers to the losing side.
Indeed. a clever move by Corbyn.

Defeat it without actually voting against it.

IF we get a proper brexit government woth a mandate LOTS of what has
been going on - particularly BerCunts role - needs to be revisited.
..I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
dennis@home
2019-09-05 11:32:45 UTC
Post by NY
If the Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if
that rule will be reversed - or at least changed to ignore anyone who
abstains: the result of the vote was 298 votes in favour of an
election to 56 against, this was less than the 2/3 of the *total*
number of MPs. In any election, those who abstain should be
disregarded; not to do so is to implicitly add their numbers to the
losing side.
Indeed. a clever move by Corbyn.
Defeat it without actually voting against it.
IF we get a proper brexit government woth a mandate LOTS of what has
been going on - particularly BerCunts role - needs to be revisited.
Yet more threats from brexiteers.

If brexiteers really don't like parliamentary democracy then they should
find a country that they do like and leave.
charles
2019-09-05 11:08:53 UTC
Post by NY
Post by ***@home
[...]
Introduced by the Limp Dems as part of their coalition deal with Cameron
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
dennis@home
2019-09-05 11:28:32 UTC
Post by NY
Post by ***@home
[...]
The rules haven't changed.
boris would like them to.

We have an election anyway..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49594793

boris's brother has quit being a tory MP so there will be a bye election.

Even he doesn't want to leave.
Norman Wells
2019-09-05 12:56:55 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by NY
Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being
able to call general elections at a time of their choosing? If the
Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if that
rule will be reversed - or at least changed to ignore anyone who
abstains: the result of the vote was 298 votes in favour of an
election to 56 against, this was less than the 2/3 of the *total*
number of MPs. In any election, those who abstain should be
disregarded; not to do so is to implicitly add their numbers to the
losing side.
The rules haven't changed.
boris would like them to.
Perhaps he or his predecessor should have done it already. Its repeal
was a pledge in the Conservative Party's 2017 manifesto.
charles
2019-09-05 13:12:16 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by ***@home
Post by NY
Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being
able to call general elections at a time of their choosing? If the
Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if that
rule will be reversed - or at least changed to ignore anyone who
abstains: the result of the vote was 298 votes in favour of an
election to 56 against, this was less than the 2/3 of the *total*
number of MPs. In any election, those who abstain should be
disregarded; not to do so is to implicitly add their numbers to the
losing side.
The rules haven't changed.
boris would like them to.
Perhaps he or his predecessor should have done it already. Its repeal
was a pledge in the Conservative Party's 2017 manifesto.
and yet it only became law a few years earlier - when Cameron was PM.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Robin
2019-09-05 17:26:54 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Norman Wells
Post by ***@home
Post by NY
Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being
able to call general elections at a time of their choosing? If the
Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if that
rule will be reversed - or at least changed to ignore anyone who
abstains: the result of the vote was 298 votes in favour of an
election to 56 against, this was less than the 2/3 of the *total*
number of MPs. In any election, those who abstain should be
disregarded; not to do so is to implicitly add their numbers to the
losing side.
The rules haven't changed.
boris would like them to.
Perhaps he or his predecessor should have done it already. Its repeal
was a pledge in the Conservative Party's 2017 manifesto.
and yet it only became law a few years earlier - when Cameron was PM.
[I wonder why people don't DIY a bit of background before posting such
stuff]

It was the coalition agreement wot dunnit.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-term_Parliaments_Act_2011#Reasons_for_changing_the_previous_system>

"Prior to the 2010 general election, the Conservative Party manifesto
made no mention of fixed-term parliaments. The Labour Party manifesto
said it would introduce fixed-term parliaments, but did not say how long
they would be. The Liberal Democrat manifesto included a pledge to
introduce four-year fixed-term parliaments.

The journalist John Rentoul has suggested that one of the subsequent
coalition government's motives for passing the legislation was a concern
about its own potential instability. In this view the legislation was
intended to make it difficult for either coalition partner to force an
early election and bring the government down."

It's not insignificant that the Bill was introduced by Nick Clegg.
--
Robin
Rod Speed
2019-09-05 18:06:15 UTC
Post by NY
Post by ***@home
They do show a majority of brexiteers that would support no deal if the
EU was the one causing the problems, which it isn't.
That point of view is debatable. If the EU and the UK can't reach an
agreement on a deal which is acceptable to UK MPs, is the fault a) the
*both* sides need to give ground if they are to reach a compromise, and be
prepared to abandon entrenched positions or restrictive rules of
engagement.
Trouble is that the irish border is a real problem for that, particularly
if you believe that a hard border there would see the stupid irish
blowing each other up again. I don’t believe that, but clearly some do.

And its not hard to see why the EU doesn’t want no border controls
at all there with the UK out of the EU. But less clear why they arent
prepared to agree to the same arrangement between Denmark and
Greenland. Greenland isnt in the EU.
Post by NY
I hope we reach an *acceptable* deal by 31 October.
Cant see that happening given Barnier's recent article in
the Telegraph where he was completely intransigent about
the backstop unless that’s just an ambit claim/bluff etc.
Post by NY
Failing that, I just want to get out of Europe and abandon the EU. I am
pig-sick of MPs stalling and preventing what was decided by the referendum
from taking place.
Is the EU willing to lose £39 billion in "divorce settlement" if the UK
leaves without a deal?
Boris has said that the UK will pay what it
owes, but in his usual style, hasn’t made it
clear if he considers that to be £39B or even
if the meant that even with a no deal brexit.
Post by NY
Is the UK willing to live with the consequences of no deal?
The odds would have to be with that given the detail of
Article 50, but clearly lots hate the idea of a no deal brexit
and I believe that many of them honestly believe that it
would have bad economic consequences for the UK.
Post by NY
Which side will give in?
The UK doesn’t have to give in to end up with a no deal brexit
but its hard to see the current parliament buying that.
Post by NY
Whose silly idea was it to change the rules about governments being able
to call general elections at a time of their choosing?
Fixed term parliaments have always been one of those fashion
things. The yanks have always had that approach and they arent
alone on that. And plenty of countrys have changed to fixed terms.
Post by NY
If the Conservatives are returned with a greater majority, I wonder if
that rule will be reversed
I don’t recall any country changing back after going for fixed terms
but I have never researched that. Likely some banana republic etc
has. There doesn’t appear to be a comprehensive wiki on that.
Post by NY
or at least changed to ignore anyone who abstains: the result of the vote
was 298 votes in favour of an election to 56 against, this was less than
the 2/3 of the *total* number of MPs.
Yeah, pretty poor drafting there.
michael adams
2019-09-05 18:20:47 UTC
And its not hard to see why the EU doesn't want no border controls
at all there with the UK out of the EU. But less clear why they arent
prepared to agree to the same arrangement between Denmark and
Greenland. Greenland isnt in the EU.
That might not be entirely unconnected with the fact that
Greenland is an island which is 2,920 km away from Denmark.

Whereas the distance between the Republic of Ireland and
Northern Ireland is around 0.000000001 mm.

At a rough guess.

HTH

michael adams

Peeler
2019-09-05 18:20:34 UTC
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 04:06:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by Rod Speed
Trouble is that the irish border
Trouble is that it's ALL none of yours, trolling senile Ozzie pest!
Rod Speed
2019-09-05 20:29:21 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
Of course it is given that Barnier has just said that the backstop is non
negotiable.
Post by ***@home
So overall of the people that voted about 70% don't want a no deal brexit
They clearly do given that it’s the EU that wont
allow a deal that the parliament will accept.
Post by ***@home
so parliament is acting on the will of the people
Another remoaner lie.
Peeler
2019-09-05 20:54:46 UTC
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 06:29:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Of course
Of course you are only a trolling piece of senile Ozzie shit, senile Rodent!
Ian Jackson
2019-09-04 19:36:45 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
These days, I doubt if most of the population even want to leave at all.
Ian
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-04 20:17:34 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
Bless.

Well then - have an election.
--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.
jeikppkywk
2019-09-04 21:14:44 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
Hard to get one when even that fool Corbyn knows he would lose lots of
seats.
Peeler
2019-09-04 21:32:50 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
These days, I doubt if most of the population even want to leave at all.
Bless.
Well then - have an election.
Hard to get one when even that fool Corbyn knows he would lose lots of
seats.
Even Corbyn isn't as much of a fool as you and especially no pathological
trolling asshole like you, you abnormal senile pest from Oz!
Pamela
Have a referendum on the best deal or Remain.
dennis@home
2019-09-05 10:48:43 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
We are not going to give boris the option of delaying the election until
after the 29th!
Live with it.
dennis@home
The majority would prefer to stay rather than have no deal.
charles
2019-09-05 11:04:33 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by ***@home
Post by michael adams
[...]
No deal is called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
michael adams
2019-09-04 19:11:50 UTC
Post by michael adams
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The actual answer...
If he calls an election the constituencies of the deselected rebel Tories
and retirees will be able to put up new loyal candidates. Thus maintaining
or increasing his majority (so he hopes)
As it is, his position is falling away as a result of withdrawing the
whip from the rebels who are either going to vote against him, or abstain.
Why should Corbyn want to help him out at this point ?
The penny possibly dropped as he was facing Corbyn across the
dispatch box and was reduced I believe, to calling him a big girl's blouse.
Anyway, thank you for your question.
So you admit that the popular mandate in the country is with Boris?
Er no. What makes yoyu say that ? I'm not even sure what you mean by the
popular mandate in this context.
And leaving?
Without a deal?
So why not have a 'peoples vote' on it?
Have another referendum ?

There's another twenty posts worth of trollinhg on that one.

michael adams

Tim Lamb
2019-09-04 16:54:47 UTC
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by Spike
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.
Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of
this country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this
where we started?
Of course it is not.
All countries havce civil servants who are unelected and make
decisions, but in Britain thay are answerable to ministers, and those
ministers are answerable to the public via the electoral process.
Not so in the EU.
I thought you would rise to that:-)
Post by The Natural Philosopher
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
I wonder why...
The pundits say he has choice of date and could make it after the 31st.

Interesting to see if the Lords talk out the delay bill.
Tim Lamb
jeikppkywk
2019-09-04 20:12:04 UTC
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by Spike
[...]
He just said that he doesn’t and I bet he means that.
I wonder why...
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-04 20:18:08 UTC
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Stephen Cole
They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.
Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of
this country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this
where we started?
Of course it is not.
All countries havce civil servants who are unelected and make
decisions, but in Britain thay are answerable to ministers, and those
ministers are answerable to the public via the electoral process.
Not so in the EU.
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
He just said that he doesn’t and I bet he means that.
Then why is he introducing a bill to try and have one?

Jonathan Swift.
jeikppkywk
2019-09-04 21:17:09 UTC
Post by Tim Lamb
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Stephen Cole
They can control parliamentary proceedings as much as they like, but it
will not get them out of the trap.
Meaning it is actually Cummings who controls things?
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
Are you implying that there is person making decisions on behalf of
this country who is unelected and can't be got rid of? Isn't this where
we started?
Of course it is not.
All countries havce civil servants who are unelected and make decisions,
but in Britain thay are answerable to ministers, and those ministers are
answerable to the public via the electoral process.
Not so in the EU.
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
He just said that he doesn’t and I bet he means that.
Then why is he introducing a bill to try and have one?
To try bluff the rest of the fools into not making a no deal brexit illegal.

He knows there is no chance of a 2/3 majority voting for a general election.
I wonder why...
Peeler
2019-09-04 21:36:13 UTC
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 07:17:09 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous
Post by jeikppkywk
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Then why is he introducing a bill to try and have one?
To try bluff the rest of the fools into not making a no deal brexit illegal.
He knows there is no chance of a 2/3 majority voting for a general election.
Hey, are trying to distract from the FACT that you just ignominiously LIED
when you claimed that he "he just said that he doesn’t [want an election]",
you senile cretin from Oz?
Peeler
2019-09-04 20:57:26 UTC
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 06:12:04 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous
Post by jeikppkywk
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Not so in the EU.
It is strange how at the moment only Boris wants an election.
He just said that he doesn’t and I bet he means that.
Hallucinating now, you 85-year-old senile idiot from Oz? LOL
Keema's Nan
2019-09-04 11:42:23 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
The one called 'UK Parliament logical and adult decisions'.
Very apt for you Brexiteers.
dennis@home
2019-09-04 11:46:34 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
The one called 'UK Parliament logical and adult decisions'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893

The UK parliament is doing what the majority say they want.

To do anything else is undemocratic.
Rod Speed
2019-09-04 19:30:24 UTC
Post by ***@home
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
Yes, Corbyn (and his dimwit supporters) have walked right into Boris‘s
trap.
Which desert is your head buried in?
The one called 'UK Parliament logical and adult decisions'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893
The UK parliament is doing what the majority say they want.
Nope, what the polls claim that the majority say they want.
Post by ***@home
To do anything else is undemocratic.
Yeah, fuck the referendum where we can see what
those who bothered to vote said they wanted.
Norman Wells
2019-09-04 09:02:31 UTC
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election,
we're ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean
that exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it
should be led.

Can you get back to us on that one please?
Roger Hayter
2019-09-04 09:40:15 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election,
we're ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean
that exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it
should be led.
Can you get back to us on that one please?
Perhaps Corbyn thinks that preventing no-deal Brexit is more important
than becoming PM. Boris could easily change the date of the election
to November, after Brexit. So just be patient a week unilt the No Deal
Act is law and I'm sure we'll be glad to arrange a general election.
Roger Hayter
Keema's Nan
2019-09-04 09:52:13 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Spike
[...]
Spiders are not nicknamed Boris for no reason.

They lure the innocent unwary into their webs, and by the time they realise
what has happened it is too late.....
michael adams
2019-09-04 11:53:52 UTC
"Keema's Nan" <***@bungay.com> wrote in message news:***@news.giganews.com...
.
Post by Keema's Nan
Spiders are not nicknamed Boris for no reason.
<quote>

"Boris the Spider" (1966) was written after Entwistle had been out drinking
with the Rolling Stones' bass guitarist, Bill Wyman. They were making up funny
names for animals when Entwistle came up with "Boris the Spider".

</quote>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_the_Spider

michael adams

tim...
2019-09-04 12:01:17 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Spike
[...]
except that they are not :-)

tim
Norman Wells
2019-09-04 09:58:20 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Spike
[...]
By which time Labour will have staged a remarkable recovery in the polls
from the 20% or so it languishes at at the moment, will it?

Seems a bit risky to me.

Maybe Corbyn will have to find another excuse not to get rid of this
dangerous government he despises so much.
Dave Plowman (News)
2019-09-04 10:16:41 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Maybe Corbyn will have to find another excuse not to get rid of this
dangerous government he despises so much.
Which means you must approve of them?

Good to know there is one, at least.
--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Stephen Cole
2019-09-04 14:52:59 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Spike
[...]
Nonsense.
Corbyn knows he will be toast in an election and is too cowardly to risk
agreeing to one.
Labour landslide before Christmas, OM.
Boris has will not only secure Brexit but ensure Labour is unelectable
for at least a decade.
You shouldn’t be this pissed up so early in the day, Brian.
NY
2019-09-04 09:42:27 UTC
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election, we're
ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean that
exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it should
be led.
I think Corbyn is hoping that he will become PM by default if there is a
vote of no confidence in Boris and the government. That way he won't have to
face a general election for some time - maybe until the current fixed term
expires.

To my mind, this concept of the *opposition* leader being made the caretaker
PM is utterly abhorrent. He and the Labour party came *second*, so they
should never have any chance of becoming PM/government - except through a
general election. I'd like to see a vote of no confidence trigger an
automatic general election, once the present government has done what it can
to win back parliament's confidence, and failed to do so.

I'm waiting to see how long Corbyn lasts, and how long it takes the Labour
party to realise that the only way for them to win a general election is to
replace him with a more right-wing, Blair-like leader with matching
policies.
Norman Wells
2019-09-04 10:10:58 UTC
Post by NY
Post by Spike
[...]
It doesn't work like that. If there's a vote of no confidence, and that
passes, there has to be another vote within 14 days reversing that or
there has to be a general election. Boris would be under no obligation
to resign after the first vote. He's fully entitled to stay on and try
to get it reversed. And while there's no vacancy as Prime Minister,
no-one else can be appointed.

It's pie-in-the-sky to think Corbyn could become Prime Minister by
default, even if all the opposition parties and the Tory rebels united
behind him, which of course they won't.
Post by NY
To my mind, this concept of the *opposition* leader being made the
caretaker PM is utterly abhorrent. He and the Labour party came
*second*, so they should never have any chance of becoming PM/government
- except through a general election. I'd like to see a vote of no
confidence trigger an automatic general election, once the present
government has done what it can to win back parliament's confidence, and
failed to do so.
But a vote of no confidence would have to be triggered by Labour, and
they've backed away from that this week because they really, really
don't want a general election in which they would lose a lot of seats.
That's the reason they've decided rather pathetically for an opposition
not even to support a call for an early general election. Whatever
their excuses, they're actually running scared.
Post by NY
I'm waiting to see how long Corbyn lasts, and how long it takes the
Labour party to realise that the only way for them to win a general
election is to replace him with a more right-wing, Blair-like leader
with matching policies.
With the £3 Trots in control of who is leader, he's likely to be in post
for some considerable time, for good or bad.
Rod Speed
2019-09-04 10:26:05 UTC
Post by NY
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Spike
[...]
Cant see they having enough of a clue to have another Blair again, or
there being another Blair again either. That doesn’t happen more than
once, just like there is only ever the one Thatcher or Churchill either.
Peeler
2019-09-04 10:50:32 UTC
On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 20:26:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by Rod Speed
Cant see they having enough of a clue to have another Blair again, or
there being another Blair again either. That doesn’t happen more than
once, just like there is only ever the one Thatcher or Churchill either.
LOL You just HAVE to auto-contradict, you senile trolling Australian
asshole! It's certainly one of the main reasons why you became a forsaken
senile cretin in real life and why you NEED to troll on Usenet!
"You can fuck off as you know less than pig shit you sad
little ignorant cunt."
MID: <***@haph.org>
tim...
2019-09-04 11:56:32 UTC
Post by Spike
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
It is a bit weak and watery, isn't it? Oh yes, we want an election, we're
ready, bring it on. Oh, you mean *now*? Well, we didn't mean that
exactly, er, obviously. We're not doing too well in the polls, and
weren't expecting one for quite a time yet, and we're not really ready.
Yes, of course we'll do whatever it takes to rid the country of this
dangerous government as soon as possible. It's absolutely necessary.
We're the next government and can't wait to lead the country as it should
be led.
come on Norman

you know as well as anyone that such brickbats will be forgotten in a couple
of month's time, when they agree to an election (after the leaving date has
been extended, or whatever)

tim
Can you get back to us on that one please?
Norman Wells
2019-09-04 13:25:08 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Spike
[...]
Corbyn reminds me of St Augustine;

"Lord, make me chaste - but not yet'.
Keema's Nan
That, and “Lord make me PM - but without any kind of party majority”.
Pamela
2019-09-05 06:49:46 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by tim...
Post by Spike
[...]
Boris's greatest achievement has been to go from a working majority to
minority within weeks. And have Parliament clip his wings.

The papers say, "Cornered Boris Johnson suffers triple Commons defeat".

Now Boris has to find the money for his spending pledges. At the same
time as negotiating his alternative deal (if it exists) with the EU.

What a mess. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
Norman Wells
2019-09-05 08:01:00 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Corbyn reminds me of St Augustine;
"Lord, make me chaste - but not yet'.
That, and Lord make me PM - but without any kind of party
majority.
Boris's greatest achievement has been to go from a working majority to
minority within weeks. And have Parliament clip his wings.
No, this is another misunderstanding of yours. He never had a 'working
majority' except with the support of the DUP, and their support was only
on a 'supply and confidence' basis, ie guaranteed in certain votes at
certain times.

I suggest you go and read up about that sort of agreement to avoid
further ignorant outbursts.
Post by Pamela
The papers say, "Cornered Boris Johnson suffers triple Commons defeat".
They can count up to three then? That's an improvement.
Post by Pamela
Now Boris has to find the money for his spending pledges.
Not necessarily. Unless of course you assume, as it seems you do, that
he will win a general election in the near future. If he doesn't, it
won't be his government that has to find any money at all.
Post by Pamela
At the same
time as negotiating his alternative deal (if it exists) with the EU.
He can be told to write a letter to the EU - actually, he doesn't have
to write anything but has to just cut it out of the Bill that nicely
sets it all out for him - but it's very difficult to make him negotiate
anything at all or even know if he's doing anything.
Post by Pamela
What a mess. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
The answer of course for a minority government unable to do anything
because Parliament is against it, is to have a general election. That's
in the national interest. But the opposition leader, for the only time
in history, has spurned the opportunity to have an election and take over.

It's as if Corbyn doesn't really want to. And that's a bit strange or
even hypocritical given his bombastic 'I'm ready, we're ready, bring it
on' attitude just a couple of days ago.

We live in very strange times.
The Todal
2019-09-05 10:57:08 UTC
To coin a phrase, "you lost. Get over it".
tim...
2019-09-05 10:33:56 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by tim...
Post by Spike
[...]
if it wasn't him, what do you think would be fundamentally different?

Brexit isn't resolved and Parliament can't agree on what to do.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, it's always going to be a mess

at least Boris tried to put a time limit on the mess

tim
Pamela
2019-09-05 15:41:43 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Pamela
On 4 Sep 2019, Norman Wells wrote (in article
Post by Norman Wells
Post by tim...
Post by Spike
[...]
Boris's time limit is creating a mess that wasn't there to start with.

Now Boris is flailing around as head of a government minority of his own
creation.

That's karma.
tim...
2019-09-05 08:48:01 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by tim...
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Spike
[...]
here's how the Mail calls it:

"Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Jeremy Corbyn chickens
out of letting public go to the polls as Labour MPs abstain to inflict
humiliating defeat on PM"

Not exactly a Corbyn supporting (or Boris bashing) organ

What do you think will be most remembered when we do get to the next
election

Jeremy Chickening Out

or

Boris being Humiliated?
Norman Wells
Boris being prepared to put it to the people, as is right and proper.
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-05 10:10:22 UTC
Post by tim...
What do you think will be most remembered when we do get to the next
election
Jeremy Chickening Out
or
Boris being Humiliated?
Boris hasnt been humiliated.

Corbyn has chickened out
Dave Plowman (News)
2019-09-05 15:31:14 UTC
Post by tim...
What do you think will be most remembered when we do get to the next
election
Jeremy Chickening Out
or
Boris being Humiliated?
Boris hasnt been humiliated.
Not even by his brother resigning to spend more time away from his family?
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Corbyn has chickened out
--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Rod Speed
2019-09-05 19:52:26 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Norman Wells
Post by tim...
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Spike
[...]
Neither, it will mostly be about avoiding Corbyn being the PM for other
reasons.
Peeler
2019-09-05 20:13:54 UTC
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 05:52:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Post by Rod Speed
Neither, it will mostly be about
It is all about your trolling, you trolling 85-year-old senile pest!
The Natural Philosopher
2019-09-04 09:21:12 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Stephen Cole
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.
The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didn’t want that.
At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
A small scorpion like being, with nothing to base a life on except spite.

Oh! Jeremy Corbyn!

Even the snowflakes have moved on.
or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Stephen Cole
2019-09-04 14:52:59 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Stephen Cole
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great! Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Goodbye any thin veneer of democracy.
The people voted for Brexit, but the Establishment didn’t want that.
At least now the electorate are finding out before they have to vote (if they
can be bothered) ever again.
We're about to see Cole's Comrade Corbyn not support a Parliamentary
vote for the General Election he's been screaming for for so long. It's
quite the spectacle to see the real Jeremy Corbyn exposed and crushed.
We’ll make no deal illegal first, Burt, then acquiesce to an election when
it suits us. HTH, OM, YFI.
Pamela
2019-09-03 19:22:13 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What's more, he looked terrified at points, like
he's just realising for the first time that he's not actually
remotely competent for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It's
going to be great!
Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Like all failed bullies and aspiring dictators, Boris can't handle any
pushback.

All he did today in Parliament was waffle platitudes.
CheeseySock
2019-09-03 19:55:56 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like
he’s just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely
competent for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s
going to be great!
Goodbye Brexit! :-D
well, that's an opinion...

I reckon may be lowest ever turnout in an election as I reckon they are
all a bunch of duplicitous arrogant self-serving shite! members of
duplicitous arrogant self-serving shite secret society!

the open conspiracy eh! plain to see!

no one voted to exit the eu with all orifices plugged with eu dick eh!
Keema's Nan
2019-09-03 20:17:09 UTC
Post by CheeseySock
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like
he’s just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely
competent for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s
going to be great!
Goodbye Brexit! :-D
well, that's an opinion...
I reckon may be lowest ever turnout in an election as I reckon they are
all a bunch of duplicitous arrogant self-serving shite! members of
duplicitous arrogant self-serving shite secret society!
Not so secret now we see Cercle Clarke having his pre-planned say.
Post by CheeseySock
the open conspiracy eh! plain to see!
Exactly. At least they can’t run and hide any more pretending the plebs are
all conspiracy nutters, or whatever the Bilderberg /Redwood Grove
conspirators have decided they must be called.
CheeseySock
2019-09-03 20:50:25 UTC
Post by CheeseySock
the open conspiracy eh! plain to see!
Exactly. At least they can’t run and hide any more pretending the plebs
are all conspiracy nutters, or whatever the Bilderberg /Redwood Grove
conspirators have decided they must be called.
oh yes they can!
Post by CheeseySock
no one voted to exit the eu with all orifices plugged with eu dick eh!
Actually I think owen jones and connie huq might be pleased with that
brexit deal!
Keema's Nan
2019-09-03 21:10:09 UTC
Post by CheeseySock
no one voted to exit the eu with all orifices plugged with eu dick eh!
Actually I think owen jones and connie huq might be pleased with that
brexit deal!
The choice now faced by ordinary British people is between a neoliberal EU
supported by millionaires like Kenneth Clarke; or an ultra-neoliberal Brexit
supported by multimillionaires like Jacob Rees-Mogg.

That is some choice......

And yet the sheep-brained pleb remainers still can’t see this.
CheeseySock
2019-09-03 22:17:55 UTC
Post by CheeseySock
no one voted to exit the eu with all orifices plugged with eu dick eh!
Actually I think owen jones and connie huq might be pleased with that
brexit deal!
The choice now faced by ordinary British people is between a neoliberal
EU supported by millionaires like Kenneth Clarke; or an ultra-neoliberal
Brexit supported by multimillionaires like Jacob Rees-Mogg.
That is some choice......
And yet the sheep-brained pleb remainers still can’t see this.
if neoliberal = maoist stalinist then yeah, choice is (always has been)
shit or equally as shit. depending on your viewpoint one may be shitter
than the other, myself I think this world is run by a shit elite full
stop. and the shit elite you might throw rocks at are like shit to the
real shit elite.... (though obviously they have a system of carrot and
stick in place to promote the real shit to the ultra shit-ranks.... and
keep the other shit in their place.... a system of bullies and
gossips....)
Stephen Cole
2019-09-04 05:15:05 UTC
Post by CheeseySock
no one voted to exit the eu with all orifices plugged with eu dick eh!
Actually I think owen jones and connie huq might be pleased with that
brexit deal!
The choice now faced by ordinary British people is between a neoliberal EU
supported by millionaires like Kenneth Clarke; or an ultra-neoliberal Brexit
supported by multimillionaires like Jacob Rees-Mogg.
That is some choice......
And yet the sheep-brained pleb remainers still can’t see this.
Nah. The whole thing will eventually get cancelled, and we’ll stay members
of the EU forever more.
The Iceberg
why do you love the idea of being ruled by Germany? please tell us.
Roger
2019-09-04 20:01:12 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Nah. The whole thing will eventually get cancelled, and we’ll stay members
of the EU forever more.
No, you can't be a member of a single entity, you become part of the whole.

Quite a provincial part in the case of the case of the UK.
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp ESQ [IRL]
2019-09-04 20:58:31 UTC
On 3 Sep 2019 16:12:55 GMT, Stephen Cole
Post by Stephen Cole
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What’s more, he looked terrified at points, like he’s
just realising for the first time that he’s not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!
So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It’s going
to be great!
Goodbye Brexit! :-D
Boris is far from out of his depth. He is a worthy leader of Britain.

He might be outclassed if he went for the post of communial latrine
attendant in a liberian slum, but as a PM in Britain, his skills and
integrity, [or lack of it] make him a perfect figurehead.

AB