Put a glass of water to keep Jesus out
2018-04-06 18:31:36 UTC
Paganism is always in the shadow of Christianity. A neighbor of mine who's "spiritual" tells me to keep a glass of water around to absorb the "bad energy" present in my home. I haven't done it yet. ;)
If you didn't live in a semi-tropical environment, I'd suggest
having a bowl of water on the kitchen counter to evaporate into
dry, winter air. A humidifier (or in your case, a dehumidifier,)
might be more efficient than that. HVAC equipment with built-in
humidity control might be best.
The only energy that bowl of water would affect would be the
buildup of static electricity, which happens in cold, dry climates.
You could just ride your bicycle down a hill and enjoy the breeze!
Kevin R
I think the water is supposed to bring the good spirits in.
Actually the water may be to keep Jesus out. Somehow the good spirits always win.

FUN & COLORFUL
facebook.com/liboriojolgorio

THE JUNGLE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nffbCR_uCZ6znjf3gLiFRXSAoLzhWtoZ6U4S7Y37aKc/edit?usp=sharing

#BikeForPeace #HammockForPeace
2018-04-06 23:55:34 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
Paganism is always in the shadow of Christianity. A neighbor of mine who's "spiritual" tells me to keep a glass of water around to absorb the "bad energy" present in my home. I haven't done it yet. ;)
If you didn't live in a semi-tropical environment, I'd suggest
having a bowl of water on the kitchen counter to evaporate into
dry, winter air. A humidifier (or in your case, a dehumidifier,)
might be more efficient than that. HVAC equipment with built-in
humidity control might be best.
The only energy that bowl of water would affect would be the
buildup of static electricity, which happens in cold, dry climates.
You could just ride your bicycle down a hill and enjoy the breeze!
Kevin R
I think the water is supposed to bring the good spirits in.
Actually the water may be to keep Jesus out. Somehow the good spirits always win.
Except he'd turn it into a glass of wine.
Damn, those magicians know every trick.
2018-04-07 15:01:25 UTC
[...]
Once U invite the spirits in, Jesus is out. He accepts no competition.

My favorite now is vodka.
2018-04-07 16:58:15 UTC
As an occasional wine drinker (I drink wine on any occasion), I would
immediately be moved to enquire "what sort of wine".
Now, a well-aged claret or Burgundy, I would very much appreciate.
A cheap and cheerful quaffing wine, I would happily tolerate.
But what are the chances he would turn that thirst-quenching pure
dihydrogen monoxide into Mad Dog 20/20 or Thunderbird?
R U saying Jesus made cheap wine?
He was Jewish: maybe it would be Manishevitz?
That sounds good for the winos.
johnny-knowall
What is wrong with Taybeh?
Is it kosher? Kosher wine keeps Jesus away.
2018-04-07 19:38:43 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 11:22:43 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
As an occasional wine drinker (I drink wine on any occasion), I would
immediately be moved to enquire "what sort of wine".
Now, a well-aged claret or Burgundy, I would very much appreciate.
A cheap and cheerful quaffing wine, I would happily tolerate.
But what are the chances he would turn that thirst-quenching pure
dihydrogen monoxide into Mad Dog 20/20 or Thunderbird?
R U saying Jesus made cheap wine?
He was Jewish: maybe it would be Manishevitz?
That sounds good for the winos.
What is wrong with Taybeh?
Is it kosher? Kosher wine keeps Jesus away.
We have every reason to believe that Jesus would stay away from a home with kosher water.

He was an anti kosher rebel. He made a point of avoiding kosher.
https://imgflip.com/i/27ygzc?lerp=1523167411449
johnny-knowall
2018-04-08 07:53:28 UTC
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:38:44 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 1:33:03 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by johnny-knowall
[...]
I see; so Jesus was a white caucasian male with blue eyes, long brown hair,
and designer beard/moustache?

Which version of the bible have you been reading?
2018-04-08 13:37:39 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:38:44 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
He was an anti kosher rebel. He made a point of avoiding kosher.
https://imgflip.com/i/27ygzc?lerp=1523167411449
I see; so Jesus was a white caucasian male with blue eyes, long brown hair,
and designer beard/moustache?
Which version of the bible have you been reading?
For all we know, Jesus could have been a humanoid.

https://imgflip.com/i/27f0u3
johnny-knowall
2018-04-08 13:55:40 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:38:44 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
He was an anti kosher rebel. He made a point of avoiding kosher.
https://imgflip.com/i/27ygzc?lerp=1523167411449
I see; so Jesus was a white caucasian male with blue eyes, long brown hair,
and designer beard/moustache?
Which version of the bible have you been reading?
For all we know, Jesus could have been a humanoid.
https://imgflip.com/i/27f0u3
But not a nigger?

Or a raghead?

And not Chinese, despite their civilisation being far more advanced than the
Romans of that period?
2018-04-08 15:15:05 UTC
Post by johnny-knowall
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:38:44 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
He was an anti kosher rebel. He made a point of avoiding kosher.
https://imgflip.com/i/27ygzc?lerp=1523167411449
I see; so Jesus was a white caucasian male with blue eyes, long brown hair,
and designer beard/moustache?
Which version of the bible have you been reading?
For all we know, Jesus could have been a humanoid.
https://imgflip.com/i/27f0u3
But not a nigger?
Or a raghead?
And not Chinese, despite their civilisation being far more advanced than the
Romans of that period?
Yes, he could be all of the above or nothing at all.

He's the perfect franchise.
2018-04-08 17:30:05 UTC
On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 06:41:58 -0700 (PDT), "Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by johnny-knowall
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:38:44 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
He was an anti kosher rebel. He made a point of avoiding kosher.
https://imgflip.com/i/27ygzc?lerp=1523167411449
I see; so Jesus was a white caucasian male with blue eyes, long brown hair,
and designer beard/moustache?
Which version of the bible have you been reading?
For all we know, Jesus could have been a humanoid.
...yes, baby Jesus was most likely some form of advanced
android implant...complete with a nanobot system to simulate human
growth and to repair any damage due to torture and/or crucifixion
later on in life. This would also explain the magic tricks and
healing "miracles". We can now throw out that silly "conception
through the Holy Sprit" hogwash. Christians will have to get their
asses together and do a rewrite on the New Testament. This time
they'll have something that makes a bit of sense !
Jesus was the first humanoid in recorded history and made room for millions more.