i am replacing a 14 year old clothes washer('scrubber'?)
2021-06-06 17:53:16 UTC
it will cost 50€ a year less to run and give
improved water usage...and save people's
time

while idiots worry about windmills capitalism
and science saves the world
Pancho
2021-06-06 18:11:49 UTC
it will cost 50€ a year less to run and give
improved water usage...and save people's
time
while idiots worry about windmills capitalism
and science saves the world
Good to hear. Every year toothpaste brushes whiter. I just don't
understand why my teeth aren't white yet.

Maybe things aren't always as advertised.
abelard
2021-06-06 18:23:10 UTC
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 19:11:49 +0100, Pancho
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
it will cost 50€ a year less to run and give
improved water usage...and save people's
time
while idiots worry about windmills capitalism
and science saves the world
Good to hear. Every year toothpaste brushes whiter. I just don't
understand why my teeth aren't white yet.
try ground up sandstone
this is a calculation...not a lying advertiser's claim!
Joe
2021-06-06 19:39:50 UTC
Post by Pancho
Maybe things aren't always as advertised.
this is a calculation...not a lying advertiser's claim!
The problem being that few situations can be calculated. There are
articles around questioning how 'green' electric cars are, but hardly
any of us have access to the raw data involved, so almost everyone lies
freely, knowing they can't be proved wrong.

E.g.:
http://blog.gorozen.com/blog/exploring-lithium-ion-electric-vehicles-carbon-footprint?utm_campaign=Weekly%20Blog%20Notification&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=131502455&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_7qQPaoaOiPDaj3Oxq7U4viu0G8uQVtbzoIEWcpmAwkM5gB13hyS2NrdWrhOIE7TM7qUQWH4yTTPXm3qS6LRT4kAMd6Q&utm_content=131502455&utm_source=hs_email
2021-06-06 22:01:13 UTC
Post by Pancho
Maybe things aren't always as advertised.
this is a calculation...not a lying advertiser's claim!
The problem being that few situations can be calculated. There are
articles around questioning how 'green' electric cars are, but hardly
any of us have access to the raw data involved, so almost everyone lies
freely, knowing they can't be proved wrong.
http://blog.gorozen.com/blog/exploring-lithium-ion-electric-vehicles-carbon-footprint?utm_campaign=Weekly%20Blog%20Notification&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=131502455&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_7qQPaoaOiPDaj3Oxq7U4viu0G8uQVtbzoIEWcpmAwkM5gB13hyS2NrdWrhOIE7TM7qUQWH4yTTPXm3qS6LRT4kAMd6Q&utm_content=131502455&utm_source=hs_email
the calculations i have done suggest lithium cars
are far from competitive with petrol let alone
diesel
let the early adopters subsidize them

they also will require nuclear power

no wonder those with power seek to curb
the poor
Joe
2021-06-07 07:21:54 UTC
Post by Pancho
[...]
I don't think there's any intention of making enough power available for
widespread ownership of personal motorised transportation. I think the
over-hasty move to electric cars is primarily to make cars available
only to the rich. We saw a hint of this ('you won't need to own a car')
in the massive over-hype of self-driving cars a couple of years ago.

Continuous power will also only be available to the rich, hence 'smart'
meters, which also don't work yet and when they do, will provide
absolutely no benefit to those who pay for them, i.e. us. There are
plenty of signs that Schwab's recently-announced 'you'll own nothing and
be happy' plan goes back many decades.
Farmer Giles
2021-06-07 08:05:30 UTC
Post by Pancho
Maybe things aren't always as advertised.
this is a calculation...not a lying advertiser's claim!
The problem being that few situations can be calculated. There are
articles around questioning how 'green' electric cars are, but hardly
any of us have access to the raw data involved, so almost everyone lies
freely, knowing they can't be proved wrong.
http://blog.gorozen.com/blog/exploring-lithium-ion-electric-vehicles-carbon-footprint?utm_campaign=Weekly%20Blog%20Notification&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=131502455&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_7qQPaoaOiPDaj3Oxq7U4viu0G8uQVtbzoIEWcpmAwkM5gB13hyS2NrdWrhOIE7TM7qUQWH4yTTPXm3qS6LRT4kAMd6Q&utm_content=131502455&utm_source=hs_email
the calculations i have done suggest lithium cars
are far from competitive with petrol let alone
diesel
<Chuckle>

Babbelard's idea of 'calculations'

"Solve the equation
(2x-5)²=7

Abelard's working out

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.politics.misc/msg/3d65aaf3011a9ef4?hl=en&dmode=source

square both sides

4x² + 25 + 2(2x -5) = 49

4x² + 25 + 4x -10 = 49

4x² + 4x + 15 = 49

if you need more details just ask....abelard"
Byker
2021-06-10 17:30:54 UTC
it will cost 50€ a year less to run and give
improved water usage...and save people's
time
while idiots worry about windmills capitalism
and science saves the world
Eco-kooks around the world are careening off the walls over Michael Moore's
"Planet of the Humans," in which he exposes the "Green" movement as the
fraud that it is:

Wow, Michael! I didn't know you had it in ya'!.

Meanwhile the MSM isn't saying shit about it in the vain hope that everyone
will forget about it so it will drop down the memory hole: