Britain Fourth Most Sinophobic Country...
David Edmunds
2020-05-22 08:53:54 UTC
Based on the tweeting frequency of the term #Wuhan Virus Britain comes out fourth. No prizes for guessing who is number one - the USA, India and Canada.

Rapidly becoming Mr Trumps bitches. God help us.

https://thekootneeti.in/2020/05/22/countries-tweeting-wuhanvirus/

David Martin Edmunds
Incubus
2020-05-22 08:59:05 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
Based on the tweeting frequency of the term #Wuhan Virus Britain comes out fourth. No prizes for guessing who is number one - the USA, India and Canada.
Rapidly becoming Mr Trumps bitches. God help us.
https://thekootneeti.in/2020/05/22/countries-tweeting-wuhanvirus/
David Martin Edmunds
There's nothing like a "study" that is based on data culled from Twitter when
it comes to giving an accurate picture of a nation...
Keema's Nan
2020-05-22 09:15:34 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
Based on the tweeting frequency of the term #Wuhan Virus Britain comes out
fourth. No prizes for guessing who is number one - the USA, India and
Canada.
Rapidly becoming Mr Trumps bitches. God help us.
https://thekootneeti.in/2020/05/22/countries-tweeting-wuhanvirus/
David Martin Edmunds
There's nothing like a "study" that is based on data culled from Twitter when
it comes to giving an accurate picture of a nation...
Sadly, this will be the future - Twitter and Wikipedia, the only sources of
factual knowledge for the snowflake and millennial generations.
David Edmunds
2020-05-22 09:52:20 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
Based on the tweeting frequency of the term #Wuhan Virus Britain comes out
fourth. No prizes for guessing who is number one - the USA, India and
Canada.
Rapidly becoming Mr Trumps bitches. God help us.
https://thekootneeti.in/2020/05/22/countries-tweeting-wuhanvirus/
David Martin Edmunds
There's nothing like a "study" that is based on data culled from Twitter when
it comes to giving an accurate picture of a nation...
Sadly, this will be the future - Twitter and Wikipedia, the only sources of
factual knowledge for the snowflake and millennial generations.
<<>>

The source www.thekootneeti.in seems to have actual journalists working for them. Also the people writing for paper news these days seem to have become more likely to let truth seep out a bit bit more. Am I alone in thinking this?

David Martin Edmunds
Roger
2020-05-22 10:53:13 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
Post by David Edmunds
[...]
And the journalists will justify themselves by saying that they are not making the claim, they are just reporting what others are saying.

To be fair journalists now have unfair competition in the form of social media, so they have to creative to be sensationalist within the rules:

A survey on such and such said....That's factual reporting; but has the same credibility as "Donald Trump tweeted...."

How often do we see stories that after repeating the 'rumours' conclude with something that boils down to 'but when we looked into the rumours we could not find any basis in fact'.

How often do we read things like "Experts say that these numbers are in no way comparable, but if we did......."

Then there is the proliferation of "commentary", where people get to do articles with the quality of social media posts sanctioned by the cop out that it's a personal opinion.....
JNugent

How would that paint a more accurate picture?
Roger
2020-05-22 09:18:23 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
Based on the tweeting frequency of the term #Wuhan Virus Britain comes out fourth. No prizes for guessing who is number one - the USA, India and Canada.
Rapidly becoming Mr Trumps bitches. God help us.
https://thekootneeti.in/2020/05/22/countries-tweeting-wuhanvirus/
David Martin Edmunds
There's nothing like a "study" that is based on data culled from Twitter when
it comes to giving an accurate picture of a nation...
But I have absolutely no doubt that this analysis took into account number of twitter users and usage rates in this analysis, otherwise USA would automatically have turned up bigger numbers than, say, Belgium.

And I'm also sure that the results were obtained by using equivalent tags in different languages......such as how you tweet Wuhan virus in German or China virus in Portuguese? Obviously this had to be taken into account lest the results simply indicates which countries are more likely to have twitter posts in English (USA, UK, Canada, India....)

<cynical mode off>

Isn't it amazing the the sort of people who love to claim that everybody who does not think like them is ignorant are also the same people who quote meaningless mumbo jumbo. Then they complain about Trump......what's that phrase about looking at the log in your own eye :D
JNugent
:-)
Basil Jet
2020-05-22 11:59:58 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
Based on the tweeting frequency of the term #Wuhan Virus Britain comes out fourth. No prizes for guessing who is number one - the USA, India and Canada.
Rapidly becoming Mr Trumps bitches. God help us.
https://thekootneeti.in/2020/05/22/countries-tweeting-wuhanvirus/
David Martin Edmunds
Wow, the English speaking countries are the ones that most use English
phrases. Huderthunk.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Tom Troccoli's Dog - 1985 - Tom Troccoli's Dog