saddle sniffing....cavendish moves up to no. 2 in all time tour stage victories
2021-06-29 17:17:16 UTC
cavendish 31
merckx 34
Pancho
2021-07-10 08:30:24 UTC
cavendish 31
merckx 34
You need to do your homework... These figures are way off.
abelard
2021-07-11 14:53:30 UTC
On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 09:30:24 +0100, Pancho
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
cavendish 31
merckx 34
You need to do your homework... These figures are way off.
relativistic space is dynamic

34-34
Pancho
2021-07-13 08:40:36 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
cavendish 31
merckx 34
You need to do your homework... These figures are way off.
relativistic space is dynamic
34-34
Joking aside, this is actually very topical.

Cavendish's career was impacted by Glandular Fever in 2018. Glandular
Fever is a virus with long term effects similar to Long Covid. Three
years later he seems to have recovered.

The MSN present Long Covid as: 10% of Covid infected suffer from it
*and* it can be permanently debilitating. However, I suspect that very
few of the 10% do have permanently debilitating consequences. Like Mark
Cavendish, it just takes a bit of time to recover.
abelard
2021-07-13 11:22:33 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
cavendish 31
merckx 34
You need to do your homework... These figures are way off.
relativistic space is dynamic
34-34
Joking aside, this is actually very topical.
Cavendish's career was impacted by Glandular Fever in 2018. Glandular
Fever is a virus with long term effects similar to Long Covid. Three
years later he seems to have recovered.
The MSN present Long Covid as: 10% of Covid infected suffer from it
*and* it can be permanently debilitating. However, I suspect that very
few of the 10% do have permanently debilitating consequences. Like Mark
Cavendish, it just takes a bit of time to recover.
lack of work hinders recovery from weeks lying
around

you need to work to recover fitness
Pancho
2021-07-13 12:08:59 UTC
Quite right, although it sounds better in German: Arbeit macht gut.
Custos Custodum
2021-07-13 19:45:59 UTC
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:08:59 +0100, Pancho
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
lack of work hinders recovery from weeks lying
around
you need to work to recover fitness
Quite right, although it sounds better in German: Arbeit macht gut.
I suspect the Lardy will find the comparison with the original to be
somewhat odorous. Safer to stick with the more usual "Übung macht den
Meister" (Practice makes perfect).
Pancho
2021-07-13 21:18:52 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by abelard
lack of work hinders recovery from weeks lying
around
you need to work to recover fitness
Quite right, although it sounds better in German: Arbeit macht gut.
I suspect the Lardy will find the comparison with the original to be
somewhat odorous. Safer to stick with the more usual "Übung macht den
Meister" (Practice makes perfect).
With glandular fever you definitely need to avoid heavy exercise for an
extended period.

Hence, claiming that lack of hard work hinders recovery, reminded me of
another phrase with a distorted meaning.