Goodbye Mr Speaker
Add Reply
Farmer Giles
2019-09-10 06:58:42 UTC
And good riddance...
A. Filip
2019-09-10 07:12:45 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
He will stay *too* long, won't he?
Anyway I do not treat promises by politicians too serious.
I do not treat his "promises" as carved in stone *too* .
--
A. Filip
Farmer Giles
2019-09-10 07:24:45 UTC
Post by A. Filip
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
He will stay *too* long, won't he?
Anyway I do not treat promises by politicians too serious.
I do not treat his "promises" as carved in stone *too* .
He'll go, don't worry. Jumping before he was pushed. He's done his bit -
not for us, nor democracy, but for his true interests - so he'll be
justly rewarded by those on whose behalf he operates.
m***@btopenworld.com
2019-09-10 08:13:21 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Should have gone years ago!
Incubus
2019-09-10 08:47:57 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Although I am of the view that no speaker could possibily be worse than
Berkowitz, let's not forget that his replacement will be chosen by a largely
Remain parliament.
Farmer Giles
That may depend on whether or not he is chosen before or after a GE.
Incubus
I suspect the house will ensure they elect a new speaker before agreeing a GE.
abelard
2019-09-10 10:29:43 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Incubus
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Although I am of the view that no speaker could possibily be worse than
Berkowitz, let's not forget that his replacement will be chosen by a largely
Remain parliament.
That may depend on whether or not he is chosen before or after a GE.
I suspect the house will ensure they elect a new speaker before agreeing a GE.
and afterwards?
After electing the speaker, they will put off having a GE until the "issue of
Brexit" is "resolved" (in other words, sabotaged).
Keema's Nan
2019-09-10 09:09:10 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Although I am of the view that no speaker could possibily be worse than
Berkowitz, let's not forget that his replacement will be chosen by a largely
Remain parliament.
But then, if he/she is seen to be even more EU biased than Bercow; will not
half the country just give up on parliamentary rule completely?
Incubus
2019-09-10 10:35:32 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Although I am of the view that no speaker could possibily be worse than
Berkowitz, let's not forget that his replacement will be chosen by a largely
Remain parliament.
But then, if he/she is seen to be even more EU biased than Bercow; will not
half the country just give up on parliamentary rule completely?
That would be exactly what the elite want. Our ability to vote has proved very
inconvenient of late.
Pancho
lol! even Harperson?
Incubus
Harperson doesn't possess his cunning.
Dan S. MacAbre
I see that Harriet Harman has thrown her twat in the ring.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-10 12:21:51 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Although I am of the view that no speaker could possibily be worse than
Berkowitz, let's not forget that his replacement will be chosen by a largely
Remain parliament.
I see that Harriet Harman has thrown her twat in the ring.
Yes, I saw that, too.
"May I remind the Honourable gentleman *not* to use gender-specific pronouns, *unless* the object of his discourse has made it known he or she is comfortable with him doing so!"
Good grief. Did she actually say that?
Gary Walker
No - I was being facetious, but her appointment would surely herald the beginning of a new low in cultural Marxism at Westminster.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-10 15:29:36 UTC
Post by Gary Walker
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Incubus
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
Although I am of the view that no speaker could possibily be worse than
Berkowitz, let's not forget that his replacement will be chosen by a largely
Remain parliament.
I see that Harriet Harman has thrown her twat in the ring.
Yes, I saw that, too.
"May I remind the Honourable gentleman *not* to use gender-specific pronouns, *unless* the object of his discourse has made it known he or she is comfortable with him doing so!"
Good grief. Did she actually say that?
No - I was being facetious, but her appointment would surely herald the beginning of a new low in cultural Marxism at Westminster.
If they can forgive and forget this, then I don't suppose they actually
care how low they can go :-)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10659100/Harriet-Harman-Jack-Dromey-Patricia-Hewitt-and-the-Paedophile-Information-Exchange.html
Pamela
That's the will of the people's representatives at work for you.
Incubus
What a mess...
Jim
2019-09-10 10:05:34 UTC
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 07:58:42 +0100
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
He'll be a eligible candidate for caretaker PM come Nov 1st.

Long live Bercow.
abelard
2019-09-10 10:12:17 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
He'll be a eligible candidate for caretaker PM come Nov 1st.
Long live Bercow.
he is exceeding his powers

he has been over-ruled...parliament is prorogued whether
he likes it or not
Jim
2019-09-10 10:53:45 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
And good riddance...
He'll be a eligible candidate for caretaker PM come Nov 1st.
Long live Bercow.
he is exceeding his powers
he has been over-ruled...parliament is prorogued whether
he likes it or not
Just one small step for Gammon, one giant leap for Gammon kind.