Extinction Rebellion agenda would cause mass starvation and a return to slavery
2019-09-07 23:47:31 UTC
Extinction Rebellion agenda would cause mass starvation and a likely
return to slavery
Well their "Agenda" seems to be to make a lot of money, but if you're
talking about the people who invented the narrative in the first place,
the ones they're working for, you're right. It's called
The hippie movement died a half-century ago:

Roger
2019-09-08 00:11:48 UTC
Extinction Rebellion agenda would cause mass starvation and a likely
return to slavery
It would work fine if world population could be made to go down instead booming.

Do they have any plans for that?

And just for once I'm not joking....reducing out footprint only put's back the date by which there are more humans than the earth can sustain.

So, should we populate the earth until eventual famines and ecological damage limit growth to the limits of sustainability, or should we make moves to limit populations growth?
abelard
2019-09-08 10:54:38 UTC
Post by Roger
Extinction Rebellion agenda would cause mass starvation and a likely
return to slavery
It would work fine if world population could be made to go down instead booming.
Do they have any plans for that?
And just for once I'm not joking....reducing out footprint only put's back the date by which there are more humans than the earth can sustain.
So, should we populate the earth until eventual famines and ecological damage limit growth to the limits of sustainability, or should we make moves to limit populations growth?
the present predictions re the population is a rise to a peak
from which it will then fall

the only places still on a serious rising trend are africa and
afghanistan

the best contraceptive know is education, esp girly education

greater wealth is also helpful...the average person would
much rather play in the sand than mess with baybees mess
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2127rank.html
Roger
2019-09-08 11:13:27 UTC
On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 12:54:40 PM UTC+2, abelard wrote:> the present predictions re the population is a rise to a peak
Post by abelard
from which it will then fall
According to the United nations prospectus only the most optimistic projections see a downturn. The most likely outcome is that population will double by 2100, but projections that are just as likely as your optimistic projection suggest that the population my triple and continue to rise.

I would suggest that ensuring the optimistic outcome becomes more probable should be the primary goal of extinction prevention.
This gets used to prop up the idea of a consumerist society. Maybe our ideal should be nuclear families with 2 kids in a society that promotes education, recycling, DIY and self sufficiency as ideals. Weren't there people promoting this in the 1930's?
abelard
2019-09-08 11:28:10 UTC
Post by abelard
greater wealth is also helpful...the average person would
much rather play in the sand than mess with baybees mess
This gets used to prop up the idea of a consumerist society. Maybe our ideal should be nuclear families with 2 kids in a society that promotes education, recycling, DIY and self sufficiency as ideals. Weren't there people promoting this in the 1930's?
the calculations are complicated and unreliable...

but most present forecasts are for peaking...and then decline

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-23/global-population-may-peak-sooner-than-the-un-predicts
"Those fears haven’t gone away. A further two billion people will be
added to the current world population of 7.7 billion by 2050, the
United Nations Population Division said in a report this week. Numbers
will still be rising as the total approaches 11 billion people in
2100, according to the UN’s central forecast."