Its a Climate Emegency -
David Edmunds
2019-10-21 17:13:28 UTC
More consequences of our profligate use of dirty energy: The Guardian no longer will use the following phrases in the newspaper.I wonder if the BBC will follow suit.

“climate emergency” or “climate crisis” to be used instead of “climate change”

“climate science denier” or “climate denier” to be used instead of “climate sceptic”

Use “global heating” not “global warming”

“greenhouse gas emissions” is preferred to “carbon emissions” or “carbon dioxide emissions”.

Use “wildlife”, not “biodiversity”

“fish populations” instead of “fish stocks”

Blatant psychological warfare by the greenies?

David Martin Edmunds
Incubus
2019-10-22 08:35:02 UTC
Post by David Edmunds
More consequences of our profligate use of dirty energy: The Guardian no longer will use the following phrases in the newspaper.I wonder if the BBC will follow suit.
“climate emergency” or “climate crisis” to be used instead of “climate change”
“climate science denier” or “climate denier” to be used instead of “climate sceptic”
Use “global heating” not “global warming”
“greenhouse gas emissions” is preferred to “carbon emissions” or “carbon dioxide emissions”.
Use “wildlife”, not “biodiversity”
“fish populations” instead of “fish stocks”
Blatant psychological warfare by the greenies?
It's a bit like how they're insisting on all asylum seekers being referred to
as "refugees" because it sounds nicer despite the fact that one must be granted
refugee status by the Home Office to count as a refugee.