Surprise, surprise, Russia is rich!!!
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-12 07:21:18 UTC
For the first time in eight years, the Bank of Russia's total stockpile of
cash, gold and other securities is about to surpass Saudi Arabia's...
Why Saudi Arabia?

Such a comparison is meaningless.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia-leapfrog-saudi-wealth-league-030000969.html?.tsrc=fauxdal
It's not exactly about 'being rich', the point here is about
economic robustness and stability, which is warranted, inter alia,
with the sufficient reserves of the Russia's central bank.

Kinds of reserves is also telling: they had largely dumped the US
debt and significantly reduced amount of the US dollar, but rather
bought gold and less toxic currencies.
I thought they were at the end of the rope, as it was meant to be. Putin
hasn't been that bad for Russia, after all. And the Russians are happy, so
what's the issue. Yes, they could be happier without the sanctions but they
are conscious of their sacrifice.
And most of them do not care much about what you might think.
My opinion should be as important to them as yours is to us.
Oleg Smirnov
There'd be more symmetry if you told them yourself.
2019-08-12 17:07:49 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
I thought they were at the end of the rope, as it was meant to be. Putin
hasn't been that bad for Russia, after all. And the Russians are happy, so
what's the issue. Yes, they could be happier without the sanctions but
they are conscious of their sacrifice.
And most of them do not care much about what you might think.
My opinion should be as important to them as yours is to us.
There'd be more symmetry if you told them yourself.
I think I know more about Moscow than yourself.

You are always criticizing the West (deservedly) but fail to give us a picture of quality of life in Russia. Give us something we don't know, such as this:

OK, I envy Russia because it got quality of life.
2019-08-12 21:55:45 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
I thought they were at the end of the rope, as it was meant to be. Putin
hasn't been that bad for Russia, after all. And the Russians are happy, so
what's the issue. Yes, they could be happier without the sanctions but
they are conscious of their sacrifice.
And most of them do not care much about what you might think.
My opinion should be as important to them as yours is to us.
There'd be more symmetry if you told them yourself.
I think I know more about Moscow than yourself.
http://youtu.be/LrLXuc57-cM
OK, I envy Russia because it got quality of life.
https://twitter.com/tibetan_monkey/status/1161027978945597440?s=20
Byker

You can't jail them all, Oleg...
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-13 13:23:05 UTC
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 1:07:51 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
http://youtu.be/LrLXuc57-cM
OK, I envy Russia because it got quality of life.
Uh-huh: http://youtu.be/0kCcbm01Hc4
http://youtu.be/3ARmZPk-Xl0
http://youtu.be/ywfFgD6H4dw
August 1, the Moscow authorities had agreed <http://bit.ly/2OOEQYr> on
proposals for protest demonstrations in weekend August 10 and 11, and the
organizers promised 100 thousand participation.

It has happened August 10, - not only a rally but also a rap concert.

If the meaning of a peaceful protest is to demonstrate its mass character,
then the organizers had every opportunity to do it within these agreed and
coordinated street actions. If they really could gather 100 thousand or so
then it would be more impressive. They had gathered about 30 - 40 thousand,
just business as usual.

So their old good tactics is to make disproportionate media noise through
actions intended to produce 'dramatic' videos of detentions etc. And the
authorities so far were willingly simp to have been played so. Many notice
the abundance of the riot police in the Moscow streets while the protesters
are peaceful. It's true they are overwhelmingly peaceful, OTOH, one should
realize that the Moscow protest actions are extremely interesting to many
interest parties, so there's a real risk that some malicious one might try
to blow something up or stage some else violent thing at a protest meeting.
Don't forget those snipers in Kiev, and their effect.

Also, your minders teach you, the Moscow protesters are highly progressive,
even if they are a small minority. Not the case. The leaders and organizers
of these protests are controversial motley folks. There are also semi-open
subversionaries - paid by your 'deep state' - among them. Their maximalist
obtrusiveness and noise rather jam more sane and less loud voices. Support
to them from your mass media and politicians doesn't add any points to this
kind among the regular Russians. I said before, the Moscow standard number
is 25,000-40,000, - so is the size of the stratum that supports such street
protests at any suitable pretext.
Post by Byker
You can't jail them all, Oleg...
All governments will eventually repress mass demonstrations that challenge
their own survival.
It happened with the Occupy Movement and it will happen in Hong Kong.
The similarity between the Moscow and Hong Kong I can notice is, the fact
that the Atlanticism contributes to both instigations here and there, but
the very backgrounds are not much similar.
I don't think the U.S. wants to mess with Hong Kong, because a mad China united with Russia can present a real challenge to NATO.
2019-08-13 16:36:56 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
It happened with the Occupy Movement and it will happen in Hong Kong.
The similarity between the Moscow and Hong Kong I can notice is, the fact
that the Atlanticism contributes to both instigations here and there, but
the very backgrounds are not much similar.
I don't think the U.S. wants to mess with Hong Kong, because a mad China united with Russia can present a real challenge to NATO.
You think the Western media is NOT cheap propaganda?

"Russia, Iran, others debate how to split Caspian oil riches"

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/russia-iran-others-debate-split-095322750.html

Very cheap shot. The word "split" instead of "share" is loaded. That was written by the fake media and/or American trolls.
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-14 11:40:08 UTC
On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 12:20:20 PM UTC-4, Wise TibetanMonkey, Most
Post by Oleg Smirnov
It happened with the Occupy Movement and it will happen in Hong Kong.
The similarity between the Moscow and Hong Kong I can notice is, the fact
that the Atlanticism contributes to both instigations here and there, but
the very backgrounds are not much similar.
I don't think the U.S. wants to mess with Hong Kong, because a mad China
united with Russia can present a real challenge to NATO.
Some believe the HK mess versus 'trade war' isn't a coincidence.
You think the Western media is NOT cheap propaganda?
"Russia, Iran, others debate how to split Caspian oil riches"
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/russia-iran-others-debate-split-095322750.html
Very cheap shot. The word "split" instead of "share" is loaded. That was
written by the fake media and/or American trolls.
But when it's persistent, it provides a thorough indoctrination
of those who regularly read and watch it. Even if without sheer
lies, the terms and phrasings are nevertheless being adjusted to
produce as much negative / depreciatory connotation as possible.
It's a hateful cultist art.
2019-08-14 15:35:11 UTC
I didn't know the Spanish were actively engaged in the NATO bullying.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-russian-jet-chases-nato-152633834.html

NATO counts on many satellite countries.
2019-08-14 16:20:41 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
But when it's persistent, it provides a thorough indoctrination
of those who regularly read and watch it. Even if without sheer
lies, the terms and phrasings are nevertheless being adjusted to
produce as much negative / depreciatory connotation as possible.
It's a hateful cultist art.
How much is FSB paying you two turkeys to post on social media?
Mine is "pay back time" for all the shit and corruption I find in Miami.

Remember, I'm feeding a revolution. ;)

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator
I've done this revolution without resources and it's a solid hit. Yes, people love banana, but it's loaded with messages. If Russia backed it up, we would have a revolution south of the border in no time. Yes, they must drop that liability they have in Venezuela.
2019-08-14 21:04:47 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I've done this revolution without resources and it's a solid hit. Yes, people love banana, but it's loaded with messages. If Russia backed it up, we would have a revolution south of the border in no time. Yes, they must drop that liability they have in Venezuela.
So how much do you receive from FSB to post on social media?
What's FSB? Are they hiring?

https://imgflip.com/i/3803fe
https://imgflip.com/i/380y3z
Byker
2019-08-14 21:52:56 UTC
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 7:40:54 PM UTC+3, WiseTibetanMonkey, Most
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Security_Service

What used to be the KGB: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGB

And before that the NKVD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD

And before that the Cheka: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheka
Byker
2019-08-14 21:53:01 UTC
But when it's persistent, it provides a thorough indoctrination of those
who regularly read and watch it. Even if without sheer lies, the terms and
phrasings are nevertheless being adjusted to produce as much negative /
depreciatory connotation as possible. It's a hateful cultist art.
Repeat "Russia is rich," over and over, often
enough, and some might actually believe it...
2019-08-14 21:58:38 UTC
But when it's persistent, it provides a thorough indoctrination of those
who regularly read and watch it. Even if without sheer lies, the terms and
phrasings are nevertheless being adjusted to produce as much negative /
depreciatory connotation as possible. It's a hateful cultist art.
Repeat "Russia is rich," over and over, often
enough, and some might actually believe it...
Riches doesn't mean a thing because Miami is filthy rich... and it's depressing.

What counts is QUALITY OF LIFE, and that's what I see on the videos from Russia.
Byker
2019-08-14 22:15:48 UTC
Post by Byker
Repeat "Russia is rich," over and over, often
enough, and some might actually believe it...
Riches doesn't mean a thing because Miami is filthy rich... and it's
depressing.
Yup, the city that drug money built:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/1177025-welcome-miami-bad-truth.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Miami/comments/2tjwxf/does_anyone_actually_enjoy_living_in_miami/

https://www.therichest.com/destinations/20-reasons-why-miami-is-one-of-the-most-overrated-city-in-the-us/
The first link is terrific. Thanks!
2019-08-15 16:52:56 UTC
http://youtu.be/LrLXuc57-cM

One of those comments:

"There's a conundrum here that we must solve. Typically it's the Right that sympathises with Putin, but Putin brought order and speed cameras, something the Right refuses flat out. I'm sure guns are out of the picture. You know what, America is not ready for civilization but Latin America and Africa are. Banana Power!" ;)
2019-08-15 17:49:40 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
http://youtu.be/LrLXuc57-cM
"There's a conundrum here that we must solve. Typically it's the Right that sympathises with Putin, but Putin brought order and speed cameras, something the Right refuses flat out. I'm sure guns are out of the picture.
Putin brought government control of the media and assassination for reporters who did "inappropriate" reporting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
You know what, America is not ready for civilization but Latin America and Africa are. Banana Power!" ;)
Russia under Putin has become a banana republic without the bananas.
And you can tell your FSB goons I so.
I believe what I see. Watch the video.

We are going to have a Banana Revolution with bananas.
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-15 18:58:16 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
http://youtu.be/LrLXuc57-cM
"There's a conundrum here that we must solve. Typically it's the Right
that sympathises with Putin, but Putin brought order and speed cameras,
something the Right refuses flat out. I'm sure guns are out of the
picture. You know what, America is not ready for civilization but Latin
America and Africa are. Banana Power!" ;)
Most of Americans have no idea about Russia's subtleties-nuances.
Some from the Right might believe 'Pitin' is of their kind simply
because the Left is especially obsessed with Putin (those 'pussie
riots' etc). In some extreme right-wing web sites one can encounter
fictional 'decisive' speeches attributed to Putin.

In the 2000s, some Russia's analogues to the American 'liberals'
tried to politically utilize Russia's labor immigrants - mostly
people from the Central Asia - against the Kremlin in somewhat
similar way the American Left seeks to use immigrants in the US
against the American Right, but they abandoned such efforts because
it became clear that Putin approval sentiment among the migrants is
the same or even higher than among Russia's citizens.
2019-08-15 21:18:29 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
[...]
Yes, I know what you mean. What Russia needs is to grow by example, and once we have the revolution in place we'll be the best friends. Imagine how ironic it would be that Russia is the best friend of a liberated Latin America and Africa!

https://twitter.com/tibetan_monkey/status/1162108016075911184?s=20
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-15 22:37:34 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
[...]
In most cases, what I mean is just what I have written.
So I can only guess about your acute insights.
American 'right' and 'left' are both alien and simplistic to Russia.
Right and Left are often a byproduct of party politics, without much thought behind them.
2019-08-20 04:51:20 UTC
"the Bank of Russia’s total stockpile of cash, gold and other securities is about to surpass Saudi Arabia’s"
Like any banana republic, the Glorious Leader lives with his wealth on a hill and very little filters down to the ordinary person.
Lots of Russian town and villages still have rutted streets. Have you ever been there?
I guess it's not.
Guess again.
I don't know about Russian towns but I know about Woodbourne NY, where I'd commit suicide if I have to go back there. We were in a beautiful property but there was absolutely no place to walk, no trails for hiking anywhere and a State Prison that towered over this hamlet. It must have brought millions to the local economy but the prosperity was nowhere to be found. There was beautiful nature and that was it.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

And Miami is the worst possible city I can imagine in the tropics. NOT A SOUL OUTSIDE. Here we got the beach but you'll be lucky to find a functional park. Homeless everywhere, driving is reckless (you may chat on the phone casually), and the SUVs rule by sheer size.

I went to Seville, Spain, and it's light years ahead of this but it doesn't compare to Moscow in cleanliness and the outlying areas are depressed. The park of Alamillo is a magic world where the children roam free because the cars are kept out. No homeless, no litter, no BS.

I'll get you a list of why Moscow is #1 in Europe.
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-20 12:07:13 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
"the Bank of Russia's total stockpile of cash, gold and other securities
is about to surpass Saudi Arabia's"
Like any banana republic, the Glorious Leader lives with his wealth on a
hill and very little filters down to the ordinary person.
Lots of Russian town and villages still have rutted streets. Have you ever
been there?
I guess it's not.
Guess again.
I don't know about Russian towns
I recommend to use Yandex Maps / street view to explore Russia's towns.

One can also use Google, but its pictures are more outdated, also Google
is a hateful leftie nest, so it intentionally seeks to takes pictures of
Russia in cloudy weather, in order to make things look more bleak.

For example, here is what the place where Russia originally began - 1100
years ago - looks like <https://yandex.ru/maps/-/CGCEr07E>, - dig a meter
deep <https://yandex.ru/maps/-/CGCI4Fmx>, and you'd find something there.

In the northern and central part of Russia, quite many small settlements
today are dying. It's because of the modern economic transformations.
These rural settlements were related to agriculture before, but today the
agriculture in the Russian south is booming, - so the agriculture in the
more northern latitudes is no longer in such a demand.

So one can really find dilapidated villages with ruttled streets etc, but
very small percentage of population is living so, and presenting it as
"true Russia" would be like presenting the dilapidated Detroit or the like
as true America. The Atlanticist propaganda loves very much to exaggerate
about this subject <http://bit.ly/2P3yzrX>, <https://nbcnews.to/2ZpnUMl>
<https://nyti.ms/2w8ReEb> <https://bit.ly/2NlepqO> (and the Wahhabi Al-
Jazeeera loves too <http://bit.ly/2KIgknv>). All these shoddy morons dream
on Russia's death, so these dilapidated villages is their kind of porn.
[...]
Indeed, a large part of the US is located in (sub)tropics. Compare it to
Russia <Loading Image...>.
Such a climate naturally makes infrastructure notably more expensive.

Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent ten
years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about 1.5 times
(about the same increase as for the number of cars). One could not imagine
such high rates of development neither in the US or Canada nor in Europe.
It's still happening in Russia, right now.
2019-08-20 13:26:30 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent ten
years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about 1.5 times
(about the same increase as for the number of cars). One could not imagine
such high rates of development neither in the US or Canada nor in Europe.
It's still happening in Russia, right now.
Ten reasons Moscow is the best capital city in Europe

"Moscow is Safe. Safety comes first and Moscow not just feels safe — it is one of safest big cities in the world. The days of heavy handed policing and police corruption or shakedowns are long gone. Police presence is soft and friendly — almost like the polite English cops. And yet it is solid policing. Compared with any European capital city it is perfectly safe for women to walk around late night or take public transportation. There is no street crime of mugging or purse snatching or pick pocketing. Almost no street violence or bar fights. It simply is the safest city to be in Europe."

https://medium.com/@ajay.zen/ten-reasons-moscow-is-the-best-capital-city-in-europe-d1a904af9c39

I'm still trying to match an American city with Moscow. I thought it would be Boston, but the abandoned areas are really depressing and dangerous. Road rage is the norm in what I thought would be a civilized city. Nobody is really trying to tame traffic for fear of drivers' backlash. In Miami we find anarchy, and it doesn't work on the road.
2019-08-20 13:32:12 UTC
[...]
I think the link didn't work. Here's Woodbourne NY:

https://imgflip.com/i/38f1iw

https://imgflip.com/i/38f38r
Byker
2019-08-20 16:38:25 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent ten
years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about 1.5
times (about the same increase as for the number of cars). One could not
imagine such high rates of development neither in the US or Canada nor in
Europe. It's still happening in Russia, right now.
Secretly Oleg waxes nostalgic about the good old days:

Byker
2019-08-20 20:54:56 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
I'm still trying to match an American city with Moscow. I thought it would
be Boston, but the abandoned areas are really depressing and dangerous.
Road rage is the norm in what I thought would be a civilized city. Nobody
is really trying to tame traffic for fear of drivers' backlash. In Miami
we find anarchy, and it doesn't work on the road.
Speaking of comparing American cities with Russian ones, back during the
Cold War, the U.S. Office of Technology Assessment published c.1978 a book
on nuclear war that, among other things, showed the effects of nuclear
weapons on two major cities: Detroit and Leningrad (now St. Petersburg).
Apparently the beltway bureaucrat considered them "sister cities" because of
their size and population. One diagram showed what would happen to
Leningrad if it got hit with a Titan II 9MT warhead, and another showed the
effects of a cluster of 10 Poseidon 40KT MIRV's. The Detroit scenario
involved a 1MT surface burst and a whopping 25MT airburst from a Soviet
SS-9, the latter of which would have all but obliterated Motown.

I wonder how the Russians today would feel about their city named after
Peter the Great being compared with what's probably the world's largest
afro-infested drug jungle. No doubt they'd be saying "Nyet!" and wondering
if nuking it would've been the best thing ever to happen to it. Maybe Motown
needs to find a new sista city -- like Lagos...
Frank Lee
2019-08-21 01:22:49 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent ten
years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about 1.5 times
(about the same increase as for the number of cars). One could not imagine
such high rates of development neither in the US or Canada nor in Europe.
It's still happening in Russia, right now.
In other words, Russia is furiously catching up to where
the West was in 1960.

You must be so proud.
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-21 06:49:49 UTC
Post by Frank Lee
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent
ten years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about
1.5 times (about the same increase as for the number of cars). One
could not imagine such high rates of development neither in the US or
Canada nor in Europe. It's still happening in Russia, right now.
In other words, Russia is furiously catching up to where
the West was in 1960.
You must be so proud.
It's too different to make "catching up' making sense.

Russia goes its way and disregards your obtrusive cultism.
Keema's Nan
2019-08-21 07:52:37 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Frank Lee
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent
ten years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about
1.5 times (about the same increase as for the number of cars). One
could not imagine such high rates of development neither in the US or
Canada nor in Europe. It's still happening in Russia, right now.
In other words, Russia is furiously catching up to where
the West was in 1960.
You must be so proud.
It's too different to make "catching up' making sense.
It is simply part of the ingrained arrogance of Americans.

What they have created will always be superior to everything - in their eyes.

Therefore anyone who hasn’t created a drug-crazed, gun toting, finite
resource guzzling, fat/sugar/salt overloaded, surveillance society which
colludes in killing democratically elected presidents they don’t like; will
always be way behind in the development stakes according to them.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Russia goes its way and disregards your obtrusive cultism.
Quite right, too. Who would want to aspire to the USA’s standard of
existing?
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-21 18:10:40 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Russia goes its way and disregards your obtrusive cultism.
Quite right, too. Who would want to aspire to the USA's standard of
existing?
Well, when I read Yahoo News and others, I get the idea that America #1
is about military might, not quality of life.
We don't know and we don't care how much others are progressing.
Some outlets discuss it <http://tinyurl.com/y49s2pyk>

Currently, quite a fundamental America's problem is that its economic
system has become firmly fixed in such a mode when most of the populace
are running in place like within the hamster wheel, and only the upper
class become richer. Even if inequality is accepted, the majority are
still expected to make some progress, but it does not happen in the US.
Moreover, it's come up to obscene proportions when top management earn
hundreds-thousands times more than regular employees.

The arrival of Trump is a symptom that the issues become palpable, but
instead of correcting the system from the inside, Trump seeks to coerce
other nations 'to pay more', which shoots largely past the target.
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-21 08:09:27 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Frank Lee
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Nevertheless, Russia is in a dynamic development. Eg., for the recent
ten years the Russia's road network length has been increased by about
1.5 times (about the same increase as for the number of cars). One
could not imagine such high rates of development neither in the US or
Canada nor in Europe. It's still happening in Russia, right now.
In other words, Russia is furiously catching up to where
the West was in 1960.
You must be so proud.
It's too different to make "catching up' making sense.
Russia goes its way and disregards your obtrusive cultism.
We value being #1 but we got some problem explaining it. What do you think
it means?
I think the US ruling class aspires to dictate their will to others in
the world affairs, but for the regular Americans it gives an immaterial
'sense of belonging' (a.k.a the Stockholm syndrome).

Most nations are improving in the recent decades, but for the average
American, life was not much improving since 1980s, but the ruling class
(and the Hollywood) feeds the people with this "#1 pride" instead.
2019-08-21 16:52:18 UTC
Quite right, too. Who would want to aspire to the USA’s standard of
existing?
Well, when I read Yahoo News and others, I get the idea that America #1 is about military might, not quality of life.
We don't know and we don't care how much others are progressing.
Very precise summary:

https://qr.ae/TWrlpr
Byker
2019-08-21 17:41:33 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
I think the US ruling class aspires to dictate their will to others
Seems I remember something called the Nomenklatura that aspired to do the
same.

Some folks want its return:

Keema's Nan
2019-08-21 18:10:43 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
I think the US ruling class aspires to dictate their will to others
Seems I remember something called the Nomenklatura that aspired to do the
same.
Some folks want its return: http://youtu.be/UOrsAWlKHEY
Some folk just can’t understand why all the billionaires in the West do not
spend their vast wealth on researching ways to escape the planet’s gravity,
finding a long term cure for cancer or harnessing as much of the sun’s
power output as possible.

Instead they seem to splurge it all on nuclear weapons, or other weapons of
mass destruction.

There is even one nut job who seems to want to nuke Mars.

I wonder how long after the death of these people will the planet’s
population wake up and realise just what an opportunity has been thoroughly
wasted?
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-21 18:14:47 UTC
We value being #1 but we got some problem explaining it. What do you
hink it means?
I think the US ruling class aspires to dictate their will to others in
the world affairs, but for the regular Americans it gives an immaterial
'sense of belonging' (a.k.a the Stockholm syndrome).

Most nations are improving in the recent decades, but for the average
American, life was not much improving since 1980s, but the ruling class
(and the Hollywood) feeds the people with this "#1 pride" instead.

The original text and context.

Byker the Shithead, <news:Z_SdnT3_sdXMH8DAnZ2dnUU7-***@supernews.com>
Oleg Smirnov
2019-08-21 18:52:24 UTC
Post by Wise TibetanMonkey, Most Humble Philosopher
Ten reasons Moscow is the best capital city in Europe
"Moscow is Safe. Safety comes first and Moscow not just feels safe
From another article of the same writer.

<http://tinyurl.com/y2qpdt33> medium.com/@ajay.zen

5. Do not believe what western media tells you: I have the first-hand
experience of Russia, its business and life and I find almost all western
media coverage of Russia deeply disturbing in how biased, embellished and
mendacious it is. Moscow Times, a local foreign sponsored newspaper since
the early 1990s is the fountain of all anti-Russia poison and bile.

OS: It was especially true a few years ago. The Moscow Times' agenda
traditionally was a hateful trolling to present Russia's things in
the most caricatured and ridiculous manner. A few times the outlet
changed its owners, and it was always a shadowy company with some
shadowy links to some shadowy people shadowyly connected to CIA/etc.
The outlet was enthusiastically cited by Russia haters, but the blunt
trolling could not provide them with enough audience for financial
solvency. In 2015, the next new owner had bought the unprofitable
outlet and reconfirered its policies in more subtle way. The trolling
has become not as primitive as before and they also became mixing it
with more serious analytics. It's still not a source that can be
recommended for reading. Recently they launched Chinese edition in
order to better intoxicate also the Chinese speakers.

Read between the lines and make up your own mind. You will find that Russia
is a Potemkin village in reverse?-?the reality is far better than the image.
[the western narrative of Potemkin village is a lie, too?-?Count Grigory
Potemkin was a great visionary, general, strategist and builder and he did
not do what the then British Ambassador wrote he did to create the negative
myth.]

OS. It's true that the Potyomkin village metaphor is based on a myth.
Why it hadn't exposed before? Because after the 1917 revolt the Soviet
agitprop itself picked up this myth. It fit well into the anti-czatist
criticism. Some historians not so long ago managed to trace in detail
the way the myth was originated and promoted.

Byker

Byker
Byker
2019-08-13 17:06:42 UTC
Yup: https://tinyurl.com/nfvypfg
2019-08-13 20:54:34 UTC
All governments will eventually repress mass demonstrations that challenge
their own survival.
It happened with the Occupy Movement
Yup: https://tinyurl.com/nfvypfg
The occupy movement was successful in the long term: The parks are occupied by the homeless.