only rental e-scooters to be legalised, not private e-scooters...
Add Reply
CheeseySock
2020-06-30 13:35:21 UTC
only rental e-scooters to be legalised, not private e-scooters...

?

essentially just allowing another profit source for international corpo-
ratking companies... for example swedish firm voi eh! not even a british
firm on the list....

the government that gets elected is surely that government the corpo-
ratking thinks will serve it best!

i.e. the housing secretary of a certain sect doing deals with bigwigs of
that same sect that shall not be named!

build build build eh!

why? where are all the people coming from?, certainly not the native
white British breeding population eh!
Ian Jackson
2020-06-30 19:15:57 UTC
Post by CheeseySock
only rental e-scooters to be legalised, not private e-scooters...
?
If it's legal to rent something, I can't see how they could make it
illegal to own it. Is there any precedent?
Ian
m***@btopenworld.com
It could well be that having what amounts to licensing of these devices enable government a convenient facility to regulate them with regards to mechanical condition, safety etc.
Incubus
Hookers?
m***@btopenworld.com
2020-07-01 16:01:00 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by CheeseySock
only rental e-scooters to be legalised, not private e-scooters...
?
If it's legal to rent something, I can't see how they could make it
illegal to own it. Is there any precedent?
It's not beeing made illegal to own!

Simply illegal for a privately owned such vehicle to be used on the public highway.
Ian Jackson
2020-07-01 21:03:01 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by CheeseySock
only rental e-scooters to be legalised, not private e-scooters...
?
If it's legal to rent something, I can't see how they could make it
illegal to own it. Is there any precedent?
It's not beeing made illegal to own!
Simply illegal for a privately owned such vehicle to be used on the public highway.
But what justification can there be for such a law?
Ian
JNugent
2020-07-02 11:58:13 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by m***@btopenworld.com
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by CheeseySock
only rental e-scooters to be legalised, not private e-scooters...
?
If it's legal to rent something, I can't see how they could make it
illegal to own it. Is there any precedent?
It's not beeing made illegal to own!
Simply illegal for a privately owned such vehicle to be used on the public highway.
But what justification can there be for such a law?
There is a (rough) parallel for such a regulation in the case of HGVs
(or whatever the current term is). Anyone can own a large lorry, but
only someone with access to and use of a yard and ready maintenance
facilities may use it - or permit its use - for commercial carriage
purposes. That effectively lmits the use of such vehicles to companies
(and, I suppose, at a pinch, the very rich).

Maybe not the best analogy, but it works.