An unprovoked assassination is an 'act to prevent war'......
2020-01-05 09:52:33 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.

This is Trump ‘logic'.
Farmer Giles
2020-01-05 10:42:58 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
Pancho
Silence is golden!
Keema's Nan
Fools rush in.
Farmer Giles
Knowledge is power.
Col
2020-01-05 12:24:38 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
Silence is golden!
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts,
absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Col
Ian Smith
2020-01-05 12:45:29 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
Silence is golden!
Knowledge is power.
So is voltage times current.
--
Perpetual Calendar - http://www.1r5.co
Twitter - https://twitter.com/1r5
+ 1.000 femtopinches of NaCl
Farmer Giles
That's Ohms Law, not the law of the jungle.
Pancho
Oh no it isn't!
Farmer Giles
It's called poetic licence.:-)
Omega

omega
Incubus
The correct term is "potential difference".
Pancho
Sheena is a punk rocker.
Pamela
Great song. Loved it.
Keema's Nan
John Kettley is a weatherman.
Dan S. MacAbre
And so is Michael Fish.
Keema's Nan
:-)
Farmer Giles
2020-01-05 11:25:14 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
Don't blame him, he is only doing what he is told.

"The world is governed by very different personages from what is
imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."

Benjamin Disraeli

(Despite the claims that this was something to do with the Reform Bill
of 1832, it is unlikely that that was what he really meant).
David Edmunds
2020-01-05 12:00:43 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
Don't blame him, he is only doing what he is told.
"The world is governed by very different personages from what is
imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."
Benjamin Disraeli
(Despite the claims that this was something to do with the Reform Bill
of 1832, it is unlikely that that was what he really meant).
Agreed that his follies are often the result of manipulations by much more sinister - and smarter people.

DME
Ned Latham
2020-01-05 12:22:39 UTC
The assassination of Gavrilo Princep on or before 1914/06/27 might have
been exactly that.
abelard
2020-01-05 12:28:02 UTC
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 06:22:39 -0600, Ned Latham
Post by Ned Latham
The assassination of Gavrilo Princep on or before 1914/06/27 might have
been exactly that.
gavrilo is a silly name
Ned Latham
2020-01-05 12:39:18 UTC
Was that why he went mad, do you suppose?
Farmer Giles
2020-01-05 13:25:10 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
"On April 27, 2016, then-Republican presidential frontrunner Donald
Trump used an invitation-only event at Washington’s ornate Mayflower
Hotel to argue that presidents of both parties had gotten the US
ensnared in too many costly, grinding foreign wars.

That, Trump promised, would change once he moved into the White House.

'I will never send our finest into battle unless necessary, and I mean
absolutely necessary, and will only do so if we have a plan for victory
with a capital V,” he thundered. “The world must know that we do not go
abroad in search of enemies.' "
Keema's Nan
2020-01-05 13:36:27 UTC
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
"On April 27, 2016, then-Republican presidential frontrunner Donald
Trump used an invitation-only event at Washington’s ornate Mayflower
Hotel to argue that presidents of both parties had gotten the US
ensnared in too many costly, grinding foreign wars.
That, Trump promised, would change once he moved into the White House.
'I will never send our finest into battle unless necessary, and I mean
absolutely necessary, and will only do so if we have a plan for victory
with a capital V,”
Maybe he has been shown a plan for victory with a capital V?

It wouldn’t take much to convince that duffer.

However, the plan would have been shown to him by Moscow.
He doesn’t need to. Obama and Clinton are two that spring to mind.
John
It is also an act of terrorism.
abelard
2020-01-05 15:13:46 UTC
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
"On April 27, 2016, then-Republican presidential frontrunner Donald
Trump used an invitation-only event at Washington’s ornate Mayflower
Hotel to argue that presidents of both parties had gotten the US
ensnared in too many costly, grinding foreign wars.
That, Trump promised, would change once he moved into the White House.
'I will never send our finest into battle unless necessary, and I mean
absolutely necessary, and will only do so if we have a plan for victory
with a capital V,” he thundered. “The world must know that we do not go
abroad in search of enemies.' "
It is also an act of terrorism.
killing terrorists is an act of terrorism...

only a loony could believe it, let alone say it!
Which is probably why you just have.
Keema's Nan
2020-01-05 15:21:32 UTC
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
"On April 27, 2016, then-Republican presidential frontrunner Donald
Trump used an invitation-only event at Washington’s ornate Mayflower
Hotel to argue that presidents of both parties had gotten the US
ensnared in too many costly, grinding foreign wars.
That, Trump promised, would change once he moved into the White House.
'I will never send our finest into battle unless necessary, and I mean
absolutely necessary, and will only do so if we have a plan for victory
with a capital V,” he thundered. “The world must know that we do not go
abroad in search of enemies.' "
It is also an act of terrorism.
Well no, because the West have right on their side, where terrorists have
evil.

How can they know this?

Because the Western leaders decide what is right and what is evil.
Col
2020-01-05 16:14:15 UTC
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
But but...
The terrorists think they are right, after all the US is 'The Great Satan'.
I think we have a problem...
Col
abelard
2020-01-05 16:30:10 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
we will settle it with fire power
Col
2020-01-05 16:35:58 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
So whoever has the biggest guns is always in the right then?
Col
abelard
2020-01-05 16:43:50 UTC
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
things tend to work out that way
Col
2020-01-05 16:53:42 UTC
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
History may indeed be generally written that way but that doesn't
necessary show who was right & wrong.
Col
abelard
2020-01-05 18:01:47 UTC
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
then you need a definition of right and wrong
Col
2020-01-06 05:00:57 UTC
Post by Col
History may indeed be generally written that way but that doesn't
necessary show who was right & wrong.
then you need a definition of right and wrong
And therein lies the problem, everyone has their own definition!

Col
abelard
2020-01-06 10:40:35 UTC
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
History may indeed be generally written that way but that doesn't
necessary show who was right & wrong.
then you need a definition of right and wrong
And therein lies the problem, everyone has their own definition!
for most people it is 'what i want to believe'
or 'what serves my interests'
2020-01-06 10:48:14 UTC
Post by Col
History may indeed be generally written that way but that doesn't
necessary show who was right & wrong.
then you need a definition of right and wrong
And therein lies the problem, everyone has their own definition!
for most people it is 'what i want to believe'
No, that is what the ignorant sheep say.
Post by abelard
or 'what serves my interests'
That is what the greedy, selfish, right-wingers say.

Normal intelligent people do not let pre-meditated beliefs or selfishness
cloud their judgement. They weigh up the pros and cons and ignore the
megaphones who say “xxxx must be right” or “yyyy must be wrong”.
Keema's Nan
Yes, I think that sums up bullies quite well.
abelard
2020-01-05 18:06:27 UTC
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 16:49:23 +0000, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
it also sums up the cowards
2020-01-05 19:21:52 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
The cowards have the biggest guns?

Your future should be interesting.
abelard
2020-01-05 20:46:56 UTC
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 19:21:52 +0000, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Col
Post by abelard
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
no, the winners have more and bigger guns
2020-01-05 16:45:23 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by John
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
No we don’t.

The terrorists only think they are right. Western governing nutjobs *know*
they are right because they make the rules.
Col
2020-01-05 17:03:49 UTC
Post by Col
But but...
The terrorists think they are right, after all the US is 'The Great Satan'.
I think we have a problem...
No we don’t.
The terrorists only think they are right. Western governing nutjobs *know*
they are right because they make the rules.
The problem is, and which was my point, is that there are so many
opinions as to what is considered right & wrong.
We will never agree a definitive list!
Col
Keema's Nan
2020-01-05 17:17:26 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Col
But but...
The terrorists think they are right, after all the US is 'The Great Satan'.
I think we have a problem...
No we don’t.
The terrorists only think they are right. Western governing nutjobs *know*
they are right because they make the rules.
The problem is, and which was my point, is that there are so many
opinions as to what is considered right & wrong.
We will never agree a definitive list!
Why bother with a list, when you can just bomb the opposition; either into
submission, or obliterate them altogether?
Tufnell Park
2020-01-05 16:05:07 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
So an attack by Iranian backed militia on the American embassy in
Baghdad is not provocation?
abelard
2020-01-05 16:43:11 UTC
Post by Tufnell Park
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
So an attack by Iranian backed militia on the American embassy in
Baghdad is not provocation?
An attack?

The ‘militia’ (as you prefer to describe them) were a rent-a-mob who
seemed to have been allowed access by Iraqi security guards and succeeded
merely in daubing a few slogans on the walls, and lighting a fire.

If that is all the provocation the trigger-happy Washington lunatics need to
kill someone with an illegal drone strike in a foreign state - then heaven
help us all.
abelard
2020-01-05 16:46:06 UTC
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 16:43:11 +0000, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Tufnell Park
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
So an attack by Iranian backed militia on the American embassy in
Baghdad is not provocation?
An attack?
The ‘militia’ (as you prefer to describe them) were a rent-a-mob who
seemed to have been allowed access by Iraqi security guards and succeeded
merely in daubing a few slogans on the walls, and lighting a fire.
If that is all the provocation the trigger-happy Washington lunatics need to
kill someone with an illegal drone strike in a foreign state - then heaven
help us all.
congratulations...the very same argument deployed by
the fascist 'new' labour party in the '30s
2020-01-05 16:57:54 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Tufnell Park
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
So an attack by Iranian backed militia on the American embassy in
Baghdad is not provocation?
An attack?
The ‘militia’ (as you prefer to describe them) were a rent-a-mob who
seemed to have been allowed access by Iraqi security guards and succeeded
merely in daubing a few slogans on the walls, and lighting a fire.
If that is all the provocation the trigger-happy Washington lunatics need to
kill someone with an illegal drone strike in a foreign state - then heaven
help us all.
congratulations...the very same argument deployed by
the fascist 'new' labour party in the '30s
Strawman arguments now. You must be getting in a panic.

I would suggest you lie down and dream of Israeli nukes raining down on
Tehran.
abelard
2020-01-05 18:03:45 UTC
On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 16:57:54 +0000, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Tufnell Park
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
So an attack by Iranian backed militia on the American embassy in
Baghdad is not provocation?
An attack?
The ‘militia’ (as you prefer to describe them) were a rent-a-mob who
seemed to have been allowed access by Iraqi security guards and succeeded
merely in daubing a few slogans on the walls, and lighting a fire.
If that is all the provocation the trigger-happy Washington lunatics need to
kill someone with an illegal drone strike in a foreign state - then heaven
help us all.
congratulations...the very same argument deployed by
the fascist 'new' labour party in the '30s
Strawman arguments now. You must be getting in a panic.
now you are exceeding your silliness quotient

nothing strawwoman about 5+ year of killing
Post by Keema's Nan
I would suggest you lie down and dream of Israeli nukes raining down on
Tehran.
i don't dream
CheeseySock
2020-01-05 21:10:41 UTC
it's the zeitgeist all over!
Byker
2020-01-05 21:10:54 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
Assassination? That was pest control:

m***@btopenworld.com
2020-01-06 11:08:41 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
An act of war is an act of war and that is all that there is to it.

Any country is entitled to protect itself from any act of aggression regardless of its alleged cause. It just so happens that the US is in a better position than Iran to effect this protection.

The US, a superpower, is simply warning the minnow against mixing it with the big boys. It's called hard power and has been exercised throughout human history.

Fact: One telephone call from the White House and the whole of Iran could be devastated or even turned into a radioactive desert before abandonment. and there is plenty of oil there to pay for it.

There is no point in spending trillions of dollars on defence and then allowing yourself to be pushed around.
Farmer Giles
2020-01-06 16:06:30 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
An act of war is an act of war and that is all that there is to it.
Any country is entitled to protect itself from any act of aggression regardless of its alleged cause. It just so happens that the US is in a better position than Iran to effect this protection.
The US, a superpower, is simply warning the minnow against mixing it with the big boys. It's called hard power and has been exercised throughout human history.
Fact: One telephone call from the White House and the whole of Iran could be devastated or even turned into a radioactive desert before abandonment. and there is plenty of oil there to pay for it.
There is no point in spending trillions of dollars on defence and then allowing yourself to be pushed around.
Idiotic comments, but no surprises there.

The US is the aggressor here, as usual.

That is not to say that the American people want war, they don't - just
those who control Trump and the rest of the country.

A reason for their aggression will always be found, the only thing
missing will be any genuine evidence to support it.

If the US truly wanted to stop terrorism, and to restore peace and order
in the world, then it needs to stop supporting those who are the root
cause of most of the problems.
Farmer Giles
2020-01-10 21:19:42 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
An act of war is an act of war and that is all that there is to it.
Any country is entitled to protect itself from any act of aggression regardless of its alleged cause. It just so happens that the US is in a better position than Iran to effect this protection.
The US, a superpower, is simply warning the minnow against mixing it with the big boys. It's called hard power and has been exercised throughout human history.
Fact: One telephone call from the White House and the whole of Iran could be devastated or even turned into a radioactive desert before abandonment. and there is plenty of oil there to pay for it.
There is no point in spending trillions of dollars on defence and then allowing yourself to be pushed around.
Iran a 'minnow' - now that's a keeper!

Even if it were, that doesn't mean the US would have its own way as much
as the Rowings of the world thinks it would. Perhaps this believer in
Yank invinciblity could tell us how ther're getting on subduing those
very much lesser 'minnows', the Taliban?

Trump and America will attempt to do in the Middle East what their
controllers tell them to do, but they will never achieve anything other
than keeping the region in a state of chaos and turmoil - and perhaps
take the rest of us with it - but they will never win.

Richmond
2020-01-06 13:28:50 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump ‘logic'.
Not just Trump, we had the same thing with George Tony Blaire Bush and
Sadam Houssein. Remember we had to attack him because we 'knew' and had
'evidence' that he was going to attack us. (In about 45 seconds I think
it was).
Ding Bat
2020-01-06 15:25:04 UTC
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump 'logic'.
Was Osama bin Ladin's assassination provoked or unprovoked?
The former, according to Obama. Similarly, Trump claimed that
Soleimani's assassination was provoked.

But what were the provocations? This piece seeks to make the case that
there was no provocation to merit an assassination:
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/01/how-to-avoid-swallowing-war-propaganda

But that is not the only point of view.

Read this:
How Trump decided to kill Iran's Qasem Soleimani
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/how-trump-decided-to-kill-a-top-iranian-general/2020/01/03/77ce3cc4-2e62-11ea-bcd4-24597950008f_story.html
Keema's Nan
2020-01-06 16:03:25 UTC
Post by Ding Bat
Post by Keema's Nan
But of course, any retaliation will be an act of war.
This is Trump 'logic'.
Was Osama bin Ladin's assassination provoked or unprovoked?
Neither.

He died a natural death.

https://newspunch.com/evidence-shows-osama-bin-laden-actually-died-in-2001/