The madness continues....
Gary Walker
2019-09-10 18:01:12 UTC
"Meet the first gender neutral penguin at aquarium Sea Life London. Staff have decided not to describe the Gentoo penguin as male or female because they say gender is more of a human construct. Expert Aquarists say it would be normal for it to grow up as genderless in the wild as male and female penguins look almost the same until they mature and reach adulthood. The four-month-old chick is yet to be named and will be identified with its own purple band. The chick has been adopted by a same-sex penguin couple Rocky and Marama at the aquarium after they showed they were ready to look after an egg of their own. The egg was one of two born to the birth mother and staff thought it as better to move the egg to relieve her of the pressure of raising two chicks."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/10/gay-penguin-couple-adopt-first-gender-neutral-penguin-london-aquarium-10715881/

It's not satire.

Will there be a year, or a period of time, when the madness reaches its apogee?
Dan S. MacAbre
Only when the barbarians march in and destroy the west.
Gary Walker
"Sweden" comes to mind.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-10 21:42:28 UTC
Post by Gary Walker
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Gary Walker
[...]
Yes. Lamentable. To think that Thor was one of my favourite comic
characters, too. :-)
Gary Walker
"Thorina" if you please. The poor girl has enough to cope with, post-transition, without sexist misgendering!
Dan S. MacAbre
I suppose it could be just Thora.
Incubus
Sweden is a Mecca for this - literally.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-11 12:13:01 UTC
Post by Gary Walker
[...]
The end can't be far off, now.

Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
Ian Jackson
2019-09-11 12:44:48 UTC
In message <qlaocd$92n$***@dont-email.me>, Dan S. MacAbre <***@way.com>
writes
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
What we need for balance is a Firelady Samantha.
Ian
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-11 12:49:54 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
What we need for balance is a Firelady Samantha.
I imagine we're headed for a future where it simply isn't safe to have
images or representations of people in anything: adverts, mascots, toys,
cartoons, etc. I never imagined when I collected my Robertson's
Golliwog brooches that I'd have to keep them hidden away.
Basil Jet
2019-09-11 14:49:31 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
What we need for balance is a Firelady Samantha.
I imagine we're headed for a future where it simply isn't safe to have
images or representations of people in anything: adverts, mascots, toys,
cartoons, etc.  I never imagined when I collected my Robertson's
Golliwog brooches that I'd have to keep them hidden away.
Maybe we could have lots of geometric patterns on all of our buildings.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Villagers - 2010 - Becoming A Jackal
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-09-11 14:56:51 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
What we need for balance is a Firelady Samantha.
I imagine we're headed for a future where it simply isn't safe to have
images or representations of people in anything: adverts, mascots,
toys, cartoons, etc.  I never imagined when I collected my Robertson's
Golliwog brooches that I'd have to keep them hidden away.
Maybe we could have lots of geometric patterns on all of our buildings.
Surely no-one could object to that :-) No doubt that explains their
increasing prevalence.
abelard
2019-09-16 09:41:51 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
What we need for balance is a Firelady Samantha.
I imagine we're headed for a future where it simply isn't safe to have
images or representations of people in anything: adverts, mascots, toys,
cartoons, etc.  I never imagined when I collected my Robertson's
Golliwog brooches that I'd have to keep them hidden away.
Maybe we could have lots of geometric patterns on all of our buildings.
stop confusing me...
now i don't know if you're being lineist, racist, sexist, culturist or
perpetrating a hate crime