"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
2020-11-20 12:12:52 UTC
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.

Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.

"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
Keema's Nan
2020-11-20 13:21:27 UTC
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
It would seem that bullying has now been elevated to the highest
qualification needed in the world of senior politics.

I wonder if those with the ultimate power are now making the ultimate
mistakes?
abelard
2020-11-20 13:27:36 UTC
On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:21:27 +0000, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
It would seem that bullying has now been elevated to the highest
qualification needed in the world of senior politics.
f those with the ultimate power are now making the ultimate
mistakes?
what is`bully
Post by Keema's Nan
I wonder iing'?
telling recalcitrant 'civil' 'servants' to get on with
their jobs and stop arguing?
Keema's Nan
2020-11-20 16:18:09 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
I wonder iing'?
telling recalcitrant 'civil' 'servants' to get on with
their jobs and stop arguing?
Yes.Precisely.

It is not the job of a politician to tell the civil servants to get on with
their jobs. There is a civil service hierarchy for that.

It would not be seen as normal for civil servants to tell politicians to get
on with the jobs for which they were elected; and not spend all their time
bossing other people around, lounging in bars and restaurants gorging
themselves on subsidised food and drink.
JNugent
2020-11-20 17:17:27 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
I wonder iing'?
telling recalcitrant 'civil' 'servants' to get on with
their jobs and stop arguing?
Yes.Precisely.
It is not the job of a politician to tell the civil servants to get on with
their jobs. There is a civil service hierarchy for that.
The "civil service hierarchy" reaches up to Permanent Secretary in each
department, taking (at least nominally) instruction and guidance from
ministers (usually a Secretary of State plus one or more Ministers of
State and then Parliamentary Under-Secretaries in each House of Parliament).

The central prospectus is that decisions are made by or on behalf of
ministers.

It IS (part of) the job of a politician (a minister, at least) to tell
civil servants to "get on with it" and what it is they want the civil
servants to get on with.
Post by Keema's Nan
It would not be seen as normal for civil servants to tell politicians to get
on with the jobs for which they were elected; and not spend all their time
bossing other people around, lounging in bars and restaurants gorging
themselves on subsidised food and drink.
If it were necessary, they might proffer advice to that effect. They
couldn't issue orders.
Peter
2020-11-20 17:40:32 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
I wonder iing'?
telling recalcitrant 'civil' 'servants' to get on with
their jobs and stop arguing?
Yes.Precisely.
It is not the job of a politician to tell the civil servants to get on with
their jobs. There is a civil service hierarchy for that.
The "civil service hierarchy" reaches up to Permanent Secretary in each
department, taking (at least nominally) instruction and guidance from
ministers (usually a Secretary of State plus one or more Ministers of
State and then Parliamentary Under-Secretaries in each House of Parliament).
The central prospectus is that decisions are made by or on behalf of
ministers.
It IS (part of) the job of a politician (a minister, at least) to tell
civil servants to "get on with it" and what it is they want the civil
servants to get on with.
Why should it be any different to a boss/underling relationship?
Underlings are supposed to do what the boss tells them to do, but that
does not sanction bosses bullying or otherwise behaving obnoxiously.
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Ernst Specker on Paul Bernays
Keema's Nan
2020-11-20 18:54:22 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
[...]
Because government ministers regard themselves as above the law.
Post by Peter
Underlings are supposed to do what the boss tells them to do, but that
does not sanction bosses bullying or otherwise behaving obnoxiously.
No, but the usual dimwit excuse is that ‘it was just a bit of banter’.
couldn't issue orders.
Peter
2020-11-20 17:36:43 UTC
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
Ian Jackson
2020-11-21 08:51:16 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
As they say, "The nice thing about standards is that there are so many
to choose from". I guess that Boris is simply adopting an alternative
standard from Alex Allen.
Ian
Peter
2020-11-21 09:47:25 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
 Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
 "Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
As they say, "The nice thing about standards is that there are so many
to choose from". I guess that Boris is simply adopting an alternative
standard from Alex Allen.
These are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

Groucho Marx
Pancho
2020-11-21 11:34:11 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.

The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
JNugent
2020-11-21 14:21:17 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.
The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
The allegations against Bercow, whetever their provenance, were not
party-political like the one(s) against the Home Secretary.
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Indeed. They were 'anti-semitic'®™.
Pancho
2020-11-21 19:43:48 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards
chief (Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.
The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
The allegations against Bercow, whetever their provenance, were not
party-political like the one(s) against the Home Secretary.
I'm always a little unsure how to respond to a point that is both
irrelevant and nonsense.

I think it is best to let the reader judge.
Keema's Nan
2020-11-21 20:40:02 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by JNugent
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards
chief (Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.
The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
The allegations against Bercow, whetever their provenance, were not
party-political like the one(s) against the Home Secretary.
I'm always a little unsure how to respond to a point that is both
irrelevant and nonsense.
The best way to respond to the usual Nugent irrelevant nonsense, is to ignore
him.

He will take decades to get the message, but he may eventually see the light.
We have a reader?
Pancho
2020-11-21 21:00:31 UTC
We have a reader?
CI5

I'm not sure if it is Bodie or Doyle.
Farmer Giles
2020-11-21 21:44:34 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by JNugent
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
[...]
He's another dodgy one with an invented Irish background. I suppose they
think that it allows them to get away with being slyly anti-English.
Pancho
2020-11-22 10:10:13 UTC
I thought he was supposed to be a scouser?
Farmer Giles
2020-11-22 11:25:20 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
He's another dodgy one with an invented Irish background. I suppose
they think that it allows them to get away with being slyly anti-English.
I thought he was supposed to be a scouser?
He clearly has some Liverpool connections, as I have, but that doesn't
necessarily mean anything.
KKKernal Corn
Indeed. He's the son of an Edgware taxi driver.
Keema's Nan
So very used to a household of bullshitters then?
KKKernal Corn
2020-11-22 14:07:22 UTC
On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 12:55:16 +0000, Keema's Nan
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
He's another dodgy one with an invented Irish background. I suppose
they think that it allows them to get away with being slyly anti-English.
I thought he was supposed to be a scouser?
He clearly has some Liverpool connections, as I have, but that doesn't
necessarily mean anything.
Indeed. He's the son of an Edgware taxi driver.
So very used to a household of bullshitters then?
And people constantly arguing with each other in the best semitic
tradition.
JNugent

Ask Naan. Either of them.
KKKernal Corn
2020-11-22 18:50:02 UTC
On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 18:24:18 +0000, JNugent
Post by JNugent
Post by KKKernal Corn
Post by Farmer Giles
Post by Pancho
Post by Farmer Giles
He's another dodgy one with an invented Irish background. I suppose
they think that it allows them to get away with being slyly anti-English.
I thought he was supposed to be a scouser?
He clearly has some Liverpool connections, as I have, but that doesn't
necessarily mean anything.
Indeed. He's the son of an Edgware taxi driver.
Edgware, Arizona.
Ask Naan. Either of them.
Unfortunately, it's Edgware, Mddx: full of jews, as are adjacent
Mill Hill, Hendon and Elstree. Quite the jew ghetto, what?

Keema's Nan
2020-11-21 15:22:28 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.
The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
I think they are very sensitive to raised voices. I presume they believe at
that level of power, the individuals involved ought to be mature enough to
argue with each other without resorting to shouting and swearing. Ok for the
plebs, but not for those in charge.

If the civil servants are being as obstructive as possible to the policies
advanced by ministers, it is probably because the said policies are becoming
too extreme or the executive is trying to ride roughshod over parliament.
This may be reasonable behaviour for dimwits such as Nugent - who only know
one right way; their way; but not for an elected democracy.

It would be another story if the government was attempting to implement an
extreme left wing agenda; the rightwards would be cheering for the
obstructing civil servants all the way.

Such is the hypocrisy of politics.
KKKernal Corn
Berkowitz is a grubby little jew who deserves nothing less.
Keema's Nan
2020-11-21 17:25:37 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.
The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
Berkowitz is a grubby little jew who deserves nothing less.
Didn’t Patel get a blocking in the past for meeting privately with
Netanyahu, without government consent or representation?

One wonders if bullying is the jew default setting?

I’ve no doubt they will be running the show at the G20dodgy handshakeG20
conference.
JNugent
In Saudi Arabia?
KKKernal Corn
2020-11-21 21:36:01 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Peter
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
What earthly point is there to having standards if the standards chief
(Alex Allen at present) can just be ignored?
A rule is designed to modify/affect behaviour, in general. Often they
aren't enforced at all and yet still have a significant effect.
The thing that pisses me off about this is the way bullying rules are
used partially for political purposes against people like Bercow.
Berkowitz is a grubby little jew who deserves nothing less.
Didn’t Patel get a blocking in the past for meeting privately with
Netanyahu, without government consent or representation?
Do you mean 'bollocking'? Unlikely for a female, but in this day and
age, who really knows?
Keema's Nan
I mean bollocking but my spellchecker knows far better than I ever could.
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
2020-11-20 18:57:39 UTC
Post by Pamela
After Cummings, now Priti Patel gets Boris's support despite being in
the wrong.
Boris is turning out to be like Trump in this.
"Bullying inquiry head quits as PM backs Patel"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076
Poor snowflakes in the Home Office...getting 'bullied' by an
overweight Paki!