Starmer puff piece
Pancho
2021-06-02 11:19:23 UTC
<https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-57321990>

Why are the BBC (and ITV) running a vacuous article puffing up Starmer?

One would hope an article on an opposition leader, or any politician,
would concentrate on: polices, goals, vision.

No mention of dissent in Labour, no mention of electoral defeat in
Hartlepool, no mention of the labour purges against critics.

I doubt anyone really believes this will help Starmer. He seems to be
just a leadership place holder after Corbyn. His job is just to purge
the Labour party of left wingers, suck up negative feeling against the
way Corbyn was treated, before a new "clean" leader is chosen in the run
up to the next General Election.

I guess more than anything this is the MSM flaunting its power. If you
suck up to us and our interests this is what we will do for you? Letting
the next leader of Labour know he must form a pact with them in the same
way Blair formed a pact with Murdoch? Maybe it is a warning to Boris to.

It seems a bit desperate to me, the BBC seems to have lost any reason to
exist.
JNugent
2021-06-06 11:41:35 UTC
Post by Pancho
[...]
If only that were so.

The News and Current Affairs staff seem to have only too clear a view of
what their function is.