An interesting detail
Add Reply
Roger
2019-09-07 19:53:41 UTC
If there is no general election then one thing we can be sure of is that Boris Johnson will be representing the UK at the EU summit.

Here he can make his case to either accept his deal or not allow an extension even if he later writes a letter and ask for one.

All he needs to do is point out how far removed the UK are from the ex Holy Roman Empires idea of a USE; that means every pass of integration is going to be a pain in the side of UK opt outs.
MM
2019-09-09 08:31:52 UTC
Post by Roger
If there is no general election then one thing we can be sure of is that Boris Johnson will be representing the UK at the EU summit.
Here he can make his case to either accept his deal or not allow an extension even if he later writes a letter and ask for one.
If his speech to the EU leaders is anything as bad as that in front of
police officer recruits a few days ago, I hope they don't start
laughing into their hands.
Post by Roger
All he needs to do is point out how far removed the UK are from the ex Holy Roman Empires idea of a USE; that means every pass of integration is going to be a pain in the side of UK opt outs.
That sounds like a threat, and the EU doesn't respond to threats other
than by closing ranks ever tighter.

MM