Mother's Day cards go gender-neutral
BurfordTJustice
2018-03-12 10:57:51 UTC
Waitrose is selling gender-neutral Mother's Day cards as retailers reduce
their use of the M-word to make today's celebration more "transgender
inclusive".

The supermarket chain is selling a "Happy You Day" card in its Mother's Day
range in which the word "mother" does not appear.

Waitrose said the move was aimed at "broadening out who the cards can go to,
whether it's grandmas or transgender mums". Traditional cards are still
sold.

Waitrose has been joined by other retailers, including Scribbler, whose
Mother's Day offerings include a "Two mums are better than one" card for
same-sex couples and a "Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum" card.
abelard
2018-03-12 12:08:56 UTC
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 06:57:51 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
Waitrose is selling gender-neutral Mother's Day cards as retailers reduce
their use of the M-word to make today's celebration more "transgender
inclusive".
The supermarket chain is selling a "Happy You Day" card in its Mother's Day
range in which the word "mother" does not appear.
Waitrose said the move was aimed at "broadening out who the cards can go to,
whether it's grandmas or transgender mums". Traditional cards are still
sold.
Waitrose has been joined by other retailers, including Scribbler, whose
Mother's Day offerings include a "Two mums are better than one" card for
same-sex couples and a "Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum" card.
is there a person's day yet?
2018-03-12 12:12:59 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Waitrose is selling gender-neutral Mother's Day cards as retailers reduce
their use of the M-word to make today's celebration more "transgender
inclusive".
The supermarket chain is selling a "Happy You Day" card in its Mother's Day
range in which the word "mother" does not appear.
Waitrose said the move was aimed at "broadening out who the cards can go to,
whether it's grandmas or transgender mums". Traditional cards are still
sold.
Waitrose has been joined by other retailers, including Scribbler, whose
Mother's Day offerings include a "Two mums are better than one" card for
same-sex couples and a "Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum" card.
is there a person's day yet?
Not divisive enough :-)

At our lad's school they make mother's day cards in class, but they have
never made a father's day card.
Al Borland
2018-03-12 12:32:59 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
Mother's Day has always been about pleasuring Mom and lavishing her with gifts.

Father's Day has always been about buying Dad a new Dewalt cordless tool so he can go sweat his ass off playing handyman.
rbowman
2018-03-12 16:50:15 UTC
Post by Al Borland
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
My father and I once took her fishing for Mothers Day. Never repeated
that mistake...
abelard
2018-03-12 12:46:29 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Waitrose is selling gender-neutral Mother's Day cards as retailers reduce
their use of the M-word to make today's celebration more "transgender
inclusive".
The supermarket chain is selling a "Happy You Day" card in its Mother's Day
range in which the word "mother" does not appear.
Waitrose said the move was aimed at "broadening out who the cards can go to,
whether it's grandmas or transgender mums". Traditional cards are still
sold.
Waitrose has been joined by other retailers, including Scribbler, whose
Mother's Day offerings include a "Two mums are better than one" card for
same-sex couples and a "Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum" card.
is there a person's day yet?
Not divisive enough :-)
you have a good head on your shoulders...straight to the point!
Ed Pawlowski
2018-03-12 14:39:12 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
At our lad's school they make mother's day cards in class, but they have
never made a father's day card.
About half the Father's Day cards would start out with "To Whom It May
Concern"
Ophelia

lol
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-03-12 12:58:11 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Waitrose is selling gender-neutral Mother's Day cards as retailers reduce
their use of the M-word to make today's celebration more "transgender
inclusive".
The supermarket chain is selling a "Happy You Day" card in its Mother's Day
range in which the word "mother" does not appear.
Waitrose said the move was aimed at "broadening out who the cards can go to,
whether it's grandmas or transgender mums". Traditional cards are still
sold.
Waitrose has been joined by other retailers, including Scribbler, whose
Mother's Day offerings include a "Two mums are better than one" card for
same-sex couples and a "Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum" card.
is there a person's day yet?
Thank you for being the most amazing person. There now, did that make
your day?

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
--
p-0.0-h the cat

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

2018-03-12 16:41:43 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Waitrose is selling gender-neutral Mother's Day cards as retailers reduce
their use of the M-word to make today's celebration more "transgender
inclusive".
The supermarket chain is selling a "Happy You Day" card in its Mother's Day
range in which the word "mother" does not appear.
Waitrose said the move was aimed at "broadening out who the cards can go to,
whether it's grandmas or transgender mums". Traditional cards are still
sold.
Waitrose has been joined by other retailers, including Scribbler, whose
Mother's Day offerings include a "Two mums are better than one" card for
same-sex couples and a "Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum" card.
is there a person's day yet?
Thank you for being the most amazing person. There now, did that make
your day?
i felt amazing already...but it did make me feeeeel even more
wonderful to be selected from all the trillions for your very
special attention
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-03-12 17:39:58 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
Yes, we're very good at that. You feel like you've earned it. Dogs just
haven't learned the knack and they are smelly.

2018-03-12 17:44:10 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
[...]
i would never insult you by suggesting that you would give
your accolades lightly

i can hardly help but be flattered by your honest praises
Shadow
2018-03-12 19:52:10 UTC
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 06:57:51 -0400, "Bouffant du Jour"
Something about being terrified by a card.
Hey Pooh, Is the Bouffant a "Mother's Day card" now ? Or are
"Mother's day cards" now Bouffants ?
Advise. They never explain in the commercials.
TY
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-03-12 23:30:48 UTC
Post by Shadow
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 06:57:51 -0400, "Bouffant du Jour"
Something about being terrified by a card.
Hey Pooh, Is the Bouffant a "Mother's Day card" now ? Or are
"Mother's day cards" now Bouffants ?
Advise. They never explain in the commercials.
TY
I think we are now free to interpret it in any way we like providing we
do so in a totally non-judgemental way respectful to our oversensitive
and oppressed snowflakes from the far right.

We must learn to show understanding towards their need to whine and
express their peculiar brand of group paranoia. expression of victim
mentality coupled with minority hate and tough talk.

This helps them to feel less 'terrified'.